Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My right bias. ???

My right bias. ???

Two targets from last range day. Notice the right bias. I don't know of anything that I changed as far as grip, sight picture or alignment. I'll be going back to the range today or tomorrow so I'll see if it continues. If it does I'll be officially stumped.

You'll notice one says "no glasses" may be a little weird so here's a little explanation. I wear glasses at all times. Because I think it's a real possibility to lose them early in a self defense encounter I try to incorporate shooting without them when I go to the range.

Thoughts?

Last edited by SC_Dave; 01-10-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Sun angle shouldn’t matter at 7 yards. I would check the position of the rear sight in the dovetail to see if it shifted. Next I would focus on how much trigger finger you were using, and try more or less to see what that does. I am assuming you are right handed?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you’re left handed, grip harder with your support hand.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

For me favoring the right hits almost invariably means my right / strong hand placement is biased towards the side panel rather than backstrap. There is a long explanation thatI don't have the time for right now but I have confirmed it for myself on 4 different pistols.

Line the sights up and pull the trigger back without moving the gun bro
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I failed to mention some useful info.

I'm right handed.
    Indoor Range
    G-19.3

SCD

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I failed to mention some useful info.

I'm right handed.
    Indoor Range
    G-19.3

SCD
    What GJM said then. Sounds like index, trigger finger placement, or sight zeroing.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I’ve had some weirdness with sight pictures in poor light. For example it is easier for me to accept a slightly low front sight because the rear notch is blurry. I could easily imagine a windage bias in low light with no glasses. When the rear sight is very blurry, small differences in light direction can be tricky when trying to center the front sight. I played with a strip of white tape over the notch to provide a hard reference. Maybe try something like that for left-right?

Trigger discipline and grip issues are more likely though.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Take the time out of equation and compare results.

What is for certain is the gun is aimed to the right when you break the shot. You either move it there due to grip/trigger control or it starts aimed there from the onset.

Try it at 15-20 yards and see where the rounds are.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve had some weirdness with sight pictures in poor light. For example it is easier for me to accept a slightly low front sight because the rear notch is blurry. I could easily imagine a windage bias in low light with no glasses. When the rear sight is very blurry, small differences in light direction can be tricky when trying to center the front sight. I played with a strip of white tape over the notch to provide a hard reference. Maybe try something like that for left-right?

Trigger discipline and grip issues are more likely though.
    I’ve also seen lighting effects magnified on indoor ranges. Much more indoors than outside at typical indoor distances. I also find I need a former grip on Glocks than metal guns like the P226 and B92.

One thing about grip and gen 3 19s is finger groove spacing. I wear XL gloves and the top groove rides on my finger. Because of this, my grip will actually steer the gun. This results in some pretty inconsistent POI for me. 3rd and even 4th gen 19s are impossible for me to use without grip surgery. This is very individualist, but something to consider and evaluate.
    Last edited by LSP552; 01-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.

User Tag List