Page 93 of 232 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Again, no doubt Sig is churning out constant updates to these guns as they come back from the field with issues - it is, frankly, almost magically small based on its capacity, so I'm guessing that every little piece of it has to be "just right" to avoid tolerance stacking leading to reliability issues. It just seems to me to be indicative of a pistol that was rushed to production (gasp) and not ready for prime time yet (double gasp - from SIG? Say it ain't so...)
    You know, Kev, I tend to agree with you... that's why I waited until Nov '18 to buy one. (Remember, it was introduced in January of '18.) It just seems to me that a pistol (mine!) vetted with more than 1200 rounds of assorted factory ammunition should not $hit the bed at this point with an entirely new problem.
    It's never a waste of time (or ammo?) to get a pistol sorted out, but here I go again... Frankly, my GLOCK 42/43/43X haven't caused me similar concern- just saying.

I finally got to shoot one that belongs to a friend and I was fairly impressed. 5 rds at the 3,5,7,10, 15 & 25 yard line .... 30 rds total.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

What’s the deal with the XLs? I’m interested in one but haven’t followed much. Are they good to go, or typical Sig BS?

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

My Shootin' Partner took her P365 to the range today, so I tagged along. Nothing really to note; she shot well. 50 rounds of Federal AE 115, zero issues.

I got a few rounds in at the end. Accurate little gun. This is eight rounds at five yards with a cover the dot hold (what I prefer/shoot with my Glock).

I really like it a lot; she does too. it is literally perfect for her hand size, but just a mite too small for me.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-08-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Still loving my P365, but over the last thousand rounds I've noticed the trigger develop a much more pronounced wall. After cleaning and closer inspection I notice a new gouge on the striker/sear face:

Name:  20190918_175640-1-1.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  39.2 KB

What created that gouge? I wouldn't think it would change the feel of the break (shouldn't that just be the rear/tip?) but I have no other explanation. Striker has ~12,500 rounds + ~10,000 dry fires...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-19-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Still loving my P365, but over the last thousand rounds I've noticed the trigger develop a much more pronounced wall. After cleaning and closer inspection I notice a new gouge on the striker/sear face:

Name:  20190918_175640-1-1.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  39.2 KB

What created that gouge? I wouldn't think it would change the feel of the break (shouldn't that just be the rear/tip?) but I have no other explanation. Striker has ~12,500 rounds + ~10,000 dry fires...
    The parts life on all tiny/micro 9mm pistols is generally much shorter than larger 9mm pistols......even subcompacts. When we were using the classic DA/SA Sigs we usually replaced the firing pin after 5k rounds as firing and dry firing wore away the retaining shelf and reduced the safety of the design. The Sig P365 armorers course recommends replacement of the P365 recoil spring after 3 years or 5k rounds, but given the short action I would recommend every 3k rounds. The striker is a part that is subject to high stress, and should be replaced at the same time in my opinion or every 5k rounds at the latest. Also, dry firing without a proper snap cap can cause enough parts wear be in the range of 25% the wear of a round fired. In other words, if you fire 100 rounds and dry fire another 100 times without a snap cap, the level of wear on the parts involved wound be a total of 125rds fired. So if you dry fire 12,000 times without a snap cap, then the striker has the equivalent of 3000rds of ammo through it. A proper snap can dramatically reduces the wear on the pistol.

The striker is not an eternal part(especially on a micro pistol), and with as many rounds and dry fires that you have on it should be replaced soon along with any other parts that have high wear. Parts are cheap.
    Last edited by Galbraith; 09-19-2019 at 10:15 AM.

I grabbed a Sharpie, and tried to see if that surface makes contact. I dry fired it a dozen times, and also racked the slide a dozen times. The only Sharpie missing is on the corner of the sear.
    Name:  9B9DFF9B-7E87-4ABC-91F5-34F16729C545.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  38.4 KB
    Name:  FE454255-9267-4DE7-BCB2-729DE3F1D2AA.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  43.9 KB

At the range today, I ran into a buddy who works for Sig Electro Optics. They were testing the p365 with their new Romeo 0 optic, and since they all had sore hands from shooting 50,000 rounds they asked me to help. I shot maybe 300 rounds of 124+P, and was quite impressed with this setup. The gun I used already had 5000+ rounds though it with no cleaning.

The gun shot well, and was surprisingly easy to shoot even with the full-power LE ammo. I had two FTF malfunctions, but it's hard to make any conclusions about reliability given how dirty the gun was. I did note that the primer strikes were nice and round. The Sig folks told me that the lockup issue was resolved.

The optic was impressive. It is the same width as the slide, and is all-polymer. Evidently they are making it entirely in-house in the Sig EO Oregon facility using robots.

I totally don't need another gun, and have no plans to buy a p365. But I was very impressed. With the Romeo 0, I think Sig may have a real winner for someone looking for a subcompact CCW with a RDS.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-19-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    At the range today, I ran into a buddy who works for Sig Electro Optics. They were testing the p365 with their new Romeo 0 optic, and since they all had sore hands from shooting 50,000 rounds they asked me to help. I shot maybe 300 rounds of 124+P, and was quite impressed with this setup. The gun I used already had 5000+ rounds though it with no cleaning.

The gun shot well, and was surprisingly easy to shoot even with the full-power LE ammo. I had two FTF malfunctions, but it's hard to make any conclusions about reliability given how dirty the gun was. I did note that the primer strikes were nice and round. The Sig folks told me that the lockup issue was resolved.

The optic was impressive. It is the same width as the slide, and is all-polymer. Evidently they are making it entirely in-house in the Sig EO Oregon facility using robots.

I totally don't need another gun, and have no plans to buy a p365. But I was very impressed. With the Romeo 0, I think Sig make have a real winner for someone looking for a subcompact CCW with a RDS.
    That optic retails for $160 — hope it works out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That optic retails for $160 — hope it works out.
    I won't post the details we discussed because I don't think it's public information. What I can say is that I came away feeling like Sig EO has some of the same entrepreneurial innovation feel of the companies I worked with on DoD contracts. The Sig EO folks are smart, engaged, and seem to have the resources to do real R&D and serious testing. The in-house manufacturing was a surprise, and I think that's awesome.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-19-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List