Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK LEM Hammer Reset Issue

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Probably want to verify they left H&K as LEM's to determine whether the problem originated on their end or was a end-user install error.
    They are factory V1’s. Thanks for your information! I appreciate the help.

Yes, it's probably the leaf spring. We had a new P2000 that had the leaf spring installed incorrectly from the factory so it's certainly posable it came from the factory that way. It could also be broken but that should have been obvious when the factory looked at it. If it's installed incorrectly it would have to be disassembled to notice the problem.

Another possibility is the trigger bar detent is sticking or the spring is broken. If you take off your slide and push down on the trigger bar it should spring back up smoothly.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I made up a short video of different trigger issues one can have on a P2000 LEM.
    The first pistol is working properly.

Pistol number two has the flat spring removed. You will notice the hammer follows the slide and doesn't stay back like it should.

Pistol number three has the trigger bar detent removed. The hammer stays back but the sear will not trip allowing the hammer to fall.

Pistol number four has the right finger, of the leaf spring, broken off. The hammer stays back and will not fall when the trigger is pulled and stays back when the trigger is released. You will also notice it's intermittent.

The last pistol has the left side, of the leaf spring, finger broken off. Notice the pistol appears to be working properly then on the fourth try the hammer follows the slide. Before videoing this I had to try it about ten times before it failed.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List