Page 69 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I made a video that might help get rounds in the Sig P365 magazines. The trick is to push down the back of the round already loaded, the next round goes in easy/easier. https://youtu.be/sgxoR8Wso_U

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Maybe. The 4th round is also where it goes from single stack to double stack:

Attachment 37615
    The force goes from being mostly downward, to a large part horizontal, which means you have to put a lot more direct downward force to get the vertical component to be sufficient to push downward. Once it gets past that point, does it get a little better, or stay difficult?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

It gets easier for the 5th round. You do also tend to have a problem more often if pushing down on the bullet/nose rather than the casing/base.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-28-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Doing serious G26 practice today reminded me how much easier my buddy’s 365 is to shoot well. I really need to get one soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Doing serious G26 practice today reminded me how much easier my buddy’s 365 is to shoot well. I really need to get one soon.
    I’m waiting on the version with manual safety but I fear I’ll also succumb to the 365...

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I’m waiting on the version with manual safety but I fear I’ll also succumb to the 365...
    Just give in..lol! To be honest, my first handguns were DA/SA, revolvers, and 1911’s. The idea of a striker fired pistol was a bit odd to me, but I simply keep it holstered. The P365 is my daily carry now, and I leave it in its holster. The same goes for my two other striker fired M&P pistols. The P365’s trigger measures about 5/8” before it breaks, making it about equal in length and weight as the Ruger LCP 2. I certainly wouldn’t advise someone who wants a manual safety, not to get such a pistol. 😎
    P.S. I used to own several striker fired pistols without a safety, and sold all but two. The P365 doesn’t worry me in the least, as long as I practice good holster/handling, and abide my the rules for all firearms.
    Last edited by FrankB; 04-30-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Just give in..lol! To be honest, my first handguns were DA/SA, revolvers, and 1911’s. The idea of a striker fired pistol was a bit odd to me, but I simply keep it holstered. The P365 is my daily carry now, and I leave it in its holster. The same goes for my two other striker fired M&P pistols. The P365’s trigger measures about 5/8” before it breaks, making it about equal in length and weight as the Ruger LCP 2. I certainly wouldn’t advise someone who wants a manual safety, not to get such a pistol. 😎
    P.S. I used to own several striker fired pistols without a safety, and sold all but two. The P365 doesn’t worry me in the least, as long as I practice good holster/handling, and abide my the rules for all firearms.
    No thanks, I’ll wait. I’ve got SCDs on all my Glocks and just picked up a Sig M17 but I won’t carry a single action (hammer or striker) without a safety or SCD. Taking off my holster to reholster a hot pistol doesn’t work at the range or in training classes. Multiple reps of reholstering a loaded pistol (especially at the end of the day when you are tired) is a prime time for an accident and I prefer the extra piece of mind in case I overlook an obstruction when I “look” the pistol into the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    That would be the one for me as well if the safety is implemented well. I'll be waiting a while though. I'm still concerned it'll lull me into a sense of security with a thousand flawless rounds and shit the bed on 1002. Any pistol can fail, of course, and even those with an amazing track record. I have more concern over the 365 than I've had over any pistol in the past decade or so. I reckon I'll need to see a slew of them make it to high round counts without some kind of breakage.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I put another 250 or so rounds through mine today, roughly. The pistol continues to be surprisingly easy to shoot accurately, as evidenced by an easy-peasy 300 on our qual. I can NOT shoot it fast with the same control as I can my Gen5 G26, but it makes the G26 look and feel positively phat (and heavy, and large). I had three issues wherein my strong hand thumb placement caused the slide to lock open with rounds in the magazine (not a great thing), and one instance where my thumb placement caused me to keep the slide from locking open on an empty mag. Reloading those tiny little mags is also fairly sporting.

All in all, I consider it a very competent little pistol, and a fair sight better FOR ME than a G43 (based on shootability and capacity). It's a HUGE step up from my LCR, and makes me wonder why I need a lightweight round gun at all (except to have one, of course). I don't own and don't foresee owning a G43X or G48, so I can't make that comparison. But I firmly consider the P365 a BACKUP or off duty gun, while I'm completely comfortable carrying a G26 as a primary (better control/shootability, ease of reloading from real magazines).

(edit: this was mostly in response to critter)

At some point the extra scrutiny becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Look closely at any new product that shipped 300,000 units in its first year, and you'll almost certainly find at least 300 catestrophic failures. And in this day and age, 200+ of them will posted be on the internet. Without reminding yourself of the denominator, that every other day failure frequency can trigger all sorts of biases.

Tesla was a victim of this and they shipped less than 40,000 units in the first 2 years of the model S. Imagine how you'd have felt about that brand if you saw 15 times as many news stories about autopilot crashes or battery fires! But the car would be just as safe...

A year later, there still are guns that fail, just much less often. Here is a broken striker from a February 2019 gun - the 3rd failure (I know of) since June:

Name:  Striker-1.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  26.4 KB
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 05-01-2019 at 08:35 PM.

User Tag List