Page 157 of 374 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If they're using only the vehicle as a weapon, you may not shoot.
    I am guessing the people that made that policy have never had a car driven at them with the intent of running them over.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    None of it really matters though, because he was placed on the gurney in a supine position still alive, then was still fighting the medics after which he died as noted by the medic in the video.
    What timestamp is this? I hear medics asking if he's alive, police saying they think so, yet I see him unresponsive to a sternum rub on the gurney before he even gets into the ambulance. Once inside, the medics don't really attempt any aid as one declares "he's dead."
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 08-03-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    What timestamp is this? I hear medics asking if he's alive, police saying they think so, yet I see him unresponsive to a sternum rub on the gurney before he even gets into the ambulance. Once inside, the medics don't really attempt any aid as one declares "he's dead."
    It was about 5:50. Again with you and your bullshit, where the hell do you have the nerve to say that the medics didn't "really attempt any aid" as they're starting to work a full code? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, and obviously don't know what you're looking at.

Can you just stop with your ignorant bullshit? Grind your axe somewhere else.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-03-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It was about 5:50. Again with you and your bullshit, where the hell do you have the nerve to say that the medics didn't "really attempt any aid" as they're starting to work a full code? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, and obviously don't know what you're looking at.

Dude, I'm with you a lot but you're watching a different video. He's toast around the 4 minute mark, not "fighting the medics" two minutes later. Maybe the medics run a code (I assume they do) but they're sure not on camera doing it here.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 08-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Dude, I'm with you a lot but you're watching a different video. He's toast around the 4 minute mark, not "fighting the medics" two minutes later.
    Well, I'm just going by what the medic said in the video. In addition, I'm not going to assume that he's "toast" (do you mean dead?) at any one point as he appeared to go in and out. Unless you were there and assessed the vitals at that point, you don't have any authority to say that's when he was dead. You're just assuming.

As for him possibly being dead at the 4 minute mark, that's when EMS had already taken charge of patient care. If he's dead at that point, they would've (should've) identified such prior to administering drugs, as establishing vitals are mandatory prior to administering drugs. In which case, if he were dead at that point, it goes back to my prior comment that if there's anything that went wrong here I'd have more questions about the medical care than anything to do with the LEOs.

The video also stated that the EMS crew administered a sedative, which would have been done to calm the combative patient. If anyone looks at his limp state at any point after that and declares him to be dead, then they're also just assuming and taking a guess. Ever see a person on sedatives? That's what they look like.

...but they're sure not on camera doing it here.
    Why does that matter that you're not seeing it on camera here?

They're obviously prepping to run a code. They're doing their EMS shit (the male is running 02) while asking a cop to do compressions. How the fuck is this even a point of conversation that anyone is worried about?

in the video, the female medic even says in the bus, "he was just fighting us".
    A male medic asks the officer in the back of the ambulance a question. It sounds like "So he was fighting and then just gave up?"

I can see how you might have misinterpreted this, but you're being incredibly aggressive when you're the one who's made the mistake. The man hasn't moved, including, possibly, breathing, for a while.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 08-03-2019 at 08:01 PM.

I can see how you might have misinterpreted this, but you're being incredibly aggressive when you're the one who's made the mistake. The man hasn't moved, including, possibly, breathing, for a while.
    And he was already under the care of EMS for most of "that while".....

The LEOs did nothing wrong here, even as much as the video tries to portray them as such.

It's okay to question authority. In fact, it's how you ensure that authority does not become authoritarian. A few dudes in 1775 did just that and thankfully they did. Just because someone wears a badge doesn't mean they are wrong just like it doesn't mean they are right.

And @TGS - you don't have to be an asshole everyday of your life. Take a day off.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

It was about 5:50.
    Ah, I interpret that as the medic asking it as a question to the officers, but I could be wrong.
    Again with you and your bullshit, where the hell do you have the nerve to say that the medics didn't "really attempt any aid" as they're starting to work a full code? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, and obviously don't know what you're looking at.

I don't have an axe to grind - don't take me for some sort of anti-police activist just because I posted 1 video critical of the methods & tactics used in 1 incident (even if my criticisms wind up being totally off base).

I'm increasingly finding that 2 rational people can often view the same OIS or UOF video and come to completely opposite conclusions -- just like some see a black & blue dress while others perceive white & gold:

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I am guessing the people that made that policy have never had a car driven at them with the intent of running them over.
    Or are fine with ISIS inspired vehicle attacks on large crowds.

User Tag List