Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Streamlight TLR-7

I wouldn't be worried about a USB port, with the amount of devices I carry I've never had a port get plugged or fucked up through daily use, but wish companies would catch on, ditch micro and move to USB-C.

Although I'd be very happy to see a totally sealed light with Qi wireless charging.

FWIW, even though Streamlight does not specify this, my PolyTac (which lists two CR123A batteries as the only power choice) runs just fine on a single 16650 Li-ion battery (4.2 volts fully charged).

I'm anxiously awaiting reports on the switching. In my opinion, the TLR-1 has the best switching on the market for a right handed pistol shooter (maybe not so much for lefties). I'm a little disappointed they went away from it on this light. I'm not a fan of the multi-mode switching off of the same switch (i.e. how long your press it determines constant or momentary)...hopefully this doesn't follow suit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I’m guessing the switch is like the XC1-B... quick tap for constant; hold, then release for momentary.

Kind of up in the air on it. I still use the TLR-3 on my Glock 30S, with holsters setup for it. To switch, I really have to like the fit on the 30SF frame and controls. I do like the Lumens.

Screwball, do you have a laser on your 30S?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Screwball, do you have a laser on your 30S?
    Nope, the TLR-3 is just the light. TLR-4 is the compact light with the laser.

I’m really not a fan of rail mounted lights with a laser. I have a TLR-6, and leave the light/laser mode as default... but I really don’t use the laser.

New Streamlight TLR-7

https://youtu.be/HvOR77nSPAQ

Price is a little high than expected for Streamlight, but I’m buying one.

Info also up on Streamlight’s website.
    Last edited by Screwball; 01-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.

They did great with this new light 500 lm, plus strobe as an option and still runs cr123's, all in the footprint of the APLc color me impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    https://youtu.be/HvOR77nSPAQ

Price is a little high than expected for Streamlight, but I’m buying one.

Info also up on Streamlight’s website.
    Where are you seeing the price? (can't find it on website)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    In the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Said it in the review... around 12:30.

MSRP is $215, figured street would be around $199.

I was looking at a XC1-B, so saving some coin compared to that. I picked up my TLR-3 for like $80 (still on my 30S), and recently got another TLR-1 HL (800 Lumen, mostly dedicated for my TAC-14) for $106 via Amazon. I prefer the smaller footprint, but we are almost doubling the price from the larger model. Not Surefire pricing, but definitely not common with Streamlight... however, should note it is also waterproof, for those who want that.

User Tag List