Page 257 of 373 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3726

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    LVMP 07/04/2021 - suspect mentally ill Asian male assaults a security guard, flees and resists arrest. After he has taken into custody, as officers attempt to adjust his handcuffs he is able to grab an officers holstered Glock 21 with weapons mounted light, get his finger into the trigger guard without removing the gun from the holster and fire it, striking a second officer in the leg and injuring a third officer who took frag to the ankle.

Wonder if the holster is an ALS light bearing holster? I stopped using one because it allowed access to the trigger. Having a light is nice, but a secure holster is even better.

At some point technology and innovation will solve the issue, but for now I’m sticking with a normal ALS holster for now.

In the knox county shooting it looks like the deputy with the rifle is shooting between to patrol cars, from several car lengths back. How we dont shoot each other more amazes me.

Site Supporter
    One of my shift partners and I had the same reaction, Glendive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    One of my shift partners and I had the same reaction, Glendive.
    No police. No former .mil. Looked like a bunch of dudes running for cover as some dumped rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wonder if the holster is an ALS light bearing holster? I stopped using one because it allowed access to the trigger. Having a light is nice, but a secure holster is even better.

At some point technology and innovation will solve the issue, but for now I’m sticking with a normal ALS holster for now.
    The 7000 series holster from Safariland are better in this regard than the original 6000 series ALS holsters were. A small finger may be able to get to the trigger, but the average adult size finger likely won’t get far enough to even touch the trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    The 7000 series holster from Safariland are better in this regard than the original 6000 series ALS holsters were. A small finger may be able to get to the trigger, but the average adult size finger likely won’t get far enough to even touch the trigger.

I really want to see this up close. I've heard it, and I do believe you and others who say it, but I want to see it. The 6000 series is ridiculous. Maybe ok for a gun with a safety, but not something like a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Tennessee Highway Patrol/Knox County Sheriff's Office OIS. @El Cid will like this one. KCSO body cam is the first video, THP dash cam is the second.

Um, wow... I don't even know what to say anymore. And I wish I had the cure for this kind of thing. No agency outside JSOC is ever going to get all the training it wants/needs so it's likely we will never completely stop the "back of the bus" shooters in LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendive View Post
    In the knox county shooting it looks like the deputy with the rifle is shooting between to patrol cars, from several car lengths back. How we dont shoot each other more amazes me.
    I imagine it varies considerably by agency, but I see this a lot, and often a lot worse than this video. I think these videos can be good training, but it is difficult to benefit from sometimes, because it is hard to use BWC video for training when it is from your own agency; showing your own people as examples of poor techniques carries a lot of baggage. But BWC from elsewhere causes people to externalize the behavior and "blame" the behavior on other dudes from other agencies.

Typically, it is prudent to hold off on saying much within an agency until formal reviews and reports of the incident are complete, which means the stuff is pretty stale by the time one can really say much.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I imagine it varies considerably by agency, but I see this a lot, and often a lot worse than this video. I think these videos can be good training, but it is difficult to benefit from sometimes, because it is hard to use BWC video for training when it is from your own agency; showing your own people as examples of poor techniques carries a lot of baggage. But BWC from elsewhere causes people to externalize the behavior and "blame" the behavior on other dudes from other agencies.

Typically, it is prudent to hold off on saying much within an agency until formal reviews and reports of the incident are complete, which means the stuff is pretty stale by the time one can really say much.
    This exactly.

Between personal feelings and liability so much that can be learned goes unheard and unheeded. This is why the fire fighters close call system works for them but hasn't really made so much inroads in law enforcement. Maybe if the incidents were anonymized and/or animated/re-enacted incidents could be reviewed and learned from without hurt feelings,liability,bias or excuses interfering with learning.

Another potential issue (not specific to this particular video) is that many of the various body cam systems have variable degrees of fish-eye effect that distorts angles and distances. An example of this was the female LAPD officer who was a low-grade social media personality. Her camera made the suspect appear to be 15-20yds away at the time of shots fired, while an alternate views appears to show ~5yds.

Some issues are obvious and clear, but there are so many different systems in use, all with varying degrees of distortion, that it can be complicated trying to conduct good quality hot-wash debriefs of specific tactics from outside the filming agency. This isn't to say debriefs/training points shouldn't be done, but rather the subsequent discussions should be moderated by a qualified instructor.
    Last edited by DpdG; 07-12-2021 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List