Page 72 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Shawn Ryan’s P365 Extended Review

https://youtu.be/iYPabWpRJ-8
    Spoiler: Shawn intends to carry his.
    Last edited by FrankB; 05-23-2019 at 05:27 PM.

I like mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    We have 3 P365’s in our house, and I’ve never seen a pistol subject to so much scrutiny and testing.
    Let me preface this with it's late, too much bourbon so pardon me if my sarcasm detector is broken, (probably reason enough to not be posting but F$@! it).

Cool, sample of three. Second part, not so sure you've looked that hard because there has been plenty of scrutiny over other pistols. The G43 didn't have the greatest reputation at first, there were a fair share of 42's that didn't run either. Let's not forget the ejection issues with full sized Glocks mainly Gen4 guns, (great thread by LL on how to unF@#$ them). How about accuracy issues with S&W M&P's. Safety issues with P320's. I could go on but I won't. Seriously all mfg's can make mistakes but it is how they handle them that will cause additional scrutiny and Sig has earned it. Every time I've seen something jacked up if a member found something of interest here they typically post about it and it gets discussed, often times in technical detail due to the quality of membership here. I've never seen a mfg be given any quarter here and rightfully so, especially when there is a pattern of being less than upfront about a problem or when they drag their feet to fix the issue.

All that being said it is probably due to the amount of shooting that goes on here by most members of this board. Many members here actually vet their weapons, ammo and gear, I would even go so far as to say definitely more so than most members of any other board I've been a part of. With that in mind it is no wonder issues are discovered and observations made. Nothing personal just individual data points that add up over time.

@Mike C Yup, that’s all true. There’s a Glock Gen 5 thread on this board now, and the issue is the coating flaking off parts of the trigger bar. Glock didn’t have a “recall”, but they’re reported to fix it if you send it in. Sig did the same thing with the P365. I don’t own Glocks, but I’ve seen a zillion complaints about Gen 5 pistols in general, and just as much praise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @Mike C Yup, that’s all true. There’s a Glock Gen 5 thread on this board now, and the issue is the coating flaking off parts of the trigger bar. Glock didn’t have a “recall”, but they’re reported to fix it if you send it in. Sig did the same thing with the P365. I don’t own Glocks, but I’ve seen a zillion complaints about Gen 5 pistols in general, and just as much praise.
    The two main complaints about the Gen 5 are people who don’t like the cut out at the front of the grip, which is going away, and the trigger pull going from nice to crunchy / bad but the gun continuing to work due to flaking finish on the trigger bar.

A bit different than the P365 striker issues deadlining the gun.

I caved and I bought one tonight. Comparing them to a S&W 638, a Shield 1.0, and a G26.4, im still in awe of how small it is in comparison especially with its capacity. That being said, I plan to put it through the wringer with at least 2000 rounds. That being said, if it passes the 2000 round mark, I suppose at the time ill think about whether ill carry a BUG with it or not.

Welp, time to hock the G26.4. I hardly knew ye, let alone shot it.
    Last edited by coN; 05-24-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I caved and I bought one tonight. Comparing them to a S&W 638, a Shield 1.0, and a G26.4, im still in awe of how small it is in comparison especially with its capacity. That being said, I plan to put it through the wringer with at least 2000 rounds. That being said, if it passes the 2000 round mark, I suppose at the time ill think about whether ill carry a BUG with it or not.

Welp, time to hock the G26.4. I hardly knew ye, let alone shot it.
    Cool beans. Good luck and post back how it goes.

I would be extremely interested to see a P365 go through a 2,000 round p-f challenge test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 05-24-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The two main complaints about the Gen 5 are people who don’t like the cut out at the front of the grip, which is going away, and the trigger pull going from nice to crunchy / bad but the gun continuing to work due to flaking finish on the trigger bar.

This exactly gun being inop due to broken firing pin is scary s@#$, especially when there are no indicators prior to breakage. Having said that does anyone know if the aftermarket striker assembly for the P365 is a solid solution? I know someone posted about it.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-24-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    This exactly gun being inop due to broken firing pin is scary s@#$, especially when there are no indicators prior to breakage. Having said that does anyone know if the aftermarket striker assembly for the P365 is a solid solution? I know someone posted about it.
    That is precisely why I would carry a mouse BUG with it. To me, yeah, it could pass the 2000 rounds and be reliable before i carry it, but theres no real way to tell if the firing pin will stay that way beyond 2000+ plus. If anything, id probably wait for reports of high round counts of 2019 models before I carry it post 2000 rounds. The one I bought has a birth date of April 5th, 2019. (Anyone know if thats a 3rd/4th gen?) The gentleman at the shop who sold it to me even said "I got you the one with the latest manufacturing date since they had initial teething problems". He was privy to the whole situation so that says something IMO.
    Last edited by coN; 05-24-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Just remember it was ~50 broken strikers out of 300,000 sold - all but 2 of those from guns made prior to June 2018. And the 2 post June 2018 breakages were noticed within 500 rounds (and they broke in weird places like the sear or the middle of the shaft -- not the tip like the March-April 2018 breaks).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I would be extremely interested to see a P365 go through a 2,000 round p-f challenge test.
    VAspence put his through the 2,000 round challenge with no issues: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post794743

Mine had 4 failure to extract stoppages (at rounds ~1300, 1600, 1750, & 1900) using all $0.14/rd federal aluminum cased ammo, but I bet it would pass with cleaner burning brass cased ammo. My slide ended up being replaced (for free under warranty) due to breech face pitting around the primer pockets, which may well have been caused by that aluminum ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Relatively few people have the lightning strike striker - maybe a couple hundred - with at least 1 person having light primer strikes with it. I know LSI made their own revision after a few months, so maybe there were more issues?

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    That is precisely why I would carry a mouse BUG with it. To me, yeah, it could pass the 2000 rounds and be reliable before i carry it, but theres no real way to tell if the firing pin will stay that way beyond 2000+ plus. If anything, id probably wait for reports of high round counts of 2019 models before I carry it post 2000 rounds. The one I bought has a birth date of April 5th, 2019. (Anyone know if thats a 3rd/4th gen?) The gentleman at the shop who sold it to me even said "I got you the one with the latest manufacturing date since they had initial teething problems". He was privy to the whole situation so that says something IMO.
    I know there were a couple guys who had early model strikers break after 1,000 rounds, but I know of none after 2,000. My May 2018 striker is approaching 10,000 rounds and I know another guy who is at 15,000.

Aside from a few dim night sights or blemished finishes, the only real issues people are occasionally reporting with 2019 P365s are feed/battery issues especially with some 147 grain ammo. The number of complaints are small compared to units sold, but there are still some guns that need to be sent back to NH to function correctly.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 05-24-2019 at 09:49 AM.

User Tag List