Page 46 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Newer gun, light strikes on Wolf, some extraction issues.
    and the Taurus in the video worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe Performance View Post
    I find it amusing that ignorant internet forum experts who don't produce content fail to comprehend why a video wouldn't be shot directly into the afternoon sun.
    Shooter can't move few steps or camera can't be set on an angle to avoid direct sun rays? Or you can't admit you didn't think to show support hand space?

Either way, it is a rhetorical question, no need to reply. I am sorry I upset you with my lack of appreciation for your produced content. Enjoy your stay.

Saw my first 365 in a LGS. Wow....it had the worst trigger I've ever felt. I was expecting a 320 like trigger. Hope this isn't a standard for all 365's.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Newer gun, light strikes on Wolf, some extraction issues.
    My best friend retires from LSP today. Some of his guys kicked in and bought him a 365. He loves everything about the gun. He is very much a gun guy, long time firearms instructor and armorer on most things.

He had a number of extraction issues with WWB on his 1st range day and about 200 rds. None with Gold Dots. His might be mag related because it seemed the finger extension mag was the offender.

More to follow. I want one that works....
    Last edited by LSP552; 06-29-2018 at 05:03 AM.

More disappointments from Sig. It still baffles me why they continue to try to use the long MIM pivot extractor in some of their models even though it has a long tract record of questionable reliability. Their most successful extractor design in winning large LE/Mil contracts has always been the short plunger extractor used in the pre Cohen classic series and P320. No P365 for me. I’ll stick with the P320sc and a G42/J-frame if I need something lighter.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Site Supporter
    That MAC video. wow.

Site Supporter
    Like many here, I want the P365 to be a wonderful pistol, but trust SIG (USA) as far as I can throw them. Which is a real shame, as the P365 holds one less round than my P2000, but in a package roughly the size of my Shield. I held one once, thought it was awesome, and thinking of all the stuff I've read on PF thought I might try one in 2-3 years. The MAC videos are extremely disheartening, and are a good illustration of what you get when accounting and marketing are in charge of a manufacturing company. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the design engineers at SIG are pretty good, but the desire to keep a job in the face of pressure from marketing for small size and quick delivery forced them into known bad decisions.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My best friend retires from LSP today. Some of his guys kicked in and bought him a 365. He loves everything about the gun. He is very much a gun guy, long time firearms instructor and armorer on most things.

He had a number of extraction issues with WWB on his 1st range day and about 200 rds. None with Gold Dots. His might be mag related because it seemed the finger extension mag was the offender.

More to follow. I want one that works....
    WWB cases can be so jacked up it's amazing they run in any gun. My M11-A1 has had serious issues with WWB. My P226 with long extractor has never had a problem of any kind, other than my thumb on the slide catch, but hasn't had as much WWB through it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe Performance View Post
    Muzzling my hand with an unloaded gun during a gun review??? OH NO!!! That never happens!!! If that bothers you maybe you need to harden up and quit being such a pussy.
    Responses (rants) like this tell me the content from the source is questionable.

I've got over 500 rounds through the P365. It has been trouble free so far. No marks on the mag no peening, no reliability issues. I prefer the 12 round mags. The distance the barrel & slide stay locked is very short and primer smears are longer than normal. 147 gr range ammo has a slower recoil impulse than 115 gr ammo and the smears are shorter. I like the P365 and will continue to shoot it.

I shot the P365 at a 10 inch gong at 100 yards and hit it on the second shot. I hit the gong 2 or 3 times out of 12. Unfortunately, I also hit the target frame 3 or 4 times out of the same 12.

I like the trigger. It feels right for this pistol and it's intended mission. I really like the sights. They are fast and easy to see. I like the size, weight and balance of the P365. It's about as small a pistol can be and still be shootable in my hand. With the 10 round mag, I have to curl my pinky under the grip. It's the only pistol that I need to curl my pinky under that doesn't feel unstable shooting it. I also like how this pistol carries. I carry it with the 12 round mag in the well and a spare 12 round mag.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

@MistWolf, do you know your MFG date? I’m curious to see the reliability with different MFG dates. Hopefully people will start posting info with MFG dates/types of malfunctions of their gun. If they do then we can track reliability with the rolling modifications along with the proclivity of specific malfunctions in regards to those MFG dates and modifications Sig is making. Please keep us apprised as you continue to run it.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-29-2018 at 10:23 PM.

User Tag List