Page 90 of 232 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    At 25 yards I started with sight picture 3 based on other posts in this thread. I could not hit a thing. When I switched to sight picture 2, my hits were where they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At 25 yards I started with sight picture 3 based on other posts in this thread. I could not hit a thing. When I switched to sight picture 2, my hits were where they should be.

I will give it a try. I figured being 2-3" low at 7 yards would make me even lower at 25 and lower still if I dropped the sight to obtain #2.

I found 124 and 147 were very close in poi.

Several similar to this posted recently.

posted August 02, 2019 12:44 PM

Just a quick update.
    Got my 365 back from Sig in 8 days. I was shocked.
    Paperwork says slide and extractor replaced.
    Hope to get it out this weekend to run a few boxes thru it to function check.
    Impressed with the turnaround time
    Last edited by JBP55; 08-09-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Are you using sight picture #3?

Just another data point...

I have 2 p365s and with 115 lawman they hit with sight picture #1 at 25 yards.

The P365 has sent my J frames to the safe.

Name:  B30E2962-60C8-447A-8443-66535CA6CB78.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  29.8 KB

Sight pic #1 (6 o’clock hold) freestyle offhand 25 yards.

Blazer brass 124 grain.

Accurate little pistol.

Regards.

Man, I gotta say I want this pistol to work for me- I really do... It now has in excess of 1100 rounds downrange. The handful of malfunctions I experienced in the first 1000 rounds can legitimately (generously?) be traced to old/underpowered ammo and user error. But still disheartening.

Today, in sunny 88+ degree weather on the range I loaded up the pistol with 30 rounds of Remington UMC 115FMJ (which runs like a champ in my M17 and G43X). The gun was clean and lubed after the last time I ran it. In the first magazine I got one FT Extract. Fired case in the chamber and next round trying to feed. A second malfunction was with the second magazine- another FT Extract on the last round in the magazine, this time with the slide locked open on the empty magazine and the fired case in the chamber. Another 30 rounds were unremarkable (20 rounds of the Rem FMJ and 10 rounds of Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP. At home I field stripped the pistol and it was clean and free of any debris or obstructions in the area of the extractor.

Add to this that it was hot outside and the pistol (with Talon grips) by the last 20 or so rounds was squirming in my medium sized hands like a fish out of water. I really want to trust this pistol for my carry rotation, I really do...

Take a flashlight and get a close look at the walls of your chamber and let me know if the black nitron finish is burning/melting off in splotches.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Man, I gotta say I want this pistol to work for me- I really do... It now has in excess of 1100 rounds downrange. The handful of malfunctions I experienced in the first 1000 rounds can legitimately (generously?) be traced to old/underpowered ammo and user error. But still disheartening.

Today, in sunny 88+ degree weather on the range I loaded up the pistol with 30 rounds of Remington UMC 115FMJ (which runs like a champ in my M17 and G43X). The gun was clean and lubed after the last time I ran it. In the first magazine I got one FT Extract. Fired case in the chamber and next round trying to feed. A second malfunction was with the second magazine- another FT Extract on the last round in the magazine, this time with the slide locked open on the empty magazine and the fired case in the chamber. Another 30 rounds were unremarkable (20 rounds of the Rem FMJ and 10 rounds of Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP. At home I field stripped the pistol and it was clean and free of any debris or obstructions in the area of the extractor.

Add to this that it was hot outside and the pistol (with Talon grips) by the last 20 or so rounds was squirming in my medium sized hands like a fish out of water. I really want to trust this pistol for my carry rotation, I really do...
    I would contact Sig and have them send you a label for a trip back, as something isn’t right with your sample.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List