Page 70 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I put another 250 or so rounds through mine today, roughly. The pistol continues to be surprisingly easy to shoot accurately, as evidenced by an easy-peasy 300 on our qual. I can NOT shoot it fast with the same control as I can my Gen5 G26, but it makes the G26 look and feel positively phat (and heavy, and large). I had three issues wherein my strong hand thumb placement caused the slide to lock open with rounds in the magazine (not a great thing), and one instance where my thumb placement caused me to keep the slide from locking open on an empty mag. Reloading those tiny little mags is also fairly sporting.

All in all, I consider it a very competent little pistol, and a fair sight better FOR ME than a G43 (based on shootability and capacity). It's a HUGE step up from my LCR, and makes me wonder why I need a lightweight round gun at all (except to have one, of course). I don't own and don't foresee owning a G43X or G48, so I can't make that comparison. But I firmly consider the P365 a BACKUP or off duty gun, while I'm completely comfortable carrying a G26 as a primary (better control/shootability, ease of reloading from real magazines).
    Psalms - Roughly how many rounds do you have through the P365 at this point? Would you say you have the same confidence in the Sig you have in the Glock?

Mulling over a P365 for pocket carry. I usually have my LCR in a Desantis Nemesis. And if I can shoot a P365, and have confidence in it...well, I guess 10+1 of 9mm HST beats 5 rounds of .38 special LSWC...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Psalms - Roughly how many rounds do you have through the P365 at this point? Would you say you have the same confidence in the Sig you have in the Glock?

Mulling over a P365 for pocket carry. I usually have my LCR in a Desantis Nemesis. And if I can shoot a P365, and have confidence in it...well, I guess 10+1 of 9mm HST beats 5 rounds of .38 special LSWC...
    RJ - I'm in the middle of a move, so I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the P365 anymore. I'm probably between 500-1000 rounds total - including rounds fired by friends who wanted to try the little gun out.

I absolutely DO NOT have the same confidence in the P365 as I would in, say, a G43 or G42. I couldn't agree more about the capability and shootability of the P365 vs the LCR, less recoil, better trigger, better sights, more than twice the initial capacity, and the ability to actually reload under pressure all make that a no brainer for me. HOWEVER, I don't pocket carry, and don't really think the P365 is a "pocket" pistol - a little too large and definitely too heavy for that role, IMHO (especially when fully loaded). As a small, thin IWB pistol, it's really in a class by itself on paper - I just don't know if the reliability and longevity are there...

Rich,

I probably don't have any more rounds through my P365 than Psalms. I do pocket carry it some, but can't say that it works as well as I'd like (draw is inconsistent, i.e., sometimes snagging on pocket material, depending upon which pants I'm wearing). IWB draws are pretty consistent, and as Psalms said, the P365 is about as concealable as any small gun out there.

My P365 has worked fine, the trigger (about 5 lbs) is very smooth, the sights OK (I'm not a big fan of the wide front sight). I'm happy enough with it that I'm going to put a Shield RMS-W on it (yes, the waterproof version, and Shield says delivery in about three weeks, as soon as they catch up on back orders). It'll definitely not be pocketable then, but with my eyes, red dots are just so much better than irons.

I'd say you ought to try one with a pocket holster. I've been using the Pocket Aholster. The holster itself is fine; again the issue is the pocket size/material and whether the pistol itself clears without snagging. I'd try both a soft and hard kydex holster. The former is perhaps less noticeable; the latter generally faster to draw from.

I've tried a PM9, Shield, 642 and probably a few others I can't recall. So far, given the size, capacity and the flawless functioning (of mine at least), I'm sticking with the P365. The pocket carry part - - - that's pretty much an individual decision.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Someone on YouTube predicted this gun was inevitable! I think it makes the P365 something other than the original design: small, lightweight, and capable of carrying a decent number of rounds. The pistol is already accurate and easy to shoot in its current configuration. OTOH, the Glock 43X/48 just found a soulmate...lol!

Man, great reaction to the Glock 48. Been fun to track the value propositions...

Glock 43: Smallest 9mm Glock.
    Sig P365: Smaller than a Glock 43, but holds 10 rounds.
    Glock 43x/48: Larger than a P365, but holds 10 rounds and is much more shootable.
    Sig P365XL: Just as shootable as the Glock 43x/48, but holds 12-15 rounds.

Mother of god....I'm already planning on picking a p365 up as soon as the manual safety model releases. Double that for an XL if they do a safety version of it too.

Site Supporter
    I’m considering trying the safety model but unless there is an increase in durability I don’t see a need for the XL.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I’m considering trying the safety model but unless there is an increase in durability I don’t see a need for the XL.
    Full handed grip that doesn't obstruct magazine changes is worth it to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Full handed grip that doesn't obstruct magazine changes is worth it to me.
    I hadn’t read the press release and assumed it was just a longer slide. At that point why not just carry P320 with a 3.9” top end and small compact or sub compact frame? At least that will address the durability issues.
    Last edited by sharps54; 05-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.

User Tag List