Page 22 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I know of departments where "Well, nobody got hurt!" has been used to paper over gross negligence with firearms. I have to wonder if something similar was at play here.
    I am not a lawyer but it seems like this guy could easily sue the officer's Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    +1 for patrol rifles.

Can't imagine most cops taking that 7-10 yard shot with a handgun. Trivial with an AR.

Anyone figure out what the other officer was doing crouched down behind the white car?

Was he using iron sights?
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 01-30-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    Anyone figure out what the other officer was doing crouched down behind the white car?
    Distracting the dirtbag?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The king line: "Oh, shit! Fuck!" In the linked article he says that recent range training caused him to accidentally let one go.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    These are my local guys. Great job! I ll try to get details on sights.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Cincinnati, OH - Dude goes for an airsoft pistol while surrounded by officers. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5a_1455821569

Cayce, SC - Officers attempt arrest, dude pulls gun, shoots officer... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ce0_1455604007
    Last edited by Shellback; 02-18-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post

Skip the first 20 seconds of the video. The DA's office concluded that officer Patrick Feaster negligently discharged his weapon, but decided not to charge the officer with criminal negligence because the DA did not believe he had sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. The officer acknowledged that he had been trained not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intention to fire and stated he never intended to fire. Given: (1) the officer acknowledged his training not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intent to fire, (2) he never intended to fire; and (3) he put his finger on the trigger, I think the DA probably had all the evidence he needed to prosecute. I'm not saying the DA should have prosecuted, I just don't buy his explanation for why he didn't prosecute. More information here.
    Update on this shooting. The victim ended up dying and the officer, who was fired, has been charged with manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    liveleak video link -> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=066_1445960413

Second video, right after the above video ends, shows life-saving efforts -> http://www.wyff4.com/news/2nd-dashca...-teen/36072754
    Officer who shot Zach Hammond may face federal charges, motion says.
    On Thursday, Tiller's attorney filed a motion Thursday asking that his video deposition in connection to a lawsuit filed by Hammond’s parents, which is scheduled for next Wednesday, be postponed for 90 days.

The motion says: “Due to the open and active criminal investigation, requiring Mr. Tiller’s participation in his deposition for this matter will force him to confront the troubling prospect of either waiving his Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, or repeatedly invoking this privilege to the detriment of his interest in the instant litigation …

“Mr. Tiller faces the prospect of profound criminal exposure as a result of the ongoing criminal investigation. As a result, the active investigation profoundly and detrimentally impacts Mr. Tiller’s ability to participate in his upcoming deposition …

“The likelihood of a forthcoming indictment is more than mere speculation, as the federal investigation remains active with criminal investigative activity having occurred within the last 10 days.”
    Judge denied postponement.
    If he testifies in a deposition, he would have to plead the Fifth Amendment repeatedly to avoid incriminating himself in the criminal case, which would be detrimental to his chances to defend himself in the civil case, his attorneys argued.

User Tag List