Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: train travel while armed?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I read the stuff of Amtrak's page prior to starting this thread. The reason I started it is because I found that the process of actually flying while armed had some pitfalls not covered in the actual flying while armed training. When our training guy contacted the feds about an updated lesson plan, we were told, "Our records show that you received the lesson plan in 2014."

So, anyone with firsthand experience in traveling on Amtrak while armed as an LEO (this is the LEO section)?
    Sorry if the info I provided was a waste of your time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So, anyone with firsthand experience in traveling on Amtrak while armed as an LEO (this is the LEO section)?
    I missed that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry if the info I provided was a waste of your time.
    Not a waste of time, but it is from the link I posted above your post.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Amtrack regularly gets conductors and passengers assaulted.....yet, do not want armed off duty/retired officers on their trains. They are on the "reap what you sow" list.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Amtrack regularly gets conductors and passengers assaulted.....yet, do not want armed off duty/retired officers on their trains. They are on the "reap what you sow" list.
    I have reason to make a trip out west, and as I was researching flights and car rentals, etc, I noticed that an Amtrak line runs from from the airport to my actual destination. I checked the prices, and train travel from the airport to my destination and back is going to be roughly $50 total. Otherwise, I am looking at five days of car rental fees.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I have reason to make a trip out west, and as I was researching flights and car rentals, etc, I noticed that an Amtrak line runs from from the airport to my actual destination. I checked the prices, and train travel from the airport to my destination and back is going to be roughly $50 total. Otherwise, I am looking at five days of car rental fees.
    I had planned to use them for a trip several years ago that we thought would be kind of a fun way to do it. When I called Amtrack, I was treated like I had the plague and was sternly told that they do not recognize LEOSA and did not even allow firearms in baggage. They moved to my list of "Not fricking Ever".
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nothing to offer on Amtrak, but...

I value the safety, privacy, and convenience of rental cars in such circumstances. Tip: I rent cars pretty regularly, most often via the "name your own price" on priceline. It's rare I pay more than $10-25 a day using some tips and hacks. It can be so cheap that I'll rent the vehicle I need rather than use my own POV or GOV for certain in-state and regional trips.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Nothing to offer on Amtrak, but...

I value the safety, privacy, and convenience of rental cars in such circumstances. Tip: I rent cars pretty regularly, most often via the "name your own price" on priceline. It's rare I pay more than $10-25 a day using some tips and hacks. It can be so cheap that I'll rent the vehicle I need rather than use my own POV or GOV for certain in-state and regional trips.
    I have rented a car exactly once in my life, and that was on a westward trip last year. I made the reservation on line, and then I got hit with a "franchise fee" or something along those lines that I wasn't expecting that significantly increased the price of the rental.

Site Supporter
    So, I may have missed it, but do they actually screen passengers and baggage??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    So, I may have missed it, but do they actually screen passengers and baggage??
    Passengers no.

Some baggage may get randomly checked if you have a VIPR team deployed.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List