Page 55 of 232 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    @UNK

I really like the Ken Null ankle holsters, though I haven’t seen or used one for the 365. I do have them for the 642 and G42. I’m thinking, for me, it would be a bit heavy when fully loaded.
    Thats the one. I couldnt remember the name or find the paperwork for the one u recommended and I bought. I finally got a chance to wear it yesterday to a wedding. Worked out very well except my gait was really screwed up at first. And it didn't fall out on the dance floor so thats a plus.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Made it to the range today. Another 250 rounds of 115 fmj Fed brass with no hiccups. Total round count 1466 no issues.

Shot 260 rounds today, total is 1726 rounds without a hiccup. I shot the pistol at 25 yards today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised with a 6.5" (I dropped one, opening up from 5") group for 10 rounds at an indoor range using Federal 115 fmj from Walmart.

What’s the consensus now? Are the p365 g2g now or are they still have issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    What’s the consensus now? Are the p365 g2g now or are they still have issues?

It appears that most of the bugs may be worked out, at least for now. Mine has been sent back twice, first time the replaced the firing pin (it wasn’t broken), but they replaced anyway. Second time they replaced the trigger bar spring and made adjustments to the trigger bar itself, so far 600 rounds without any issue. Around 2700 total rounds. Prior to the second trip, I could not make it more than 300 rounds without some malfunction, so far zero since 2nd return.

The vast majority of the issues tended to be a dead trigger, which is what I experience both times until the last time sent in. I suspect the bigger issue was the trigger spring causing this as a problem and not the firing pin breaking. It appears that was a “bad batch” as sig indicated. I think many people figured with a dead trigger, their firing pin was the problem. Sig was replacing all firing pins during the summer regardless of what the problem was, mine is a good example of that, not complaining but it tells me they weren’t really sure of all the issues going on. They replaced mine the first time but as I mentioned, it wasn’t broke so I suspect the trigger spring was probably the main culprit all along. The randomness of many of the problems point to that and not the firing pin. I haven’t heard of any breaking in quite some time.

I’m asked quite often by people at the range I shoot if they should buy a 365 and my answer is no, I would wait. The main kinks seem to be behind sig but personally I wouldn’t buy one at this point. I do think the probability of having problems is diminishing. Just my 2 cents, which tends not to be what the consensus is.

I want one pretty bad...but I am just going to wait. I think I will have to buy a new one and not go the used route as I hate to get a problem gun.

Besides, eventually the sales and rebates apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    It appears that most of the bugs may be worked out, at least for now. Mine has been sent back twice, first time the replaced the firing pin (it wasn’t broken), but they replaced anyway. Second time they replaced the trigger bar spring and made adjustments to the trigger bar itself, so far 600 rounds without any issue. Around 2700 total rounds. Prior to the second trip, I could not make it more than 300 rounds without some malfunction, so far zero since 2nd return.

The vast majority of the issues tended to be a dead trigger, which is what I experience both times until the last time sent in. I suspect the bigger issue was the trigger spring causing this as a problem and not the firing pin breaking. It appears that was a “bad batch” as sig indicated. I think many people figured with a dead trigger, their firing pin was the problem. Sig was replacing all firing pins during the summer regardless of what the problem was, mine is a good example of that, not complaining but it tells me they weren’t really sure of all the issues going on. They replaced mine the first time but as I mentioned, it wasn’t broke so I suspect the trigger spring was probably the main culprit all along. The randomness of many of the problems point to that and not the firing pin. I haven’t heard of any breaking in quite some time.

I’m asked quite often by people at the range I shoot if they should buy a 365 and my answer is no, I would wait. The main kinks seem to be behind sig but personally I wouldn’t buy one at this point. I do think the probability of having problems is diminishing. Just my 2 cents, which tends not to be what the consensus is.
    Thank you so much! I am sorry you have had so many problems occur with your pistol. I know how frustrating it is and not to have full confidence in the weapon. I am glad to hear Sig is trying to do right by it. I guess I’ll keep the p365 on my radar in the future. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Thank you so much! I am sorry you have had so many problems occur with your pistol. I know how frustrating it is and not to have full confidence in the weapon. I am glad to hear Sig is trying to do right by it. I guess I’ll keep the p365 on my radar in the future. Thanks!

It has been frustrating a bit but looking back, I think if sig would have diagnosed by issue from the beginning I probably would have only had to send back once. That said, I don’t mind having a new firing pin given my purchase date of the gun and that was at the peak of the problems. “IF” it continues to run without issue, (looking for at least 1000 rounds without a malfunction) it really is a unique small option. It is ridiculously easy to carry even with the 12 round mag. Very accurate for it’s size and pretty easy to shoot.

I agree the p365 is a gold mine in the ccw market. If sig would have spent the time to thoroughly test it first it would dominate the market. And I’m sure it will once it establishes a good track record. I understand why companies seem to use the general public as beta testers because most people probably won’t shoot their pistol enough to know if there is a problem so the cost of some return repairs probably end up saving them money in the long run. It just makes me ill though that something as serious as possibly having to use a firearm to save your life is taken with a grain of salt just to boost profit. I’m not implying Sig is the only company to use this practice either. I am glad for a forum like this to get real proven data and people are honest about failures etc with their firearm. I truly hope the sig p365 is on the right track now. Everyone says it’s very accurate for its size and of course can’t beat the capacity to size ratio. Im sure Sig will have my $500-600 soon enough lol

I posted results in the 2000 round challenge after finishing it up today (total 2006). No hiccups what soever and I am very impressed with this little pistol. It shoots anything I'd run through it and is easy to carry. Size wise I think only the LCP pockets smaller. Everything else feels larger with the G42 feeling like it's the same size. One of these days I'll learn to take better pics but here it goes.
    Name:  IMG_0647.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  58.5 KB

You can tuck this pistol anywhere. For those who ride bicycles I put this pistol in it's holster inside a Revelate mag tank and regular gas tank (with 10 round mag). HPG snubby kit bag, no problem and even better with 12 round magazine.
    Name:  IMG_0642.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  72.4 KB

I'm not discounting other folks issues with this pistol, but if the post June 19th pistols run I'm probably in for another.

User Tag List