Page 180 of 373 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    The second officer definitely took control of this cluster.

I spent my public service career in a suburban/urban area where back-up was usually close. I don't know where this took place and don't want to judge, but I will remark that many of the horrifying video footage we watch occurs when someone does in alone when he or she should have waited for assistance. While not always effective and better deployed when back-up is on scene, but pepper spray or taser deployment may well have been better alternatives to debating with the suspect and ineffective hand techniques.

As for the off duty incident, I think extracting the victim (who shouldn't have confronted a gang to begin with) and calling the working police would have been a wiser strategy than taking cell phone photos like every other assault victim you've ever encountered. I also wonder if the off duty officer had a gun on him.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    The mom survived but remains hospitalized following multiple surgeries. Deputy, who just finished basic in February, got a concussion and is on administrative leave pending investigation; Sheriff says no policy violation.

A tactical retreat might have won the day without this mess; a tazer might've, too. The deputy appeared lacking in either the disposition or the training (or both) for this (not uncommon) situation. It was pretty bad, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Kudos to the second deputy to arrive, who cleaned it up fast and had the presence of mind to talk her through her shock, secure the scene and make the arrest.
    Where did this occur ?

Didn’t the officer say she had been shot as well on the video ? Or was that the mom ?

Was the suspect shot ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Thank you.

London Bridge is their patch so it makes sense.

I've been following it on the BBC but as ever, it's too early to know what's being reported is accurate.

Any info on the attacker?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50611788

Born and raised in the UK. In 2010 he was part of a group arrested for a terrorist plot to bomb the London stock exchange.

The attacker was convicted of a terrorism offense for the plot in 2012 and was released on the British version of parole in 2018. Apparently he was part of some British prison program that is supposed to rehabilitate and deprogram Islamic extremists.

He was on a GPS Ankle monitor at the time of the attack.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-05-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Deescalation techniques in real life, and why they're shit:

I've got a lot of questions, to which I doubt I'll get any real answers to so I'll just wait until there's an official report.

Second officer was.....off duty? Hence no vest/uniform and lost his sneaker? Good on him for showing up and handling shit.

Female officer lost her cool. Probably needed another 6 months on fto before she was let loose.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Where did this occur ?

Didn’t the officer say she had been shot as well on the video ? Or was that the mom ?

Was the suspect shot ?
    Greenville County, SC. 20 October '19. Shoplifting call. Deputy had been called to the same house earlier in the day over suspect attempting to steal money from mom's purse to "buy beer". Unclear how that played out.

Deputy shortly thereafter receives a shoplifting call and sees original suspect shoplifting (beer, I wonder?) on store surveillance video.

Bodycam video picks up as deputy confronts suspect at suspect's front door.

Two shots fired: first (from Federal's new "Irony" line) hits suspect's mother; second deeply offends a wall. Suspect not hit. Deputy not hit; it's difficult to hear because she's out of breath, but she tells her partner she's "not shot" and the "not" is barely a whisper.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...me/2597237001/

I also find second deputy's perfectly chosen forward stomp most satisfying, but I really want to buy him a beer for his step-by-step talking her through calming down, getting focused, radioing in, securing her weapon , etc.-- he even reminds her to watch her holster as she re-holsters -- all while he's of necessity taken over the call...that's a cool head and a good teacher.
    Last edited by Wingate's Hairbrush; 12-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

We simply won't go that deep into a shoplifting/petty theft call here. If the theft wasn't in our presence, it's a case report and the victim can follow up with a warrant magistrate.

If mom wants to issue a trespass warning to her 40 something year old son, we can handle that for her and he goes somewhere else. If he stole beer money out of her purse, she gets offered a theft report and she can follow up with the magistrate as well. She's the enabler (unless this guy is mentally disabled and can't care for himself) and until she is ready to be done with him and his associated drama, we aren't there to mentor him off the suds and be a better son. That's a counselor's job.

Not sure how they do it there but here, there would be no need to "investigate" anything. It's a known offender on a petty theft X 2 and he goes down on the report. If the victim(s) so choose, they can seek a warrant. What I'm NOT doing is following anyone into their house for petty theft and family drama without back up on scene. Now if he is in there beating mom with a hammer, yeah I'm going in and handling business. But this looked like some guy with mental issues drunk off his tail with a cop fresh on the streets with no clue of what she was doing.....and certainly no officer safety skills whatsoever.

Mom embracing junior after the pistol came out of the holster was a recipe for disaster in such an instance....and mom certainly paid for that mistake too. But I'm a parent and I get that.....and an untrained officer cranking off a round isn't mom's fault. The officer had ample opportunity to retreat out of this cluster and regroup for her own sake until back up arrived. Knowing when you are in over your head is a valuable commodity.

Had this guy been a violent felon and not a drunk altered mental status dude she'd be room temp by now. If the agency retains her, she needs to go back to day one with a solid FTO with the main focus being officer survival.

Beer theft....and beer money theft by a known offender isn't worth becoming the next name on ODMP. Particularly when the probability of both victims not following up with a warrant magistrate is depressingly high.

Regards.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    We simply won't go that deep into a shoplifting/petty theft call here. If the theft wasn't in our presence, it's a case report and the victim can follow up with a warrant magistrate.

If mom wants to issue a trespass warning to her 40 something year old son, we can handle that for her and he goes somewhere else. If he stole beer money out of her purse, she gets offered a theft report and she can follow up with the magistrate as well. She's the enabler (unless this guy is mentally disabled and can't care for himself) and until she is ready to be done with him and his associated drama, we aren't there to mentor him off the suds and be a better son. That's a counselor's job.

Not sure how they do it there but here, there would be no need to "investigate" anything. It's a known offender on a petty theft X 2 and he goes down on the report. If the victim(s) so choose, they can seek a warrant. What I'm NOT doing is following anyone into their house for petty theft and family drama without back up on scene. Now if he is in there beating mom with a hammer, yeah I'm going in and handling business. But this looked like some guy with mental issues drunk off his tail with a cop fresh on the streets with no clue of what she was doing.....and certainly no officer safety skills whatsoever.

Mom embracing junior after the pistol came out of the holster was a recipe for disaster in such an instance....and mom certainly paid for that mistake too. But I'm a parent and I get that.....and an untrained officer cranking off a round isn't mom's fault. The officer had ample opportunity to retreat out of this cluster and regroup for her own sake until back up arrived. Knowing when you are in over your head is a valuable commodity.

Had this guy been a violent felon and not a drunk altered mental status dude she'd be room temp by now. If the agency retains her, she needs to go back to day one with a solid FTO with the main focus being officer survival.

Beer theft....and beer money theft by a known offender isn't worth becoming the next name on ODMP. Particularly when the probability of both victims not following up with a warrant magistrate is depressingly high.

Regards.
    All I can say is A-freaking-men to this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wow, that was a cluster.
    I'm not a cop but it's like she didn't use any intermediate weapons when I would think they were clearly called for.

She turned it into a contest of strength when she was clearly out matched.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not a cop but it's like she didn't use any intermediate weapons when I would think they were clearly called for.

She turned it into a contest of strength when she was clearly out matched.
    This begs the question? Did she have any intermediate weapons and if so what?

Not every agency, or every officer has tasers or OC spray. Crazy as it sounds some just have collapsible batons. Some of which really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Crazy as it sounds some just have collapsible batons. Some of which really suck.
    Are you tahlkin' to me?

16" steel ASP is the ONLY thing I'm allowed besides a pistol. What's funny is I can carry any model of pistol from NINETEEN (19!) different manufacturers, in 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP (.38 Special in wheelguns), but I CAN'T carry my Winchester expandable baton, only the Harry Potter wand they issue me...

User Tag List