Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training with a heavier trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As long as the heavy DA doesn’t injure your finger, like the stock DA in a USP 45 did to me.
    No kidding? So now we have to take care with USPs and Captains of Crush? Finger recovered fully, I hope.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

For a couple of years I've shot my practice/dry fire gun with 13# main spring while my match had 11#. Worked great.
    Last edited by cheby; 01-09-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    In attempting to master the stock DA trigger pull on a 92, I became a better Glock shooter by indescribably large margins.

I've been wondering lately: If it reduce the trigger pull of my CZ 85b - right now the DA pull is about 5 lbs. - will it improve my accuracy?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As long as the heavy DA doesn’t injure your finger, like the stock DA in a USP 45 did to me.
    That sucks man.

So far so good in terms of injury and new extended dry practice sessions. I’ve done a lot of dry fire with my practice gun in the past and haven’t injured my SH but I am doubling and trippling my daily practice, so we shall see. I do feel it quite noticeably in my WH when training WHO, but the Theraband has kept most of the major pain away.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List