Page 67 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

New Sig P365 born 01/31/2019

I just picked up a fresh P365, and stripped it down. After seeing a zillion bunched up striker springs, I was surprised to see that mine was nearly straight, and much shorter than older springs that I’ve seen. Supposedly, the shorter springs are performing better in terms of light primer strikes, but you have to send it back to Sig for the upgrade. The trigger is mushy, but fine. It pulls an average of 6lbs on my Lyman digital gauge.
    https://youtu.be/acyMKpeyHm4

Congrats & welcome to the noisy cricket club!

Yeah, Sig has been making rolling changes to the P365 all along - even today. The super bunched-up striker springs were from the earliest guns.

March 2018:
    Name:  striker-1.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  38.3 KB

My May 2018 striker spring isn't as bunched, but might be a little more bunched than yours:
    Name:  20190409_215216.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  26.9 KB

One of the things Sig is experimenting with now is the shape of the feed ramp (taper is the newer design, but some people are having feed issues with it and 147 hst)

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-19-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Nice review from Paul Harrell (though no mention of the early teething issues & internet drama):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDAMXTRB-Zw

Years ago i owned 11 or 12 Kahrs over a period of time and gave up on them....would consider one again before a 365.

Sorry....not sure what the love is for 2 rounds over proven designs?

My boss just got one of these on Tuesday. The magazine with the extension will only take 3 rounds. Taking it apart and cleaning it didn’t help. The other magazine had to be taken apart and cleaned before it could be loaded also. 10 rounds could go in after cleaning, but every other round nosed down and wouldn’t feed even after cleaning.

Mags went back to SIG.

The overall quality and feel just wasn’t there either IMO. I can’t see replacing my LCR or VP9SK with one of these.
    Last edited by KPD; 04-20-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    My boss just got one of these on Tuesday. The magazine with the extension will only take 3 rounds. Taking it apart and cleaning it didn’t help. The other magazine had to be taken apart and cleaned before it could be loaded also. 10 rounds could go in after cleaning, but every other round nosed down and wouldn’t feed even after cleaning.

Mags went back to SIG.

The overall quality and feel just wasn’t there either IMO. I can’t see replacing my LCR or VP9SK with one of these.
    It really is luck of the draw. It's a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post

Mags went back to SIG.

One of my factory 10 round mags had an issue of the follower catching on the magazine catch cut out when I loaded it by hand. It didn't happen but a few times and doesn't happen when I use an Uplula. It is catching on the bottom of the follower so I am going to bevel the bottom of the follower a touch to alleviate it. The other factory mag and extra Sig 10 round mag have no issues.

Of the 10 p365 mags I have, 3 were pretty stiff loading the 4th round initially. They were all pretty tough to load the last round when new, especially the 12 rounders (which also required a little extra effort to seat with a closed slide). But they all got much better after a couple weeks of use.

The uplula does make life much easier.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-21-2019 at 02:24 PM.

I don’t have any problem loading the two mags included with my P365. I do push down on the back of each round while loading, but I also do that with other pistol brands. I have two more in the mail.
    Last edited by FrankB; 04-23-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Embarrassingly, that chamber finish "wear" turned out to be run of the mill leading. Sig was kind enough to clean it right up. Not sure how lead gets in the chamber when using FMJ ammo (especially when the rifling looked pristine), but I may need to use solvent & brass brush when I detail clean rather than repeating my typical CLP patches.

The simple answer is that a small amount of lead is vaporized off the base of the round (most FMJ rounds have an exposed base, unless plated or TMJ types). This vaporized lead can re-condense onto the chamber walls during the firing cycle. The same could happen on the chamber leade and barrel rifling, but would presumably be mechanically removed by the projectiles themselves.

You'll also see some metallic lead deposits from the lead styphnate primer combustion products.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 04-23-2019 at 01:13 PM.

User Tag List