Page 51 of 232 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    . Now, he does have some lack of knowledge in certain areas......for instance proper ammo testing.
    Yeah I saw some his ammo testing videos a few months ago and felt the same way.

But wrt the P365, his two guns quit running. Plain and simple.

It's not like ammo testing where you have to use the correct gel, calibrate it correctly, correct temperature, correct distance, etc, etc, etc.

They just simply quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Why's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Do you think he is buying these things and breaking them for fun? To me he had been honest in saying the pistol has a ridiculous amount of potential. Just it has been a piece of shit. He clearly wants it to work. Which a ton of people echo that.
    A lot of his early stuff was questionable. Testing was not relevant, methodology was poor, and conclusions were gun-raggish. He's gotten much better with cleaning up his gun testing such that I want to see what he has to show us. I am so sick of the big name gun tests and comparisons that always declare "you can't go wrong with either gun", or what ever single gun they test is always declared a "winner"(WTF did they win in a one horse race?). Whether you like his testing on not, he has shown that a number of highly regarded guns from the big name manufacturers who dominate gun rags and other PR with the deep pockets can perform poorly when an unknown contender can make a gun that performs better at 1/3 the price. There's a lot more honesty coming from MAC than most other testing outlets. Now, he does have some lack of knowledge in certain areas......for instance proper ammo testing.
    I agree with most of what you said @KhanRad I think his ego is too big, he can't take literally any criticism and like you said he comes to conclusions based on incorrect information or declares something to be true based off of his opinion. Instead of just saying it's his opinion.

He also does this cool thing where he says "This is my new carry gun!!! Because it's awesome" sweet, you do you. Then each year like clock work says there's an issue with it then moves to something else. He can just say, "I want to try something else out." Lots of good guns get shit on because of stuff he says. He's got a lot of followers. Which is fine, I'm not upset with that. But he's a commercial 99% of the time.

The VP9 torture test which a lot of people know I have a lot of issues with. That whole thing was fucked, and unorganized. He does a lot of shit I don't like. He also brags about not cleaning his guns. I think the only thing I can take credit for was talking enough trash to him to lube his guns, which is why he shows it in his torture tests.

But all that aside, I don't think he's a bad dude, and I don't wish him any ill. But a lot of his stuff is either motivated by the people he sold his soul to, or he makes these statements that are no better than gun shop gossip, but people eat it up like it's gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said @KhanRad I think his ego is too big, he can't take literally any criticism and like you said he comes to conclusions based on incorrect information or declares something to be true based off of his opinion. Instead of just saying it's his opinion....But all that aside, I don't think he's a bad dude, and I don't wish him any ill. But a lot of his stuff is either motivated by the people he sold his soul to, or he makes these statements that are no better than gun shop gossip, but people eat it up like it's gospel.
    I take most of what I see from youtube gun guys with a grain of salt...I mostly watch to see characteristics / specs. I'll consider their opinions and points but in the end, I make up my own mind...doesn't raise my blood pressure one bit.
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-26-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I take every MAC vid with a huge grain of salt. Huge grain of salt.
    I think that we have enough data points to completely disregard MAC’s testing and still safely conclude that the P365 has suspect quality control.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I take most of what I see from youtube gun guys with a grain of salt...I mostly watch to see characteristics / specs. I'll consider their opinions and points but in the end, I make up my own mind...doesn't raise my blood pressure one bit.
    ^^^ yep. I glean what I choose discard the rest. I particularly enjoy watching Paul Harrell (channel by the same name).
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I think that we have enough data points to completely disregard MAC’s testing and still safely conclude that the P365 has suspect quality control.
    Once in a while he does some legit stuff, and you can quote me on that. I can't watch them right now, it'll be some time before I'm home and have the internet to watch them. But I'm not going to lie, when I see his name on something, it already comes with a bunch of baggage and intent.

As I may have stated previously, I really want the Sig P365 to be a viable pistol. The addition of an external carrier at work changes the what and the how of a BUG for my personal needs. The Shield is a bit too large, and I have a hard time warming up to a Glock 43. The P365 would work for my needs, provided the reliability was there.

I'm starting to see the LE SKU P365's showing up, "In Stock" in various places now, which makes me think Sig is starting to catch production up with demand.

Does anyone have experience with a recent production P365? I]m curious if the trigger return spring issues and the intermittent failure to extract issues have been addressed.

More importantly, Sig is going after and winning a lot of agency contracts, large and small. Does anyone know of an agency that has T&E'ed a P365 for BUG/Off duty usage? I'd really like to hear about the results of a T&E of the P365. I can provide a work email to keep the information off of a public venue if necessary.

It is very concerning to me to see Sig winning all these big contracts. I couldn’t see myself trusting any of there products, or wanting to support them, for a very long time, and only then after big changes in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought a LE version of the P365 with a born-on date of July 2018 to try it out. Only 3 range sessions and 600rds so far, but no problems as of yet. No malfunctions/stoppages, and accuracy is on par with a full sized P320/P226. I'm usually pretty skeptical and cautious, but this is a really impressive shooting little gun. It uses a classic Sig line disconnect to prevent out of battery striker release, and a classic Sig safety lever. It very much reminds me of a hybrid between the classic Sig line and the P320 line.

The only issue so far is that right out of the box, I noticed the scratches on the magazine that was inserted in the pistol during shipment from the internal spring(trigger return spring?). However, it was only on the magazine with the finger extension, and did not appear to get any more scratched up once I started shooting. I tried swapping the finger extension base plate with the other magazine to see if that could reveal anything, but the scratching has stopped. Maybe a few insertions smoothed out the spring tip?......who knows, but it doesn't scratch the mags anymore.

I'll keep posting updates as I go.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

I bought a LE version of the P365 with a born-on date of July 2018 to try it out. Only 3 range sessions and 600rds so far, but no problems as of yet. No malfunctions/stoppages, and accuracy is on par with a full sized P320/P226. I'm usually pretty skeptical and cautious, but this is a really impressive shooting little gun. It uses a classic Sig line disconnect to prevent out of battery striker release, and a classic Sig safety lever. It very much reminds me of a hybrid between the classic Sig line and the P320 line.

The only issue so far is that right out of the box, I noticed the scratches on the magazine that was inserted in the pistol during shipment from the internal spring(trigger return spring?). However, it was only on the magazine with the finger extension, and did not appear to get any more scratched up once I started shooting. I tried swapping the finger extension base plate with the other magazine to see if that could reveal anything, but the scratching has stopped. Maybe a few insertions smoothed out the spring tip?......who knows, but it doesn't scratch the mags anymore.

I'll keep posting updates as I go.
    Please do.

User Tag List