Page 189 of 373 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Lemme make sure I got this right. Smash a glass bottle on an officers face, and it's all good in San Francisco - no charges. Is that an accurate summary? If it is, this state is heading for serious problems.
    Heading? I think you may have fallen asleep on the bus.

(But, yeah. Undoubtedly.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    ...My fights are with those in our department who think the Ranges only job is to run quals....not to provide training.
    So that there are even more poorly trained cops getting into uses of force while the laws surrounding become ever more stringent? How does someone wake up that stupid yet dress themselves, make it to work in one piece, and pull an admin grade paycheck?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    We are well down this road in California, especially in my native city. And unless the people of your state are way more vigilant and engaged than ours have been....this is coming to your state as well.

As for "weeding out unwanted personality types", yes they are actively doing that. It is apparent in the quality of recruits we are getting, and our high attrition rates. It also explains, partly, the lack of incoming numbers. There just aren't as many of the "acceptable " types applying for the job. City HR has essentially taken over recruiting, and they have eliminated sworn positions from Background Investigations in favor or 960 positions (retirees).....but those are being eliminated as well. Recruiting, hiring and backgrounds will be done entirely by civil service non-sworn folks, who have never pushed a radio car or answered a call.

The focus of training has changed as well. There is a ton of "training".....which 20 years ago would have correctly been referred to as "re-education", said in a Russian accent. Implicit Bias training, Inclusivity, Procedural Justice, De-Escalation, etc. Nothing related to perishable skills and force options (though we do now have a 2 day field tactics course focusing on traffic stops). Due to criminal justice reform and increased "accountability ", I see officers becoming more and more suspicious of, and more hostile to, the increasingly civicly ignorant and disengaged public. This is not a recipe for a healthy free society. It is however, how you build a "police" service whose focus is control, not public safety. We are further down that road than many people want to believe.

Sorry for the rant....but as I said, we're well down that road here.

I don't think this one's been posted. The City of Vallejo released security footage late Tuesday that showed the moment off-duty Richmond Police Sgt. Virgil Thomas shot and killed 38-year-old Eric Reason last November. Thomas shot and killed Reason in the parking lot of JJ’s Fish and Chicken around 5:30 p.m. on November 10.Reason confronted Thomas over a parking space before retrieving a gun from his car and brandishing it at the off-duty sergeant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Mq-CNxJ4Q

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I don't think this one's been posted. The City of Vallejo released security footage late Tuesday that showed the moment off-duty Richmond Police Sgt. Virgil Thomas shot and killed ... Reason confronted Thomas over a parking space before retrieving a gun from his car and brandishing it at the off-duty sergeant.
    This one may not have been discussed here but it's been discussed by several who hang out here. When it came up, Ellifritz shared Hearne's commentary on removing novelty (things you haven't seen, thought of through training) before events occur. I should have understood but didn't, that the use of the engine compartment as a holster by some individuals involved in continuing criminal enterprises isn't common knowledge. Over time, I've recovered from several firearms from engine compartments. In each case, the people involved were gang participants.

Here is a video that was released of a police officer engaging the two killers in NJ who were holed up in the Jewish Market. The officer seems to be shooting out an upper story window at a shooter firing out of the storefront. If you look below the magazine well of the officer's gun you can see the storefront. The video starts without sound.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Here is a video that was released of a police officer engaging the two killers in NJ who were holed up in the Jewish Market. The officer seems to be shooting out an upper story window at a shooter firing out of the storefront. If you look below the magazine well of the officer's gun you can see the storefront. The video starts without sound.

Is he shooting a Glock 21? Seems larger than a standard frame, but they may just be the video.

Seems like there is either a problem getting the magazine to drop, or he is having issues depressing the release.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Seems like there is either a problem getting the magazine to drop, or he is having issues depressing the release.
    Almost looked like he waited to deal with the empty mag until he had the replacement in hand. But it also looks like he was wearing gloves, so that may have contributed to having difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Almost looked like he waited to deal with the empty mag until he had the replacement in hand. But it also looks like he was wearing gloves, so that may have contributed to having difficulty.
    That was my impression. I admit I haven't gone back to view it again, however.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is he shooting a Glock 21? Seems larger than a standard frame, but they may just be the video.
    IIRC, they issue the Glock 22.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List