Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Streamlight TLR-7

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    This is all well and good, but I really wish Streamlight would come out with a better grip activated switch for their TLR lights, more like the Surefire DG switches.

Last I checked, the available TLR grip switch is terrible due to its grip altering bulk and over-sensitivity to unintentional light activation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I tried to click "like" but it didn't work.

A grip-activated switch with minimal alteration of the grip would be a real plus. Adding other things to the grip on a 9mm Glock does not work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    "Wait for me, I need to go unplug my pistol from the computer."

2018 sayings that would make an '80s gun nut triple up on the tin foil.
    How about hands free? Wi-Fi capability? "Alexa! Activate my TLR7! ALEXA!!"

Moments later..."Alexa...dial 911."

500 lumens is great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Nice.

Now they need to make one USB charging.
    I'd settle for a decent rechargeable, but USB charging would work. I've become really spoiled by my rechargeable lights and not having to spend the coin on lithium 123s.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I'd settle for a decent rechargeable, but USB charging would work.
    A USB port is just one more place for water and dirt to get in. IMO, the preferred way would be to give the light a wider range of input voltage (say up to 4.2 volts for a single CR123 cell device) to be able to use a Li-ion rechargeable battery. This would also give the option of either using a primary CR123 cell or the Li-ion.

I can’t say this light does much for me. Likely an expensive battery that isn’t as widely available as 123s, and it’s so short it won’t act as a stand-off device. I’ll be passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    A USB port is just one more place for water and dirt to get in. IMO, the preferred way would be to give the light a wider range of input voltage (say up to 4.2 volts for a single CR123 cell device) to be able to use a Li-ion rechargeable battery. This would also give the option of either using a primary CR123 cell or the Li-ion.
    That would be handy. I think the USB port could be done without much issue, but I'd take rechargable cells in a heartbeat however I could get them. Still a little miffed that the dual fuel 1L-1AA won't take 14500 cells (they'll physically fit, but Streamlight said the voltage is a no-go for the circuitry), maybe in the future after they 18650 all the lights they can 14500 some smaller lights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    A USB port is just one more place for water and dirt to get in.
    FWIW, I use bicycle lights that support USB charging (mini-USB port on the light). If the little rubber cover can keep water, dirt, and mud out while mountain biking at night, I'm sure this won't be a problem for a gun light.

Chris

Site Supporter

New Streamlight TLR-7

If it uses CR2 batteries, the Titanium Innovations brand is available from Battery Junction for about $1/cell. While I would not use these in multi-cell lights, I do use them in single cell lights, including the Foursevens MLR2 lights currently on my and my wife’s keychains. This battery size should not stop anyone from buying this light if they would otherwise want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 01-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    FWIW, I use bicycle lights that support USB charging (mini-USB port on the light). If the little rubber cover can keep water, dirt, and mud out while mountain biking at night, I'm sure this won't be a problem for a gun light.

Chris
    Concur.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't have a Px4CC, but I'm over here casually wondering if this would fit on it. Seems like it would be the first light with decent output that would.

-Cory

User Tag List