Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Streamlight TLR-7

I tried the TLR 7 with my P2000 the other week with the universal key and it fit.

No chance for TLR-3 keys to work...

Way too much material on the bottom of the TLR-3 keys. The older design has the cross screw completely inside the key... while the new one just goes over it. There are also two tabs in the new keys, opposed to a solid sled of polymer compared to the old ones.

TLR-7 with its key (UNIV-1, which I use with my Glock 30S.

TLR-7 with a TLR-3 key (believe it was the B key... C is in my TLR-3).

And a shot from the rear of both lights with their keys in. Can see how much higher the rails are in relation to the key/cross screw on the TLR-3.

I don’t think you could even modify a key to work. Probably would be a better route to talk to the guy who printed the other HK keys for the TLR-7/8, and see if he can help you get something. Even going from scratch is probably more effective that trying to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    No chance for TLR-3 keys to work...

Way too much material on the bottom of the TLR-3 keys. The older design has the cross screw completely inside the key... while the new one just goes over it. There are also two tabs in the new keys, opposed to a solid sled of polymer compared to the old ones.

TLR-7 with its key (UNIV-1, which I use with my Glock 30S.

TLR-7 with a TLR-3 key (believe it was the B key... C is in my TLR-3).

And a shot from the rear of both lights with their keys in. Can see how much higher the rails are in relation to the key/cross screw on the TLR-3.

I don’t think you could even modify a key to work. Probably would be a better route to talk to the guy who printed the other HK keys for the TLR-7/8, and see if he can help you get something. Even going from scratch is probably more effective that trying to make it work.
    Thank you. That was significantly more information and to the point than my dealings with Streamlight. I'm in contact with Matt (H&K Custom Key thread) at this time. Hope to have a resolution. I have the light mounted on my S&W M&P40 M2.0 Compact at this time. I have some difficulty reaching the switch with my support hand. Need to work with it a bit more. Like the size, weight and output. Seems well made too.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn615 View Post
    I tried the TLR 7 with my P2000 the other week with the universal key and it fit.
    Any way for a pic? I am curious if one will work with the p2ksk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be able to grab a pic tonight

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing but here's what Pit and I worked out for his configuration.

As long as the rear face of the picatinny-spec rail slot is greater than 0.605" from the trigger guard, I can design a key to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    I hope he doesn't mind me sharing but here's what Pit and I worked out for his configuration.

As long as the rear face of the picatinny-spec rail slot is greater than 0.605" from the trigger guard, I can design a key to work.
    No problem Matt. I was going to post this anyway.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post

https://s33.postimg.cc/6amclz39r/Adams_Key.1000.jpg

Question... any way I could purchase a copy of any new key designs you come up with? I’m planning on sticking with the TLR-7 from here on out, and rather get all available keys for it. Never know what new pistol I get hooked on. [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Question... any way I could purchase a copy of any new key designs you come up with? I’m planning on sticking with the TLR-7 from here on out, and rather get all available keys for it. Never know what new pistol I get hooked on. [emoji6]
    Sure. No problem. I’ll shoot you a PM tomorrow.

Here is the TLR-7 on the P2000

Name:  IMG_0816.jpg
Views: 3457
Size:  37.1 KB

User Tag List