Page 116 of 372 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    I'm amazed that so many officers depend on the Taser, but blow off pepper spray, supposedly because it doesn't work, In reality, OC does work most of the time for most people. It may not work perfectly and you do have cross contamination and decontamination issues, but it generally is a punch in the face to most bad guys.

OC and Taser instructor here. Taser is like bomb disposal. When it works, it works really well. When it doesn't work, well.....

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Another failed taser use. A TQ carried by the Corporal saved his life. 41 rounds of 45 ACP fired by both Troopers.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/new...epage-featured

Jesus, that went really, really south. Glad the officers made it and the guy got convicted.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    What kills me about this shoot is that you can SEE in the video where the hyper-criticism of police officers has worked its way into the officer's head, especially in a place like Maryland. He had multiple occasions where the use of force was authorized and put himself in a pretty bad position continually retreating and opting not to use force.

Blame is 100% on the bad guy, I just wish an officer could defend his life and health without knowing that no matter how much he tries to avoid it, he's going to get crucified in the press.
    I agree, the officer is clearly reluctant to use lethal force, probably as a result of what he knows he will be put through following a critical incident like that. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the profession today, I am afraid.

In this case though, the body-cam video from both perspectives (his and the responding officer) exonerates him; that reluctance he demonstrates shows that he is not an impulsive actor (we do have some 'excitable' folks in our ranks). Unfortunately, in the field we have to accept a little rough treatment along the way as it is part of the job. Never really cared for it (the rough treatment) much, but sometimes that is how it is. I've experienced similar situations, though thankfully I was able to avoid taking a human life when the time came to draw my service weapon. Some folks can be reasoned with; others for, whatever reason, won't allow/accept it. S'pose that I was lucky those days.

Glad to see that the police officer made it out alive as it could've gone the other way after the struggle for weapon retention.

Another failed taser use. A TQ carried by the Corporal saved his life. 41 rounds of 45 ACP fired by both Troopers.

Holy hell that was nuts.

I thought for sure when the officers kept shooting at the driver’s area the dirtbag was done, but to see him drive off pissed me off.

Glad the officers survived but I honestly wish they had killed that shitbag.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

At around 45 seconds, one of the troopers clears a handgun and throws it to the side. Was that his BUG? Could anyone tell?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    At around 45 seconds, one of the troopers clears a handgun and throws it to the side. Was that his BUG? Could anyone tell?
    I read an article that said yes, it was a backup weapon of one of the officers that fell loose in the struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I read an article that said yes, it was a backup weapon of one of the officers that fell loose in the struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder how he carried it.

Watching this reminds me we live in the 21st century where an officer's first reaction is to rely on a one-shot plastic gizmo with less amps than a household vacuum rather than his hands and fists to overcome the resistance of someone that wishes to do he and his partner harm.

Officer #1 is being attacked and the guy goes for his gun. The fact all that officer #2 can do is rely on the stupid Taser (might as well just stand there with his thumb up his butt) rather than even trying to grab the dude or taking an impact weapon to the guy makes me sick. Grab him, hit him, or shoot him...any of those would have been justified or more effective than what he did and could have saved Officer #1 from his medically induced coma and long recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Holy hell that was nuts.

I thought for sure when the officers kept shooting at the driver’s area the dirtbag was done, but to see him drive off pissed me off.

Glad the officers survived but I honestly wish they had killed that shitbag.
    .45acp has trouble getting through vehicle materials. I have been to a half dozen vehicle shoot workshops over the last few years, and even with .45acp+P bonded loads a slug rarely gets through a car door. The majority of the trooper's rounds were fired below the autoglass level, and into the car body. From my experiences, any of the other three major calibers(9mm, .357sig, .40S&W) are a better choice while working in and around vehicles.
    Last edited by KhanRad; 08-11-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^^Wow. A lot of lessons in that video. I'm glad the troopers survived the encounter.

blues, did you read the entire story? I'm glad they "survived," too. This is pretty close to me and what makes it so unusual is the Pennlive headline about "how fast these things can happen." Pennlive is not exactly "tuned in" to the concepts of real police work, which coincides with their being extremely liberal. Welcome to my world of "news."

User Tag List