Page 309 of 374 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Seems this links to the same video as the post above
    Thanks for looking out, it should be fixed now.

Apologies if this has already been posted. I didn't see it posted, and the videos only became available yesterday. I am not LE, so posting with minimal analysis. I'm local and haven't seen much coverage of this one.

Bodycam videos released yesterday for a shooting that occurred Monday, June 27th. Investigation is ongoing, but seems to be a traffic stop, short car chase with at least one shot at chasing cops, bailed from car while wearing a ski mask, short foot chase, then OIS. Deceased seems to have been unarmed at the time of shooting.

We've had a handful of protests with some property damage. Curfew last night and tonight, and the city is importing local LE for crowd control. It sounds like the majority of the issue is with the number of rounds fired (early reports say 90+ rounds fired from 8 cops with ~60 hits).

This is the compilation of officer bodycams released by Akron, OH in accordance with our local "release the videos within 7 days" requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by p1090 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted. I didn't see it posted, and the videos only became available yesterday. I am not LE, so posting with minimal analysis. I'm local and haven't seen much coverage of this one.

Bodycam videos released yesterday for a shooting that occurred Monday, June 27th. Investigation is ongoing, but seems to be a traffic stop, short car chase with at least one shot at chasing cops, bailed from car while wearing a ski mask, short foot chase, then OIS. Deceased seems to have been unarmed at the time of shooting.

We've had a handful of protests with some property damage. Curfew last night and tonight, and the city is importing local LE for crowd control. It sounds like the majority of the issue is with the number of rounds fired (early reports say 90+ rounds fired from 8 cops with ~60 hits).

This is the compilation of officer bodycams released by Akron, OH in accordance with our local "release the videos within 7 days" requirement.
    Good shoot in my opinion.

I guess I’m just old fashioned but I tend to believe that if you don’t commit crimes, shoot at cops, and then run from them, you will probably be unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by p1090 View Post

They're really lucky that none of them shot another cop.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Lake county FL. Looks like officer had mag pouch difficulty as he had to turn the mags around in his hand to load them properly in the middle of a gunfight.

[QUOTE=Caballoflaco;1373311]Lake county FL. Looks like officer had mag pouch difficulty as he had to turn the mags around in his hand to load them properly in the middle of a gunfight.

[/QUOTE

That was interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Lake county FL. Looks like officer had mag pouch difficulty as he had to turn the mags around in his hand to load them properly in the middle of a gunfight.

Also note the RDS equipped pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Out of Orlando FL. Reading the comments it looks like the video was cut off due to the shooter deciding to shoot himself.

This video show the body cam on the back up officer who arrived at the end of Officer #1’s body cam and would up exchanging fire with the suspect in the Olive Garden parking lot.

Officer #2’s body cam starts just after the 11:30 mark.

19 yo suspect was approaching under aged girls at the mall intoxicated with an open container of Liquor visible in his bag. After a pedestrian stop and warning Officer 1 followed the suspect out of the mall and noticed a visible container of weed. Suspect ran then fired at Officer 1. Suspect ends up outside the Olive Garden across from the mall, exchanges fire with Officer 2 then shoots himself.

Note post shooting Officer 2 is spun up enough another officer has to remind him to decock and holster (They’re running Sig P226s).
    Last edited by HCM; 07-16-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    …Note post shooting Officer 2 is spun up enough another officer has to remind him to decock and holster (They’re running Sig P226s).
    I’ve seen the same thing (forgetting to de-cock a Sig after an engagement) numerous times with officers when doing force on force training. Those experiences make me question the viability of TDA weapons in duty holsters, and really appreciate the simplicity of the manual of arms on most striker fired guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    I’ve seen the same thing (forgetting to de-cock a Sig after an engagement) numerous times with officers when doing force on force training. Those experiences make me question the viability of TDA weapons in duty holsters, and really appreciate the simplicity of the manual of arms on most striker fired guns.
    It’s simply a matter of the level of training. In this instance, the officer not only did not decock but didn’t holster either.

If carrying a TDA decocking should be at the unconscious competence level.

If there isn’t adequate training/ sustainment training striker fired guns may be a better choice.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-17-2022 at 09:12 AM.

User Tag List