Page 50 of 232 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Just returned from an evening range trip. The P365 has now went over 1000 rounds. 1016 rounds with no issues. My ammo type & numbers were incorrect last post. Here is what I have shot:
    600 rounds Fed Brass 115 FMJ
    278 rounds Fed Alum 115 FMJ
    40 rounds CCI 124 FMJ
    22 Speer Gold Dot 124 +P
    6 Federal 124 HST
    10 Speer 115 Gold Dot +P+
    60 Federal 147 +P HST

Around 600 rounds through mine. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmlyDeMented View Post
    More rounds through the p365 and still no malfunctions. Probably 400-500 through it so far. Shot a FAST clean in 5.75 with it today. Video here: https://www.instagram.com/calmlydemented/?hl=en
    I’ve shot it at 50 and 75 yards also, target pics at the link above. Not terrible, 18/20 hits at 50 and 15/20 hits at 75. Target was a huge uspsa type though.

I know it’s been awhile since I shot a tiny gun, but this one seems better than my last g43. Part of that I know is just the crisp sight picture of the stock p365 sights. We’ll see how it goes, I’ll probably have 1k through it by the 4th then sell it to a buddy. It’s not the only gun I’m shooting and the M9 is always my primary focus. It’s just an interesting distraction in some downtime between .mil matches.
    I didn't make it to 1k rounds by the 4th and my focus returned to the M9 sooner than I had planned. I ended up putting 700-800 rounds through it before my buddy got it. Zero problems or malfunctions while I had it.
    Small size, decent capacity, decent trigger, and good sights. I enjoyed shooting it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Regarding LSP552's comments about WWB, I have heard these issues before with different types of ammo. I wonder if the rim / extractor groove profiles on brands / types that work vs those that have problems, will show anything interesting?
    From my inspection of a lot of WWB cases left behind in my M11-A1, this seems to be the thing that sets apart the WWB from stuff that runs. The WWB grooves are all over the place in profile, and most of them are not concentric to the OD of the case. That means the depth of the groove depends on the rotational orientation of the case relative to the gun. So if the case was in the chamber one way, it would run fine. Turn it 180 degrees, and the same case would stay in the chamber. Or vice versa.

The dirt-cheap, PPU-stamped brass case stuff from Academy has awesome grooves and runs great in the Sig.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Oops!
    Last edited by O4L; 07-25-2018 at 09:46 PM.

MAC did buy a third P365. There's a vid about that but no shooting/results vids yet.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I take every MAC vid with a huge grain of salt. Huge grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Why's that?

Do you think he is buying these things and breaking them for fun? To me he had been honest in saying the pistol has a ridiculous amount of potential. Just it has been a piece of shit. He clearly wants it to work. Which a ton of people echo that.

A lot of his early stuff was questionable. Testing was not relevant, methodology was poor, and conclusions were gun-raggish. He's gotten much better with cleaning up his gun testing such that I want to see what he has to show us. I am so sick of the big name gun tests and comparisons that always declare "you can't go wrong with either gun", or what ever single gun they test is always declared a "winner"(WTF did they win in a one horse race?). Whether you like his testing on not, he has shown that a number of highly regarded guns from the big name manufacturers who dominate gun rags and other PR with the deep pockets can perform poorly when an unknown contender can make a gun that performs better at 1/3 the price. There's a lot more honesty coming from MAC than most other testing outlets. Now, he does have some lack of knowledge in certain areas......for instance proper ammo testing.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

User Tag List