Page 5 of 232 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Looks pretty nice, actually.

I suspect the average buyer has never heard of a Sig Drop Test.

They will see ‘Night Sights’ and ‘Slim 10 round’ gun and buy it.

Be interested to shoot one, for sure.

These little guns usually have really strong RSAs, right? Anyone know how it racks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Why is it that the industry has settled on such a short stock length?

Do thy not realize that it would be better to have a longer stock and drop the floorplate extension?
    That would defeat the purpose of a micro-/sub- sized gun for many. A short grip can always be made longer with mags and extensions, but a longer grip can't be made shorter. With the height and contour of these autos at the rear, a mag extension also adds enough to make them a tougher fit for some pockets and pouches. It would also bring the gun close enough to its larger counterparts to ask, why bother.

That said, this should challenge Glock and S&W in the market.
    Prediction: Added player, but no challenge for either. This gun is years late.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-08-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I am in agreement of why buy a single stack 9mm if it is that size? I loved the shield/g43 for the shorter grip. Dont get me wrong the width is great. But that just comes with the grip size. I could and did pocket carry a g43 with the 6 round mag. In a kydex pocket holster. Worked pretty well. I also would ankle carry either. If I want a full gripped gun in a small package. Im taking my g19 with 15 rnds.

I love the fact that they choked on rollout. Why would you not have vetted them with the lube you sent them out with? And I know a couple guys that use lucas gun oil. (Car guys). Not saying it’s great or anything. But their guns never choked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    ...I love the fact that they choked on rollout. Why would you not have vetted them with the lube you sent them out with?
    Because sales guys are in charge of press events.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    For me an NPE gun needs to be really thin; the Kahr, shield, etc single stacks are better for that. Both this thing and the little single stacks are too big for my pockets; and I prefer to EDC service pistols. This thing doesn’t have a niche for me.
    Name:  z7PLzGK.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  48.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Because sales guys are in charge of press events.
    I thought they used the oil that Sig endorses? Is that not a bigger issue then the sales guys?

Site Supporter
    "We know concealed carry is a compromise--it can seem like you have to choose between capacity, or concealability. What if you could have both?"

That shit is straight out of a focus group (I know, bc I write that kinda shit for a living). I mean, I can't imagine capacity is a real big consumer tension among Shield/XDS buyers--god forbid you can't take out an entire room of people with your single stack 9. Nevertheless... if you can get a few more rounds in a gun that's the same size... who's not gonna take that?

Honestly, it looks like a solid concept to me. Gotta hand it to Sig marketing--they know how to sell their stuff. Personally, the latest Sig offerings aren't really speaking to me as a consumer. But... I think something like this will probably have success. Especially in the wake of the 320 contract.

For me... if I wanted to rediscover that tough-as-nails, military-grade P-series goodness of yore... I'd probably buy an Arex. Until then, I've got my 1988 P226 with West German proof marks and Swiss acceptance stamps. Hell of a gun.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-09-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    Does this look like it has the functional equivalent of a Gadget?

If not, can we expect a Sig P365 Gadget Soon™?
    Upper portion is the slide cover, lower part is most likely the chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    That would defeat the purpose of a micro-/sub- sized gun for many. A short grip can always be made longer with mags and extensions, but a longer grip can't be made shorter. With the height and contour of these autos at the rear, a mag extension also adds enough to make them a tougher fit for some pockets and pouches. It would also bring the gun close enough to its larger counterparts to ask, why bother.

Prediction: Added player, but no challenge for either. This gun is years late.
    Here's the problem with that logic: many, if not most, immediately opt for s "plus 1" or "plus 2" magazine...

Yet the increase in length I ask for is about 2/3"... hardly enough to make me choose a Glock 19 or P-07 when I need something that is thin and thus less likely to be observed.

Again, a slight increase in stock length makes it much easier to deploy.

It would also be easier to reload w/o pinching one's finger (ever had a mag be fully inserted and seated yet have your skin wedged btwn the floorplate and mag well?)

I'd make the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I thought they used the oil that Sig endorses? Is that not a bigger issue then the sales guys?

They claimed in the article that they didn't know what the original lube was. It's hard to believe they didn't know and that it wasn't Lucas, unless they no longer have a business relationship with Lucas. But I also can't imagine Sig lying to us about anything

User Tag List