Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with some market research for holsters

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I have no interest in a paddle holster. I'd be interested in what "a removable belt slide attachment" might be.
    Is this something like they use on the typical kydex competition holsters, like the Blade-Tech belt holster, Comp-Tac International, Garrett Silent Thunder, etc.?

I'd be interested in a P30 and/or P30SK that's convertible as described. Use would be concealment under a jacket. I have no use for suppressor sights but it doesn't hurt.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I have no interest in a paddle holster. I'd be interested in what "a removable belt slide attachment" might be.

Paddles seem like they'd either be in the LE or competition realms. I'm not sure brown is a popular color with either, though I suppose that could mean there is an opening for somebody to make them popular.

PS - 1911 & S&W 686
    The holster has no "built in" attachment system, but ships with belt slide attached. You can remove two screws and lift it off a stud, then attach a paddle in it's place.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The holster has no "built in" attachment system, but ships with belt slide attached. You can remove two screws and lift it off a stud, then attach a paddle in it's place.
    It does sound like the way Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac, etc. mount their holsters. Thanks for the clarification.

USP 45 or I can't even hear you bro.

Type: Beretta 92

Use: range, I only carry IWB or AIWB

#3: tall sights, sure, the rest no. Would like for it to accommodate the railed 92's though, cause I have several with rail

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Type: Beretta 92

Use: range, I only carry IWB or AIWB

#3: tall sights, sure, the rest no. Would like for it to accommodate the railed 92's though, cause I have several with rail
    They will all accept a railed pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    They will all accept a railed pistol.
    Cool. I'll definitely give them a look when they become available.

At $100, you're competing with lots of semi-custom and true custom makers. As much as function counts for, at that level the aesthetics of the holster start to become important; after all, there are plenty of $50 holsters that work perfectly well. Beyond that, we start to pay for quality and appearance.

Truthfully, I'd need to see examples to see if it could compete with a Milt Sparks, for instance.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by DT Guy View Post
    At $100, you're competing with lots of semi-custom and true custom makers. As much as function counts for, at that level the aesthetics of the holster start to become important; after all, there are plenty of $50 holsters that work perfectly well. Beyond that, we start to pay for quality and appearance.

Truthfully, I'd need to see examples to see if it could compete with a Milt Sparks, for instance.

Larry
    True, but that's not really the point of this. The point is what guns people who are interested in $100-ish leather are carrying, so we know what models to stock. I'm not trying to sell holsters sight unseen or even judge who wants to order this. Just, if you in the demographic of people who would consider spending $100 on a leather holster, what gun do you want it for and do you value the features listed.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 01-12-2018 at 07:27 PM.

User Tag List