Page 179 of 374 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Apparently City of London SFOs. She said that the last few shootings have actually been City of London, not the Met.

Everything indicates that they arrived to find the bystanders restraining the subject, which is where the video picks up.

Very decisive action to end the IED threat, no hesitation.
    Thank you.

London Bridge is their patch so it makes sense.

I've been following it on the BBC but as ever, it's too early to know what's being reported is accurate.

Any info on the attacker?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Thank you.

London Bridge is their patch so it makes sense.

I've been following it on the BBC but as ever, it's too early to know what's being reported is accurate.

Any info on the attacker?
    Nah, not that I have.

I was surprised that it was SFOs. Maybe City of London police is different, but I was under the impression that SFOs are their equivalent to a SWAT team, whereas Armed Response Vehicles are usually staffed by AFOs. She said that City of London only uses AFOs for pre-assigned details/duties, so any armed response coming from City of London are almost assuredly SFOs.

Maybe I have a completely wrong understanding of their structure, or maybe that's City of London's way of splitting the difference between AFOs and CSTFO, since they're a small department (by UK standards) and don't have CTSFO.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Deescalation techniques in real life, and why they're shit:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Good grief.

(several minutes later after processing that train wreck.....)

She's dang lucky she didn't go out of there in a body bag.
    Last edited by lwt16; 12-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Good grief.

(several minutes later after processing that train wreck.....)

She's dang lucky she didn't go out of there in a body bag.
    Your right, but I am talking about Mom. Also the officer. I think a tactical retreat/regroup was in order here. Trooper told me once he checked on 6 shit heads on side of the interstate. They threatened, MF’d him and told him to leave or it was his ass. He simply smiled, said your right, and did a tactical retreat. He then called in six of his trooper pals and went back to have a different conversation. Most went to jail with no issues. This officer should have realized she wasn’t in control and wasn’t getting it without help.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    Your right, but I am talking about Mom. Also the officer. I think a tactical retreat/regroup was in order here. Trooper told me once he checked on 6 shit heads on side of the interstate. They threatened, MF’d him and told him to leave or it was his ass. He simply smiled, said your right, and did a tactical retreat. He then called in six of his trooper pals and went back to have a different conversation. Most went to jail with no issues. This officer should have realized she wasn’t in control and wasn’t getting it without help.
    The mom survived but remains hospitalized following multiple surgeries. Deputy, who just finished basic in February, got a concussion and is on administrative leave pending investigation; Sheriff says no policy violation.

A tactical retreat might have won the day without this mess; a tazer might've, too. The deputy appeared lacking in either the disposition or the training (or both) for this (not uncommon) situation. It was pretty bad, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Kudos to the second deputy to arrive, who cleaned it up fast and had the presence of mind to talk her through her shock, secure the scene and make the arrest.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Wow, that was a cluster.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Off Duty CHP comes to the aid of a victim of a cell phone theft on Black Friday, gets beaten unconscious by mob of high school aged boys:

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 12-04-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Off Duty CHP comes to the aid of a victim of a cell phone theft on Black Friday, gets beaten unconscious by mob of high school aged boys...
    A reminder to avoid packs unless there's no recourse...

Off-duty officer was good to want to help the robbery victim, but with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, he should've steered her away from the group and toward security and then surreptitiously taken pics while waiting for the cavalry.
    Last edited by Wingate's Hairbrush; 12-04-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wow, that was a cluster.
    Definitely a cluster, but I found the back-up officer’s throat-kick to the bad guy to be very satisfying.

User Tag List