Page 7 of 232 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You might make the trade, but the mass market would punish it. As already stated, you can make the gun longer with extended mags, you can't make it shorter. For the pocket carry crowd, 2/3" can be a big deal. Even on PF, you occasionally get the spreadsheet buyer who's comparing every dimension (particularly weight) to the third decimal place.

These guns aren't designed for, or marketed for, fast reloads. If you ever watch the untrained reload, they aren't pinching their palms because they don't load like we do, they hold the magazine by the base plate and try to thread it in the mag well or they turn the gun nearly upside down and gravity feed it somehow.
    Fair enough - and true about the average owners.

Which is why I dress around my P2K, P-07 and Glock 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you ever watch the untrained reload, they aren't pinching their palms because they don't load like we do, they hold the magazine by the base plate and try to thread it in the mag well or they turn the gun nearly upside down and gravity feed it somehow.
    When I conduct the range portion of my CCW classes I'm often in awe of how poorly the average gun owner administratively handles their firearm.
    Swapping the gun back and forth between hands to reload (or to do just about anything) is very common, same with the "gravity feed" method described above (I actually snorted when I read that, because it's so true).
    The majority of them have to not only look at the gun to find the mag release, they have to actively hunt for the mag release and attempt to manipulate it multiple ways before successfully ejecting the mag.
    Let's not even talk about trying to work safeties, slide releases or decockers...
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-09-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I ca’t believe no one else thought of using 365 in the naming of their everyday carry pistol, seems kinda obvious now that it’s out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I ca’t believe no one else thought of using 365 in the naming of their everyday carry pistol, seems kinda obvious now that it’s out there.

Taurus did a 24/7.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Is this gonna require a longer holster so it won't roll over? @orionz06
    Last edited by UNK; 01-09-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

There is no way I would be an early adopter of any defensive weapon. This is all the more important with anything SIG.

Just looking at the photos of the P365, I see finger grooves, that will, probably, not fit me.

I do not hate SIG. I used an old-school P220 for duty and personal carry, 1991-1993. I used P229 pistols, for duty and carry, 2004-2015, and only stopped because .40 Snap & Whip was crunching my aging wrist bones*, and my chief authorized 9mm as an alternative duty cartridge. I may buy an stainless-steel-frame 9mm P226 later this year. (Weight damps recoil.)

*Big-bore Magnums, fired in the Eighties, probably did most of the actual damage I have been feeling in the Twenty-Teens.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-09-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Is this gonna require a longer holster so it won't roll over? @orionz06
    I have no doubts that it will as they're the same as the 43 and Shield in coarse overall size and length.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I'm not jumping on you or trying to use you as an example at all. But do you accept that answer? That it was the lube? Have you ever heard that in your entire life? Maybe a gun wasn't lubed. But what gun oil/grease doesn't run a gun in 2018? Something had to be wrong with the fitment or the springs. Or maybe they were needing 124 NATO spec and were using weak ass 115.
    Yes I absolutely believe the wrong/not enough lube in way below freezing temperatures in a new gun that's not broken in could be a major factor in the malfunctions. It may, as you said, have also been exacerbated with weak ammo, they didn't specify the ammo. But in either case, the next day with proper lube and from what I gather, a warmer environment, the gun functioned flawlessly. I've seen plenty of reports of some oils and greases not working so well in very cold temperatures (it seems that's a common complaint I've seen about frog lube). That kind of temperature doesn't happen where I live, but I have personally seen guns get very sluggish when not sufficiently lubed. Believe me I'm not one to any longer give Sig the benefit of the doubt, but I saw nothing unbelievable in that report.

Hammertime
    I want to hate this because Sig, but have to admit it is a pretty innovative design to get 10 rounds in that footprint without G26 chunkiness. I would like to see more information on the magazines.

Predict they will sell like mad, but not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    10 rounds in that footprint without G26 chunkiness.
    Glocks aversion to steel magazines is why they'll always have more girth than the competition.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List