Page 368 of 374 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Robbery suspect shot attempting to access a revolver from an ankle holster.

Ruben Muller With a Revolver - Officer Involved Shooting.

On December 30, 2023, at approximately 1:20 p.m., an officer-involved shooting occurred at or near 601 Hartford Pike in the Dayville section of Killingly, Connecticut, released by the State of Connecticut Office of the Inspector General, which released body cam footage today.

Rhode Island law enforcement had issued an alert regarding a suspect connected to a robbery, operating a Mercury Marquis with Connecticut Registration C257810. Trooper Joseph Godbout spotted the mentioned vehicle at a Mobil gas station situated at 599 Hartford Pike in Dayville.

Upon approaching the driver, later identified as Ruben Muller, Trooper Godbout requested his license, to which Muller responded by stating he did not have it and immediately fled across the parking lot toward a Taco Bell restaurant. Trooper Godbout pursued Muller and discharged his TASER, causing Muller to briefly fall. However, Muller swiftly regained his footing and continued to run.

As Muller reached the driveway of the Taco Bell, he collided with a truck entering the lot and fell once more. Trooper Godbout attempted to use the TASER again on Muller. However, Muller reached into his ankle area and retrieved a revolver. At this critical moment, Trooper Godbout fired a single shot, striking Muller in the chest.

Immediate medical assistance was administered to Muller at the scene. He was initially transported to Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam, CT, and subsequently transferred to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. As of the statement released by the inspector general's office, Muller remains under treatment at UMass Memorial Medical Center.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Robbery suspect shot attempting to access a revolver from an ankle holster.

Ruben Muller With a Revolver - Officer Involved Shooting.
    Oh, dear, gawd.

Site Supporter
    Not too many bad guys use holsters, and definitely not ankle holsters. The bad guy definitely did not read Mas's last article on ankle rigs.

The trooper definitely demonstrated commitment, fitness, and courage. Since the trooper was alone and I have no idea hpw far back-up would I do not want to be critical, but I'll remark that we need to exploit less-lethal weapon capabilities. With the Axon Taser, you have a five second window of opportunity to control the bad guy. That's the time to move in to control, handcuff, or deliver a third point of contact if the suspect still resists.

All is well that ends well, but important to examine these things. Spoken as a long time less lethal instructor. (Yes, I realize that if I didn't anticipate recoil and watched my sights, I could have been a more lethal instructor. )

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Not too many bad guys use holsters, and definitely not ankle holsters. The bad guy definitely did not read Mas's last article on ankle rigs.

The trooper definitely demonstrated commitment, fitness, and courage. Since the trooper was alone and I have no idea hpw far back-up would I do not want to be critical, but I'll remark that we need to exploit less-lethal weapon capabilities. With the Axon Taser, you have a five second window of opportunity to control the bad guy. That's the time to move in to control, handcuff, or deliver a third point of contact if the suspect still resists.

All is well that ends well, but important to examine these things. Spoken as a long time less lethal instructor. (Yes, I realize that if I didn't anticipate recoil and watched my sights, I could have been a more lethal instructor. )
    He didn't get five seconds of Taser reaction. After the fall, the BG grabbed the same leg from which he eventually pulled the gun.
    Last edited by Hambo; 01-06-2024 at 05:33 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    You may be right, Hambo. Watching the video again, it seemed like less than five seconds. Unfortunately, the Taser is not "Phaser on stun". While it devastated bad guys when the Air Taser and Taser 26 were introduced, most return costumers understand its limitations. Many are ready to counter them by yanking probes out. No surprise there, while OC is still devastating, it was more effective before the bad guy community was used to it. Same thing with pepperball, impact rounds, and every other less lethal option.

Again, no criticism of the trooper. I have no idea how far back-up was for him. That said, Tasers are best deployed when back-up is available. (Duuh, isn't everything?) When the suspect dropped from the first deployment, he might have been subdued if the trooper had gone in for a "third point of contact" or going hands-on. That may well not have been possible for the trooper, but a tgought for others.

Site Supporter
    https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...GmQisArY3HqBOk

Video: Ohio deputy picked up in loader while pursuing suspect on foot

The incident occurred after the deputy attempted to climb onto the vehicle and stop the suspect from driving away

MIAMI COUNTY, Ohio — Body camera video shows the moment a suspect in a skid steer loader used the equipment to lift a deputy off the ground and continue to flee in the equipment, WHIO reported.

Video shows the suspect, now identified as Zachary Henry, fleeing from officers who were pursuing the piece of equipment on foot. One officer climbs onto the vehicle in an attempt to stop Henry.

Henry then uses the loader to remove the officer from the vehicle, carrying him around in the front bucket of the loader before dropping him to the ground.

Officers continued to pursue Henry until he drove the vehicle into a pond, where it became stuck, according to the report. He then got out of the vehicle and fled on foot.

Henry has been charged with assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. He is not in custody, but a warrant has been issued for his arrest, according to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...GmQisArY3HqBOk

Video: Ohio deputy picked up in loader while pursuing suspect on foot

The incident occurred after the deputy attempted to climb onto the vehicle and stop the suspect from driving away
    File that under "you've got to be shitting me."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Riverside County CA Sheriff’s OIS. Deputy with a shotgun (870)!shoots female burglary suspect who attempts to throw a knife at the Deputy and his partner.

Site Supporter
    Florida deputy hears what he perceived as a gunshot and has a PTSD-ish over reaction including firing shots into his patrol car where an unarmed and handcuffed suspect was being detained.

Bodycam Shows Florida Deputies Shooting at Man in Patrol Car, Handcuffed and Unarmed

Okaloosa County, Florida — On November 12, 2023, Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Deputies had responded to McLaren Circle around 8:42 a.m. in reference to an initial call of a vehicle driving around honking its horn and disrupting the peace since 3:00 a.m. A second call for service came in from a woman stating her boyfriend, 22-year-old Marquis Jackson, had committed grand theft auto, a felony offense, and had been calling and texting her threats. The victim provided text messages she said had been taken from inside her vehicle showing what appeared to be a firearm suppressor pointing at the dash of the victim’s vehicle. Jackson showed up at the scene around 9:09 a.m. and was detained, searched, handcuffed, and placed in the rear of Deputy Jesse Hernandez’s patrol vehicle while the investigation continued, and the victim completed the affidavit for the stolen vehicle. The victim told deputies Jackson had a silencer and she was not sure where it was and that also he had more than one weapon.

As Deputy Hernandez was returning with a Victim’s Rights form for the caller, other deputies found the victim’s vehicle at 1656 Hunt Club Street. Deputy Hernandez was approaching the passenger side rear door of his patrol car to do a secondary search of Jackson when he heard a pop sound which he perceived to be a gunshot and believed he had been hit. He began yelling “shots fired” multiple times, falling to the ground and rolling. He fired into the patrol car. After witnessing Deputy Hernandez’s response and reaction, the Sergeant Beth Roberts responded with gunshots towards the car as well in response to the perceived threat. Jackson escaped injury and no weapon was located. Deputy Hernandez had been with the OCSO since January 2022. Sergeant Roberts has been with the OCSO since May 2008. Both were current on resistance training and firearms qualifications. Deputy Hernandez resigned on December 4, 2023, during the investigation but was ultimately found to have violated policy. The deputies were cleared of any criminal wrongdoing. Jackson wasn’t injured, and no weapon was located, the OCSO said.

Site Supporter

Fountain Police Officers Shoot Suspect and Dog Following a Domestic Disturbance Call

Fountain, Colorado — On May 19, 2023, at approximately 11:00 p.m., Officers with the Fountain Police Department responded to 3 Taos Circle, regarding a domestic disturbance. Officers contacted 51-year-old James Boyle in the front yard who claimed his wife, Shawna Boyle, locked him out of his house, prompting him to try to enter through a window. He also stated that his dog, was aggressive, and that he did not want officers to shoot it. Boyle was allowed to enter his residence and officers noted he was hostile towards law enforcement and that two officers should respond to the residence for any future incidents. The next day, May 20, 2023, at approximately 6:00 p.m., Corporal Zackary Corey and Officer Destin Alvarez responded to 3 Taos Circle regarding a domestic disturbance, again involving James Boyle. Officers were preparing to clear the scene when Bret Boyle, James and Shawna Boyle’s adult son, drove up to their location.

Bret Boyle told the officers that his father was threatening to kill his mother and that James assaulted her in the past. Bret informed Corporal Corey that his father had access to firearms located inside the residence, but that he did not know its current location. Officers decided to contact Shawna Boyle to gain more information. Corporal Corey and Officer Alvarez drove their marked patrol vehicles to the front of the Boyle residence. Both James and Shawna came out of the residence and waited for Corporal Corey to approach them at the front door of their trailer. Corporal Corey asked Boyle to come over and talk to him. James refused and asked if he was under arrest. Corporal Corey informed James that the Fountain Police Department had received calls about multiple domestic disturbances at their residence, including an incident the day prior.

James said he didn't believe Corporal Corey and he backed away, moved towards the front door of the residence, and put his hands in his pockets. Corporal Corey told James to take his hands out of his pockets, at which point James immediately turned and began opening the front door. Corporal Corey grabbed him to prevent him from going inside the trailer, where James’s son had reported his father had access to firearms. At that point, a physical altercation occurred between Corporal Corey, Officer Alvarez, and James. During that altercation, Corporal Corey pushed James, who fell on top of Shawna. At the same time, the family’s pit bull was able to escape the residence as James was attempting to open the front door, and attacked Officer Alvarez, pulling him to the ground, and biting him in the face and arm.

Officer Alvarez broke free from the pit bull, and while still on the ground, retrieved his service weapon. He shot the dog four times, killing it. James stood up and began to move toward Officer Alvarez and the front door of his residence. Officer Alvarez had holstered his service weapon and drew his taser on James. After warning James that he would use deadly force, Corporal Corey issued three commands for James to stop, which he ignored. Officer Alvarez deployed his taser, striking James James in his chest area. The taser seemed to have no effect on James, who continued to grab for the handle on the front door. Corporal Corey then fired his service weapon two times, striking James in the back two times. Both officers rendered medical aid to James until paramedics arrived on the scene. At his autopsy, a forensic pathologist determined two gunshot wounds caused James' death. James was also found to have been intoxicated with 1500 mg/ml of methamphetamine at the time of his death.

User Tag List