Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187
Results 1,861 to 1,866 of 1866

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    If I had shot every suspect who resisted like this and came at me in my career, I'd be up to double-digit shootings. Some came very close, but only because I couldn't see what was in their hands. I'm gonna make a prediction that neither of these cops has been in a fistfight, ever. I read the Chief's comments at the press conference, he mentioned that people not in LE don't have the knowledge to properly opine on this situation. I do and this is all kinds of soup sandwich.

Also, if one of my guys canceled a backup with the details provided, they would be looking at a letter of reprimand, at the very least. We would send at least two officers and notify a supervisor. Was there a shooting or barricade going on that they couldn't spare the other officers? Nope, they were all available to show up after the shooting. These kinds of calls need to be prioritized and responded to like the high-liability events they are.
    Yeah, our policy would mandate a supervisor respond, as well as CIT trained officers. Tasers would not (and likely won't be for years) be an option for us....just CTS Supersocks and 40mm. Or batons and OC. I would not like to imagine this incident occurring in California after today....especially in my city.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    @Darryl Bolke and I discussed this one. I hope he shares his thoughts.
    Always enjoy hearing what he has to say.

Site Supporter
    LAPD OIS, one of the officers is carrying a 3rd gen S&W. Around 8:30 in the video, does the officer thumb cock his pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Around 8:30 in the video, does the officer thumb cock his pistol?
    Sure looks and sounds like it.
    L'otters are not afraid.
    WWOMJD?

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Sure looks and sounds like it.

You can also hear what sounds like him chomping on gum. Almost like he had too much time on his hands combined with too much adrenaline.

I would suspect LAPD’s DA/SA course teaches not to do this.

Overall I think he did a good job considering what just happened, but the thumb cocking would need to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    LAPD OIS, one of the officers is carrying a 3rd gen S&W. Around 8:30 in the video, does the officer thumb cock his pistol?

Video shows suspect's gun to be a Polymer 80.

User Tag List