Page 48 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    That's a lot to ask from these subcompact pistols. I'm pretty sure some (Kahr maybe?) have recoil spring replacement intervals less than this. It seems SIG has some issues to overcome with the 365, but it will never be a G17, nor would I expect it to be.
    I'd trust the G26 to do that and more.

This is like one of those rom-coms where the female lead is set to marry the wrong guy (p365) and things don't work out, and then she realizes that the funny, reliable guy that has been her friend for years (G26) is the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    This is like one of those rom-coms where the female lead is set to marry the wrong guy (p365) and things don't work out, and then she realizes that the funny, reliable guy that has been her friend for years (G26) is the right one.
    So in other words, a fairytale?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So in other words, a fairytale?
    Yes, in the sense that the G26 is king of the subcompacts

A beer bellied king wearing the emperor's clothes
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

It'll never be a G17 = 10's of thousands of rounds with little to no maintenance.

The G26 is larger in every dimension. The P365 is smaller than the Shield, it's .380 size. Maybe it's the limit for 9mm? Maybe some has a better design that can work with that size package and have the durability of a G17. I'm pretty sure physics has something to say about it. It's like "why doesn't my G22 Have the same durability as a G17?"

It seems like too many people have been spoiled by previous pistols that aren't all that comparable.

I'll take 6 or 7 +1 that goes bang every time vs. 10 + 1 that needs a new firing pin after 5 minutes any day of the week. I'm pretty sure if you comb through the 2000rnd test thread, there are at least a few G43s and shields that passed. In my opinion, the G26 is the small end of another class of pistols (double stack subcompacts, ie. M&P9C 1.0, VP9SK, etc.) and it isn't a fair comparison, but a G43 is definitely a fair comparison. While they may have eaten my hand, all three of my examples have run like raped apes.

How many rounds do you guys have through your 365s so far? Anyone have 1500-2000+? Debating picking up one of these as it would fill a very specific niche in certain circumstances but don't want to deal with the nagging issues I've seen so far.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    It'll never be a G17 = 10's of thousands of rounds with little to no maintenance.

The G26 is larger in every dimension. The P365 is smaller than the Shield, it's .380 size. Maybe it's the limit for 9mm? Maybe some has a better design that can work with that size package and have the durability of a G17. I'm pretty sure physics has something to say about it. It's like "why doesn't my G22 Have the same durability as a G17?"

It seems like too many people have been spoiled by previous pistols that aren't all that comparable.
    I'm sorry I just cannot agree with this philosophy. There are a number of micro subcompacts out there that can go 2000rds with no cleaning and have minimal function issues and not break a part. Glock, Walther, heck oven the Taurus micro 9mm faired well. If all the other makers of subcompact and micro subcompact pistols out there had similar reliability and durability as the P365, then maybe I could believe that the problems with the P365 were because the physics prevented better results. However this is not the case.

2000rds is not an unreasonable standard either for a life and death piece of equipment. My thoughts are that if mico subcompacts and subcompacts are unable to meet a 2000rd challenge, then I would bump up to a compact sized firearm.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

I have a P365 I picked up a week ago. It was made June 19 2018. It currently has 846 rounds through it with no issues. 756 115gr FMJ, 40 124gr FMJs, 10 Fed 124 HST, 20 FED 147 +P HST, 10 Speer 124+p Gold Dots and 10 Speer 115 +P+ Gold Dots. I did nothing to the pistol but pull it out of the box and start shooting. No issues so far. I'm using 2 10 and 2 12 round magazines. If it gets over 1000 with no issues I'd have no concerns putting this particular pistol into rotation but will probably try to drive on to 2000 for grins. The next 100 rounds will be a split of 147 HST and 124+P Gold Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I'd trust the G26 to do that and more.

Yeah, but that only works in the movies. Old reliable above has been friend-zoned and ain't coming out of the friend zone except to fix shit or be her emotional tampon, the who while deluding himself into thinking he actually has a chance if he hangs around long enough.

The G26 is more like the bubbly, cool sexy ex who you keep running into again and again..... and again....
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List