Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Results of instilling a Trigger Job in a Bag from Langdon Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    D spring comes on this one M9 that some guy designed. Comes with super thin grips and stuff. Cant remember who that was, lol.

-Cory

Oh yeah, that guy ;-)
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

my old 92F:

with Beretta D spring: 4.5 SA, 8.25 DA

with Wilson 12# spring: 4.0 SA, 7.25 DA

an easy $6 experiment.

Installed the kit with 12lb hammer spring in my new production G-SD. Prior to the kit I had a elite hammer and D spring =9lb3oz DA and 4lb2oz SA with a little stacking at the end of the DA.

After kit the DA was a little under 7lbs with no stacking and the SA was 3.5lbs.

Super happy with results.

Installed one of the kits I bought into an older Centurion that I picked up last year. It’s set up basically identical to my Wilson CenTac. I went with the 13# hammer spring as that’s the lightest I like to go on a gun I will *probably* carry at some point. Straightforward install aaaaaand it blew me away. My CenTac has the Action Tune and the comparison between it and the Trigger Job In A Bag isn’t even close. My CenTac has several noticeable hitches in the DA stroke whereas my LTT trigger Centurion is buttery smooth through the entire pull.

Hoping to make it to the range today to verify ignition but based on dry fire...I won’t be buying anymore Wilson guns with the Action Tune.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    My friend just purchased a M9A3 for uniformed patrol duty (and is having a bear of a time finding holsters, if anyone has advice there on a solid Level 2 or Level 3 option).

Will this kit work in the M9A3? I told him about it and he was interested.
    It fits a newer safariland size 73 holster without a light (the std Beretta Model 92 holster) in a 6280. The M9 A3 or 92 A1 both fit a Safariland size 7321 with a tlr 1 or tlr 2 attached

However, a 92a1 wont fit the 6280-73 since its rail is a smidge bigger than the m9a3
    Last edited by car541; 01-27-2018 at 11:00 AM.

So I received 2 LTT trigger in a bag this week, one went in a plain jane FS PX4 and the other in new WC Cent Tac.

I already have 2 PX4 CC Mod4s, 1 "standard" PX4 CC, and the plain jane stock PX4 which already had a 12lb WC HS. The stock trigger was not very nice compared to the Mod4 or even the standard CC. The DA pull was very gritty with multiple bumps along the way, also stacked moderately. The SA pull was also gritty and indistinct. The trigger kit for LTT made the FS PX4 nearly indistinguishable from the Mod 4s! Was really that good. DA pull was smooth as a baby's butt with no stacking, SA clean and crisp. Pull weights felt about 1 lb down from the stock PX4 CC, and light years better from the stock PX4.

Echoing MSparks, the LTT kit for the 92 I put in to the Cent Tac bettered the WC action tuned trigger in my Brig Tact. Super smooth and about 1/2 lb in trigger pull with same weight HS in both. Part swap in the 92 was really straight forward and easy, and I had never taking down the frame of a 92 before.

Overall, it is quite a testament to Ernest that he has been able to produce "kits" that replicate the trigger jobs down when he or WC had the complete guns!

Another TJIB advantage

So since installing LTT TJIBs in 3 of our 92s, I have been shooting 92s w/ TJIBs exclusively for a while and had forgotten what a stock, but DIY smoothed, trigger feels like. I bought an m9A1 Sunday and immediately moved the TJIB from my 92G to the M9A1. Put the OE but DIY smoothed parts back in the 92G. So after I have both guns back together I grab my trigger weight gauge to check them. M9A1 is SA=3.5#, DA=6.5# and 92G is SA=4.0# and DA is 7.5#. But here is the kicker. The DA in the 92g has a ton of after travel. Trigger moves maybe 1/8 inch after the hammer is released. So I pull the trigger, hammer releases, and trigger slams rearward into the frame. This is all normal for 92s, but I didn't realize how terrible it makes the DA pull feel until now. All that stuff about the Wilson bar giving more hammer travel to help w/ light strikes is true, but wow, to me this is much more important advantage. W/ the TJIB, the hammer release point is nearly identical in SA and DA. Maybe .030 to .040 inch difference.

I installed a TJIAB in my 92A1 a few days ago. I already had a #13 spring from LTT in the 92A1. I also requested a #13 with the TJIAB. I noted on the install that the #13 spring included with the TJIAB is several coils shorter than the other #13 I put in. Surprised, I expected a #13 to be a #13.... Is this expected?

Has anyone compared a TJIAB with the optional Wilson Combat hammer to one with the Beretta hammer? I'm trying to decide on which option to purchase and my only point of reference is my training partner's LTT Elite that he ordered with the trigger job compared to my LTT Elite without a trigger job. His trigger is better than mine but I'd like to know what, if anything, the WC hammer changes. @LangdonTactical
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 10-09-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Has anyone compared a TJIAB with the optional Wilson Combat hammer to one with the Beretta hammer? I'm trying to decide on which option to purchase and my only point of reference is my training partner's LTT Elite that he ordered with the trigger job compared to my LTT Elite without a trigger job. His trigger is better than mine but I'd like to know what, if anything, the WC hammer changes. @LangdonTactical

So really the only difference is you are going to have a little less "pre-travel" in the trigger in single action and a bit more mass in the hammer, which should give you a little more firing pin energy with the same hammer spring, regardless of which weight you choose.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List