Page 54 of 232 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I picked one up this week and have 120 rounds through it so far with no issue. I plan to put it through its Paces before carrying it, I'm going to get some cheaper tula as I am interested to see if it will shoot it reliably.

I have to say after shooting it though, this is a very sweet gun. Extremely accurate and easy to shoot for a gun its size.
    Last edited by Rockey; 09-08-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Received mine back from Sig for the 2nd time. As I posted earlier (#534) I was experienceing a random dead trigger. The first trip replaced the firing pin, this time they replaced the trigger bar spring and they also said they made adjustments to the trigger bar (not sure what that means exactly). I have put about 250-300 rounds through it since and so far no problems. However, my history with problems on the gun showed up after a lot of rounds. First time approaching 1000 rounds, this time I was again about another 1000 rounds and began to experience the dead trigger.

Looking back now, I suspect my issue was likely the trigger spring all along. When mine was sent back the first time it was at the peak of the firing pin breaking and I believe they replaced simply because that was the big problem that seemed to be happening and was an “easy solution” to the problem. (Mine never actually broke, just a dead trigger).

If you just do a simple google search for “365 trigger spring issues” there is good thread on sigtalk the illustrates the issues. When the gun works, it certainly is an accurate small gun and conceptually is fantastic but at this point with close to 2500 rounds through it (I now need to replace the recoil spring per sig’s recommendation on this gun at 2000-3000 rounds), I not sure I’ll ever have confidence with it as a carry option.

What sucks is in both cases, I was at high round counts before failures of the gun appeared. I think the vast majority of 365 owners will likely put a couple hundred rounds through their gun and consider it good to go, not realizing they they are potentially carrying around a paperwieght.

2,400 rounds through the LE P365, no problems.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Right now, I have my doubts as to whether these small guns can survive hi round count shooting without eating a lot of parts. Has SIG ever made a public statement regarding how many rounds they tested the design with?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Received mine back from Sig for the 2nd time. As I posted earlier (#534) I was experienceing a random dead trigger. The first trip replaced the firing pin, this time they replaced the trigger bar spring and they also said they made adjustments to the trigger bar (not sure what that means exactly). I have put about 250-300 rounds through it since and so far no problems. However, my history with problems on the gun showed up after a lot of rounds. First time approaching 1000 rounds, this time I was again about another 1000 rounds and began to experience the dead trigger.

Looking back now, I suspect my issue was likely the trigger spring all along. When mine was sent back the first time it was at the peak of the firing pin breaking and I believe they replaced simply because that was the big problem that seemed to be happening and was an “easy solution” to the problem. (Mine never actually broke, just a dead trigger).

If you just do a simple google search for “365 trigger spring issues” there is good thread on sigtalk the illustrates the issues. When the gun works, it certainly is an accurate small gun and conceptually is fantastic but at this point with close to 2500 rounds through it (I now need to replace the recoil spring per sig’s recommendation on this gun at 2000-3000 rounds), I not sure I’ll ever have confidence with it as a carry option.

What sucks is in both cases, I was at high round counts before failures of the gun appeared. I think the vast majority of 365 owners will likely put a couple hundred rounds through their gun and consider it good to go, not realizing they they are potentially carrying around a paperwieght.
    Do you suppose daily dry fire routines would expose a problematic trigger spring?

I just don't know that the little Sig - or its inevitable successors - will ever be as reliable as a Shield or a G43 genre weapon. Designs like the P365 may simply be crowding too many laws of physics. I'd sure like to see 'em work out but I ain't holdin' my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post

I never considered 2,500 rounds a high round count in a pistol regardless of size.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I put about 350 rds through my buddy’s 365 this weekend. I flew back to LA for a LEOSA qualification and to hang and shoot guns with my friend.

Round count now is prob close to 800 or so with no issues other than the 1st 100 round session with WWB. I did have a few failure to lock back in the last round that was completely shooter induced. I have long fingers and wear an XL glove. Strong thumb placement required a bit of adjustment for me, but wasn’t an issue after the first few mags.

I’m amazed at the lack of recoil for such a small pistol. The X-RAY sights worked well for my old-man eyes and the trigger was very shootable. For me, this gun is MUCH more shootable than the G43 I briefly owned.

I will be ordering an IOP 365 in the next week or so.
    Will it ankle carry? And what was the name again of the maker of the ankle carry holster you prefer?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

@UNK

I really like the Ken Null ankle holsters, though I haven’t seen or used one for the 365. I do have them for the 642 and G42. I’m thinking, for me, it would be a bit heavy when fully loaded.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    @UNK

I really like the Ken Null ankle holsters, though I haven’t seen or used one for the 365. I do have them for the 642 and G42. I’m thinking, for me, it would be a bit heavy when fully loaded.
    I am borrowing a 365 from a friend to do an evaluation. I have been running it as a back up in a Ritchie Gun Leather holster for a PM9. Ritchie Gun Leathers makes one specifically for the 365. I think Top Gun Supply keeps inventory of Ritchie products. Also, it carries well on the ankle and is not too heavy.
    Last edited by Crusader8207; 09-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List