Page 315 of 372 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Donovan Lewis shooting:
    Strangely enough, I just had an email about this, which included other participants here.

I'd seen the video of the closet and the bedroom previously, but I had not seen the prior part entering the living room. It's tragic. Reading Enoka's work & thinking about working a dog should give some insight. Generally, I prefer lower ready positions. These three things intersected.

Site Supporter
    Flagstaff Arizona dude charging at officer with a screw driver gets shot. Officer with the taser waits until real bullets are being fired and he is the backstop to deploy his taser.

Site Supporter
    I'm not inclined to deploy a less-lethal against a deadly threat unless significant lethal cover is available. I will also remarks that "Police Activity" doesn't provide much context on what they post (no criticism, just an observation). I don't know how many officers were in scene or what they were doing if they were off camera.

All that aside, I suspect a quicker Taser deployment would have a significant chance of eliminating the need for deadly force. If you've got enough lethal cover, why issue multiple commands to someone verbally and physically refusing to comply? I wonder if agency policy or judicial rulings caused this to become a shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Reading Enoka's work & thinking about working a dog should give some insight. Generally, I prefer lower ready positions. These three things intersected.
    Thanks, that's an interesting and astute observation.

I'm not a dog handler, not even LE, but it seems like a lower ready position would raise the potential for muzzling the dog? Perhaps one of the PF dog guys can weigh in.

The Flagstaff guy gave them ample opportunity to use the taser. I would bet that if the deputy told the city cop to hit him with the taser he would have used it. I don't know if it's from fear of doing the wrong thing or not knowing when to do something but if you give some of them a little direction it can light a fire under them.

Watched it again, one of the county guys did say to tase him no clue why he didn't use Edison's medicine.
    Last edited by Glendive; 09-09-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Site Supporter
    Pretty gnarly fight on a hotel balcony that leads to a shooting in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

Site Supporter
    @jnc36rcpd

They do usually have some additional info if you go to YouTube and click on description, looks like now it’s just a down arrow by the video title. For the flagstaff incident this is what they posted.

Flagstaff, Arizona — On September 7, 2022, at approximately 5:30 am, the Flagstaff/Coconino Emergency Communications Center received a call from the owner of the business located at 4501 Highway 89 that someone had broken into his business, the alarm was going off, and there was a man inside the store. At the same time, a second call was received about a subject threatening to stab people with a knife outside of the business that had been broken into. Officer Patton with the Flagstaff Police Department arrived and contacted the man in the middle of the road near the intersection of Highway 89 and Cummings.

Officer Patton’s body camera footage shows the male with a screwdriver in his right hand advancing towards Officer Patton in a threatening manner. Officer Patton then drew his Taser and the male fled away from him across the street. Deputies McCabe and Harvey with the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office arrived at that time. The Officer and Deputies gave several commands for the man to drop the screwdriver. One of the Deputies stated drop the knife as the original report to 911 was that the man had a knife, and the man was holding a silver object in his right hand. Still photographs taken from the videos show the man with the screwdriver in his hand. The man failed to comply with the law enforcement officers’ commands and backed away from the officers eventually running across Cummings Street.

The Officer and Deputies followed him and surrounded him. The man, who was within approximately ten feet of the officers then turned toward Deputy Harvey running at him and closing the distance. Deputy Harvey shouted at the man to stop several times, however he did not. Deputy Harvey ultimately had to resort to deadly force to stop the man who was coming towards him with a dangerous instrument. At the same time Deputy Harvey fired his weapon Officer Patton fired his Taser. Officer Webster with the Flagstaff Police Department arrived just after the shooting occurred. Officer Webster removed the screwdriver from the right hand of the man and began to provide lifesaving measures along with other officers who had arrived on scene. Medics arrived to assist however the man, 51-year-old Donald Wayne Henry, passed away on scene.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-09-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @jnc36rcpd

They do usually have some additional info if you go to YouTube and click on description, looks like now it’s just a down arrow by the video title. For the flagstaff incident this is what they posted.

Thanks! Helpful to know about this incident and for future posts.

Site Supporter
    Las Vegas, Nevada — On September 10, 2022, at approximately 1:13 a.m., a marked patrol unit conducted a vehicle stop in the 3900 block of University Center Drive for a traffic infraction. During the stop, the three occupants were asked to get out of the vehicle and walk to the front of the patrol SUV. All three occupants complied until one of the males, later identified as 27-year-old Gabriel Charles, fled on foot. The two other occupants were detained by the second officer and 24-year-old Officer Tierney Tomburo initiated a foot pursuit on Charles.

During the short foot pursuit, Charles pulled out a handgun, turned, and fired one round at Officer Tomburo before his gun jammed. There were 14 additional rounds in the magazine. Charles single shot hit Officer Tomburo in the hip and she immediately collapsed but Tomburo was able to fire four shots from the ground striking Charles. Additional officers arrived on scene and performed a downed officer rescue and transported Officer Tomburo to UMC Trauma. Charles was taken into custody and transported to Sunrise Trauma where he succumbed to his injuries

Good for Officer Tomburo. Very happy that she survived her wound and put the perp down.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List