Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Results of instilling a Trigger Job in a Bag from Langdon Tactical

Results of instilling a Trigger Job in a Bag from Langdon Tactical

Trigger job in a bag for a Beretta 92.

I ordered a kit for my 92A1 from Langdon Tactical. The kit got to me fast... so they are on top of customer service.
    I ordered the 12# hammer spring kit as that is what Ernest had put in a few Custom 92’s that he built for me. The kit came with the Wilson trigger bar, sear, hammer strut, elite hammer, hammer spring, trigger return spring and sear spring. Looking at the trigger bar and sear I was amazed at how smooth the stone work was on them it almost a mirror finish and super smooth, also the hammer return spring and the hammer strut were polished on the areas that needed it.
    A quick search on Youtube found a few videos from Langdon Tactical on how to install the kit.
    I'm a mechanic by nature but had never taken a 92 down as far as required for the install of this kit. No worries though, Ernest does a great job on explaining how to disassemble the gun and how to put the kit in. I then disassembled the gun and installed the kit per the video. As I got it together I found the DA pull would not let the hammer drop, Ernest talks about this in the video so I followed his instructions and got the trigger bar to work by stoning down the trigger bar.

I took the trigger weights on the gun in its stock condition and after the Trigger job in a bag.
    Stock it was about 14-16# DA. I say about as my trigger pull gauge only goes to 10#. The SA was 5-5-6# Both the DA and SA was gritty and stagey... The result off the Trigger job in a bag was a super smooth DA at 6# and a very crisp 3.5# SA. Color me SHOCKED…
    As some of you know I had Ernest build me a few custom 92 A1’s that I used to win a Turbo Pin from Gabe White and Top gun at the Rangemaster instructor reunion class. I feel that the Trigger job in a bag gave me about 90% of the custom guns.

I took the 92A1 with me to the EDP class held at the wonderful BDC Gun Room in Shawnee OK and taught by Tom Givens, Craig Douglas and Willam Aprill, I help the guys by being a role player in the Evos that Craig runs. During the breaks I let Craig, several students and the owner of BDC shoot the 92 and they were amazed by it. The owner has a 92 done by Wilson and he took some trigger weight readings and found the Trigger job in a bag to be better than his Wilson tuned 92.. that speaks volumes to me.

So if you are thinking of trying the Beretta 92 or PX 4 I would Highly recommend getting a
    Trigger job in a bag from Langdon Tactical.

langdontactical.com

Spencer Keepers
    Lead trainer for ADT
    Founder of Keepers Concealment.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

interesting.

i have an old 92F that i have put a D spring in, and it's now about 8.5DA, 4.5SA. have a 12# spring on the way (the remainder of the fire control group is still stock), and will see what that does to things next. stay tuned.

Nice write up.
    Is there a chart someplace that would give an indication of what the other spring choices do in terms DA and SA pull weights?
    I set my 92G up with the Beretta 92/96 series Steel Trigger, Spring Trigger and D Hammer Spring kit a while ago and like it a lot, but smoother is always better. I wouldn't want to mess with the pull weights too much though as I consider it a possible carry gun.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I would HOLD on the PX4 trigger job in a bag. I posted about it in the thread mentioning them, but as this is a review, my TJIAB was received on Friday Jan. 5, when I arrived home around 11pm. On Saturday, I tried installing it all day, only to figure out something at the end of the night that I had asked earlier in that thread. (letting excitement to install overtake thinking ahead). The trigger bar he is using currently, is the trigger bar for the .45 which will not fit in the nine of forty.
    Give him a bit to get this figured out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    interesting.

i have an old 92F that i have put a D spring in, and it's now about 8.5DA, 4.5SA. have a 12# spring on the way (the remainder of the fire control group is still stock), and will see what that does to things next. stay tuned.

The D spring sounds like it truly improves the trigger pull. Is it substantially better than what the gun ships with?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The D spring sounds like it truly improves the trigger pull. Is it substantially better than what the gun ships with?
    way, way better than stock.

it's about $6, easy to do, easily reversed, a factory part (so it's already passed internal testing as being reliable).

my old 92F with just the D spring gives my Brig-Tac a close run for trigger feel/weight (the Brig-Tac also has the D spring when it ships from Wilson).

if you are unsure about the full trigger job, try the D spring first and see how it works and feels. if still unhappy, you can go down that road later.

as i noted, i have a 12# spring on order (D is 16#, stock is 20#), and i'm going to swap that in and see how it feels and then take it to the range and see if it works reliably. have some Fed 147 and some PMC 115 to try out.

as noted elsewhere, if this is a carry gun, stop at the D spring. if a competition gun (targets don't shoot back), try something lighter and see how it goes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    way, way better than stock.

it's about $6, easy to do, easily reversed, a factory part (so it's already passed internal testing as being reliable).

my old 92F with just the D spring gives my Brig-Tac a close run for trigger feel/weight (the Brig-Tac also has the D spring when it ships from Wilson).

if you are unsure about the full trigger job, try the D spring first and see how it works and feels. if still unhappy, you can go down that road later.

as i noted, i have a 12# spring on order (D is 16#, stock is 20#), and i'm going to swap that in and see how it feels and then take it to the range and see if it works reliably. have some Fed 147 and some PMC 115 to try out.

as noted elsewhere, if this is a carry gun, stop at the D spring. if a competition gun (targets don't shoot back), try something lighter and see how it goes.
    Cool thanks. Pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I can't keep it all straight.

I am debating between picking up a PX4 or a 92. I like the 92 because I can pretty much get all the support gear I have for my Glocks for the 92. Especially ALS holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Cool thanks. Pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I can't keep it all straight.

I am debating between picking up a PX4 or a 92. I like the 92 because I can pretty much get all the support gear I have for my Glocks for the 92. Especially ALS holsters.
    i have examples of both. old 92F, Brig-Tac, new Cent-Tac, full size Px4, compact Px4. i like them all. hard to go wrong either way you go. i have holsters for all as well. both completion and daily carry. Px4 full size is just a tad shorter than the Cent-Tac, and about 6 oz lighter. from my experience, Beretta supports them both very well.

get both?!

Vending Machine Operator
    My friend just purchased a M9A3 for uniformed patrol duty (and is having a bear of a time finding holsters, if anyone has advice there on a solid Level 2 or Level 3 option).

Will this kit work in the M9A3? I told him about it and he was interested.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Holsters for Berettas are hard to find. The A3 is the same as an M9A1 or a Vertec, might make the search a little better.

User Tag List