Page 60 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I agree with not feeling the need to add Talon grips to my 365.

I bought one of the IOS guns at the beginning of the month. The born on date was mid October.

I haven’t gotten around to commenting on the gun online because there’s not much to comment about that would raise much interest on the Internet. The gun works. I have larger hands with long fingers, and I can shoot the gun better than I thought I would. The design allows me to get more of my hand on the gun, and lock the gun into my grip well. Better than I could on my Glock 43 or any of my gen 1 Shields. The grip texture on the 365 is about right. Not too slick like a Glock 43 and not too much like on the M&P 2.0’s.

This gun will not replace my off-duty pistol (Glock 19.5). But it has become my new BUG at work, as well as my summertime I’m On vacation in a low threat environment gun, dressed up wearing a suit gun. Or as many state, a Rule 1 gun.

I took the P365 out today for its first vetting. Weather was cold, windy and cloudy in Westhampton. The gun and magazines were right out of the box, with nothing done prior to shooting other than maybe(?) a handful of dry firing. No disassembly, no cleaning or oiling, just as it was, out of the box. The results were as follows:

Winchester USA white box 115 GR. FMJ- 50 rounds with NO malfunction

Federal American Eagle 115 GR. FMJ- 183 rounds with a slide lock (partially engaged slide stop) on round 59; out of battery malfunction on round 103

Remington 115 GR. JKTD HP R9MM6- 50 rounds with NO malfunction

Remington 124 GR. Metal Case R9MM2- 100 rounds with out of battery malfunction on round 274

Federal 124 GR. Hydra-Shok P9HS1G- 17 rounds with NO malfunction

Winchester 124 GR. T-Series +P RA9124TP- 50 rounds with NO malfunction

Speer 124 GR. GDHP +P 53617- 50 rounds with NO malfunction

500 rounds total.

Impressions?

1- A bit snappier than I thought it was going to be, but NOT as snappy as my G43 that I shot along side it. I found myself RE-adjusting my grip more than I’d like. I think adding the Talon Grips will help me with that...But for what it is, multiple shots and follow-up rounds were more than controllable.

2- Although I was not shooting for accuracy, the gun is very accurate for what it is. I had no problem putting rounds into our standard Q target from 15 and 25 yards.

3- The magazines are a bugger to load, especially when the hands are cold, but my GLOCK 19 magazine loader doohickey worked great!

4- The magazines (3) show no sign of being impacted by the spring as others have reported.

5- Primer swipe is more prevalent than on my G43, although it appears to vary from different ammo. Something that will be closely monitored.

6- I’m very happy with the results, and after shooting the P365 side by side with my G43, I’m impressed with what Sig has come up with. This may very well replace my G43 in the long run.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

If I had 3 malfunctions on a new pistol in 500 rounds it would be for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    If I had 3 malfunctions on a new pistol in 500 rounds it would be for sale.
    For sale? Or diagnosed, fixed/repaired etc?
    Sure I would have preferred zero malfunctions in the first 500. But taking into consideration everything mechanical requires some sort of break-in period, the pistol WAS NOT cleaned or lubed prior to testing and the malfunctions that I experienced were minor, with range, not service, ammo (and immediately cleared with TRB) in a brand new pistol that is being vetted, I’m pretty encouraged. 3 out of 500 is less than 1%.
    Let’s see what the next 500 rounds brings...
    Last edited by Det1397; 01-06-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'd clean and lube it before I shot it again. The goop that comes on them is preservative, not lubricant. Lack of lube on a new gun could explain the out-of-battery issues with low-powered ammo, and bumping the slide stop with your thumb could have caused the unplanned slide lock - I had that issue with my Walther P99C. The duty ammo had enough oomph to function well inspite of the apparent lack of lube.

All of my carry guns have had zero malfunctions in thousands of rounds each. Glocks (43, 19x2, 17, 26) , Sig p320c x2, and CZ P-07 x2.

3 malfunctions in 500 rounds isn't encouraging... and I don't like the look of those primers. It reminds me of all those M&P early unlocking issues.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I would get rid of it simply for the striker drag alone.

Even after you get it running reliably, the next shot could be the moment when the striker gives way from being abused. Maybe it goes 10,000 rounds, maybe it goes 5 rounds. No way of telling.

Not a great prospect for a carry weapon.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Student
    CarryTrainer's Mickey Schuch brought a 365 to Gabe White's class some time ago.

https://youtu.be/RCgX2MsoKi8

I'm hearing that even with the newer production 365s, some people are reporting their striker breaking after 1k-3k rounds.

When will the voluntary upgrade be available?
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List