Page 247 of 374 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Domestic goes bad; subject charges up a stairwell at deputy, subject takes 9 rounds and is still able to hit the deputy in the head with a pipe, knocking him out.

When friends/family ask "why don't cops only fire one round", this is a perfect example to show them that pistols aren't death rays.

I'm interested in commentary about the use of 1st man in having his taser out instead of pistol, which seemed to be a deliberate order. PM me in if you don't want to discuss tactics openly.

Last edited by TGS; 04-25-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Domestic goes bad; subject charges up a stairwell at deputy, subject takes 9 rounds and is still able to hit the deputy in the head with a pipe, knocking him out.

When friends/family ask "why don't cops only fire one round", this is a perfect example to show them that pistols aren't death rays.

I'm interested in commentary about the use of 1st man in having his taser out instead of pistol, which seemed to be a deliberate order. PM me in if you don't want to discuss tactics openly.

So, is "I'm afraid you're going to kill me" going to be the new get out of jail free card for suspects resisting, actively combatting officer's?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Lethal/less-lethal deployment wasn't uncommon when I worked for the city. Positioning is critical, however, and I think it is sometimes better for less-lethal to make approaches hands-free in case deployment of the pistol or something other than the taser is necessary. You don't want officers being in positions where the lethal guy can't shoot because of where the less-lethal guy is positioned (or, vice versa).

Chicago PD officer shot:

Fremont PD K9 apprehension and OIS:

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Fremont PD K9 apprehension and OIS:

That was an outstanding briefing video and great work by officers.

I am glad they were able to hit the suspect and miss the dog.

I am also glad to see departments making a concerted effort to get scumbags like this guy off the streets.

Nashville OIS

Metro Nashville OIS from last night. I had no idea Nashville was allowing RMR’s.
    It seems to me that in the two OIS cases involving optics sights recently posted, the officer may or may not have seen the dot at the distances involved. This is particularly evident in the Phoenix taco shop UOF incident. The Nashville officer appeared to be further from the threat and probably did have dot acquisition for the first shot or two.

I will also note that to me, it appears the use of the WML was particularly important in this case, both for the engagement, and as the officer found himself on a street with traffic headed directly toward him.

The WML no doubt helped prevent oncoming traffic from becoming a more significant issue, as cars were approaching in his lane at high speed.

However, the exclusive use of the WML did result in the officer pointing the light (and muzzle) at oncoming traffic. Completely understandable of course.

It appears that the officer simply did not have time to try to deploy or use a separate handheld light in addition to the WML- and in fact, the use of one would have probably interfered with his ability to use his radio.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 04-26-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Metro Nashville OIS from last night. I had no idea Nashville was allowing RMR’s.

Subject was wanted for Murder and firearms offenses out of Massachusetts and was a MA State Police “most wanted.”

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...ruNufhOIwOxyN0

Site Supporter
    Edited dash cam video showing the murder of Officer Darian Jarrott in Luna County, New Mexico:

We saw the fate of Trooper Jarrott, here's the body worn camera footage of the Officer who put an end to the Trooper's murderer.

Since this is P-F, about 9:02 you'll note the officer's Glock has aftermarket sights, a mag well and either grip tape or some inner tube on the grip.

The guys in green / with green body armor are US Border Patrol Agents.

Site Supporter
    Chicago PD officer shot:

I'm glad the Officer who was shot survived but can we discuss the "What's up man?" tactics for a minute ? Uniformed officers use mikes instead of hand held radios to help keep hands free for a reason. He's chasing a suspect that is known to have just shot a security guard in the head, then goes down an alley and clears a corner with a radio in one hand and apparently a holstered gun ?

Conversely, about 8:40 the officer who hops up on the folding chair to clear the fence and put rounds on suspect from the adjoining yard did a great job.

User Tag List