Page 133 of 371 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3703

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Lafayette IN Officer shot by fellow officer in ND while fleeing from a Dog.

The shooter is the third officer who is behind the door.

Apparently the department cleared this officer. I disagree with their finding. Lots of negligence, bad tactics and bad gun handling in this video.

Agreed. First time I watched I figured it would be the 2nd Officer since he kept muzzling his arm and hand during the search. I’d have fired the clown who shot her.

Site Supporter
    The above does make the case for a DA/SA, LEM, DAK, DAO type trigger. That's what I wish many of my fellow officers carried.... for everyone's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The above does make the case for a DA/SA, LEM, DAK, DAO type trigger. That's what I wish many of my fellow officers carried.... for everyone's safety.
    I would expect an incompetent weapon handler to have a negligent discharge no matter what trigger type they use. Some people just aren’t cut out for a profession of arms.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I would expect an incompetent weapon handler to have a negligent discharge no matter what trigger type they use. Some people just aren’t cut out for a profession of arms.
    This^^^

It appears he caught his gun arm on the door as he was trying to run out the doorway. His body weight in motion will overcome any trigger system.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Lots of negligence, bad tactics and bad gun handling in this video.
    Strongly concur, with, at minimum, intense remedial training and closely supervised field training before allowing a return to independent duty.

Also, I wonder if using a WML as the searching light is agency-trained policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    Also, I wonder if using a WML as the searching light is agency-trained policy.
    I'm going to hypothesize that it's simply just not addressed most of the time, rather than being delineated in policy.

We are taught to use WMLs to search, albeit in scenarios with a very different context/who what where when why. With that said, there's nothing wrong with using a WML to search for a target that you think is likely to harm you when find them...but there's definitely a problem with using your trigger finger to activate the light as a matter of regular habit, and using your weapon to point at things in weird angles as if it's a regular flashlight, instead of keeping it in a defensible ready position pointed in a safe direction and using splash to light an area.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In 2002 I was running through a backyard following my shift sergeant. I had my pistol in my hand, with my finger off the trigger and firmly along the frame when I slid in a pile of dog shit and fell down. I made no attempt to break my fall, instead choosing to control the muzzle of the gun, but I still distinctly remember it crossing the back of his head.

My agency was pretty hard-core about finger trigger discipline. Violations in training (even with a blue gun) but especially on the street, could lead to documentation, counseling, re-training and eventually termination.

I'm glad that officer didn't get shot in the back of the head.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Shootout between FBI agent and Crip gang member in Brooklyn:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/video-...and-fbi-agent/

Fatal OIS in New Orleans:

An interesting technique for firing an AR-15 one-handed here:

User Tag List