Page 164 of 374 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    Thanks Yote.

Keith
    You’re welcome. Here’s an article I found about OC exposure to a working dog.

https://www.policek9.com/html/oc.html
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    That’s all that would expect from an OC deployment, hopefully we’ve all been sprayed with OC and had to go through much harder drills after the exposure. It’s just OC not sulphuric acid.
    Correct, but some on the forum seem to think it's an appropriate response to an active assault attempt. It is not.

And, yes, if we change key facts of any scenario we often change the result. In this case with the actual facts, OC was a failure.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You're showing promise. Now we've gotta work on your spelling.

blues, you're just po'ed cause he beat your to it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    You’re right, I need to read better. It was PITTsylvania, Virginia. I thought the cars looked familiar.

And, nothin like that ever happens in Pa.

Site Supporter
    OC works on most people most of the time. It doesn't work on some people at all. It may work on someone Tuesday, but not on Wednesday. It may also work on the same person at 1330 hours, but not at 2130. Reaction to OC is dependent upon the person's motivation, attitude, intoxication, mental health status, and who knows what.

Deployment failures are a frequent cause of OC being ineffective. In these cases, the OC effectively missed the target. Missing the target is dependent on the dispersal system of the OC (cone, fog, stream, foam). The effectiveness of the brand and formulation of the OC also enters into this to a lesser extent. Much more important is when the OC is deployed. Unfortunately, when a suspect suddenly assaults an officer, a deployment failure is much more likely. OC is out there, possibly on the suspect's shirt and as likely contaminating the air your back-up officers are working in, but it's not a failure of the OC.

Brands and formulations matter, but it becomes as complicated as brands, caliber, and models of firearms. During my public career, I was fortunate enough that we elected the right stuff. The Bodyguard worked great, but Sabre Red worked even better, That said, there is plenty of good stuff on the market.

Nothing I've posted should rock anybody's world on this forum. The same applies to most less-lethal products. The most absolute thing I ever say in OC or Taser training is that one should anticipate a failure and have a Plan B and hopefully a few more letters.

No slight intended for anyone posting here, but one issue with OC is the concern and even fear many officers have for it. They place themselves and others at risk because they do't want the risk on contamination or the hassle of decontaminating the suspect. Cross contamination and decontamination are legitimate concerns, but like anything else in life, they should be taken in perspective. An officer or suspect being injured or worse in a brawl is way worse than someone getting pepper sprayed.

Baltimore:

Tuesday night, BPD officer was almost run over and another shot at by a guy in a small silver SUV. Police pursue, but pursuit is called off by superiors, much to the consternation of the cops, FOP, etc. Next day, a woman reported small silver SUV stolen, she thinks by brother. Around 11 PM Wednesday night, police spot said vehicle and pursue near Johns Hopkins hospital. This was the result:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1vJuxBg...d=lhp79e3je110

Needless to say, bad guy (who family says was schizo and off meds and wanted to die via police) DOA at Hopkins hospital two blocks away.

In video, you can see it come down toward the POV of the camera (headlights off), kinda pauses in left turn lane, then turns right in front of camera. Pursuit ends at next intersection in, ah, dramatic fashion.

One officer was hit in leg (friendly fire?), already released from hospital, as was a female bystander.

Just submitted for interest.
    Last edited by 43Under; 08-29-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Baltimore:

Tuesday night, BPD officer was almost run over and another shot at by a guy in a small silver SUV. Police pursue, but pursuit is called off by superiors, much to the consternation of the cops, FOP, etc. Next day, a woman reported small silver SUV stolen, she thinks by brother. Around 11 PM Wednesday night, police spot said vehicle and pursue near Johns Hopkins hospital. This was the result:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1vJuxBg...d=lhp79e3je110

Needless to say, bad guy (who family says was schizo and off meds and wanted to die via police) DOA at Hopkins hospital two blocks away.

In video, you can see it come down toward the POV of the camera (headlights off), kinda pauses in left turn lane, then turns right in front of camera. Pursuit ends at next intersection in, ah, dramatic fashion.

One officer was hit in leg (friendly fire?), already released from hospital, as was a female bystander.

Just submitted for interest.
    Guy who is recording is 10/10 commentary.

...and that initial "zip" sound...he's lucky he didn't get dinged.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...and that initial "zip" sound...he's lucky he didn't get dinged.
    This is all I could think of:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is all I could think of:

Yep.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    ...but pursuit is called off by superiors
    Who the fuck calls a pursuit for someone that tried to murder officers?

The brotherhood is fucking dead and buried.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List