Page 283 of 373 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    In fairness to the primary officer, she did put on her uniform hat.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Yeah I realize that. I was just guessing that the NYPD might have a no-PIT policy, and so someone might have come up with the "drive your patrol car in front of the fleeing vehicle" tactic as a replacement. I suppose that the officer in the video could have come up with it by herself, but someone could have taught it to her too. And if it was taught, was it official NYPD policy?
    I assumed you knew it, I was just kidding about the technique used in the video. In my part of the world, I have never seen this technique used. It was painful to watch. I think I have seen some old videos, like 50s and 60s vintage, where something like this was done, but I am not even sure about that. Things might be different back East. In my area, many agencies have severely curtailed or even outright prohibit pursuits, especially with less than fully marked and equipped police vehicles, and I am not sure the guy's driving could have justified a PIT, especially on a crowded highway. Maybe this was her way of stopping without "pursuing" the car?

One wonders if singing along and whistling to crappy music is some sort of stress-reduction technique for this particular individual.

Otherwise, it was almost a comical soundtrack for a deadly serious situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    In fairness to the primary officer, she did put on her uniform hat.
    I mean, that's the reason you join the Highway units at big city PDs in the northeast. Gotta' be rocking that crush cap.

Jackboots with boot knives and antique leather riding jackets are the norm in some places as well, like Philly. No different than a cop in Texas in current times wearing a revolver with individually looped rounds...that's even worse, really. The firemen up in the northeast are big into tradition/espirit de corps as well, and it's common for guys to be wearing 100 year old leather firehats instead of modern helmets that are objectively way safer and more comfortable.

NYPD Highway Patrol:
    Name:  NYPDHighwayPtl.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  48.8 KB

Philadelphia PD Highway Patrol

Name:  PhillyHwyPtl.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.0 KB
    Last edited by TGS; 01-10-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Id get into it just for the leather.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Id get into it just for the leather.
    Paging @Maple Syrup Actual
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I mean, that's the reason you join the Highway units at big city PDs in the northeast. Gotta' be rocking that crush cap.

Jackboots with boot knives and antique leather riding jackets are the norm in some places as well, like Philly. No different than a cop in Texas in current times wearing a revolver with individually looped rounds...that's even worse, really. The firemen up in the northeast are big into tradition/espirit de corps as well, and it's common for guys to be wearing 100 year old leather firehats instead of modern helmets that are objectively way safer and more comfortable.

NYPD Highway Patrol:
    Name:  NYPDHighwayPtl.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  48.8 KB

Philadelphia PD Highway Patrol

Name:  PhillyHwyPtl.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.0 KB

Where have I seen that look before ?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I just watched that NYPD video. I was alarmed by the number of cars behind that suspect. I hope nobody go hit. I guess if you had stopped him from behind, you would have traffic to your back.

Attachment 82596
    And WTF is with the bystander cars and folks just sitting there? I would have driven off/unassed myself ASAP (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    And WTF is with the bystander cars and folks just sitting there? I would have driven off/unassed myself ASAP (I hope).
    On that stretch of highway, going anywhere but straight ahead is pretty much a non-started. There are occasional exists and one or two pull offs for folks to look over the water, but other than that, it's cars/truck and metal barrier walls pretty much in a long linear kill zone.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure one summer I worked the door at a bar where this was the uniform, actually.

The downside was everyone resisted a little bit, even if they had no intention of causing trouble; the upside was that they were definitely going to consent to having a chokehold applied if you had to drag them out. As long as you had plenty of hand sanitizer available...well, I've worked worse clubs than that.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List