Page 4 of 232 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Why is it that the industry has settled on such a short stock length?

Do thy not realize that it would be better to have a longer stock and drop the floorplate extension?

I hate "rat pistols".

That said, this should challenge Glock and S&W in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had any time hands on with this, so it's hard to draw conclusions. My initial thoughts are: The modular, serialized FCU is a good thing. I may be a rarity, but when I carry a G43, it's often with the flush, 6-round mag. It's an NPE gun for me, and I need it to be concealable. The p365 may be thinner than, say a G19, but it's the length of the grip that makes the biggest difference in concealability for me. That's one of several reasons I don't like the Shield--long grip, short barrel. Unless the gun is grip-small like a 43, I'll carry a G19 or a P07.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-08-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've got to be honest here. No gun should have problems going into battery on the first day. They ship the guns with that stuff and encourage people to use it. I've also never once heard "It's the lube guys!!!!! That's why it isn't going into battery!!" CAmman. Something didn't fit right or there was a spring not keeping up with the cycle of operations somewhere.

I get people want to be excited for the concept. But it's already having issues out of the gate. This could be the kimber solo all over again lol. If they were using Crest tooth paste to lube the gun, then maybe. Also I get from a manufacturer's standpoint the smaller you go the harder it is to get the gun to run right. Everything happens faster and harder in those smaller, not to mention much lighter guns. I wonder if it shoots as well as the guns all of you chomping at the bit to get rid of do. I'd have to see it run, then see it in person, then shoot it before I purchased it. The rocky start doesn't bode well for me already.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I haven't had any time hands on with this, so it's hard to draw conclusions. My initial thoughts are: The modular, serialized FCU is a good thing. I may be a rarity, but when I carry a G43, it's often with the flush, 6-round mag. It's an NPE gun for me, and I need it to be concealable. The p365 may be thinner than, say a G19, but it's the length of the grip that makes the biggest difference in concealability for me. That's one of several reasons I don't like the Shield--long grip, short barrel. Unless the gun is grip-small like a 43, I'll carry a G19 or a P07.
    I hear you on the P-07 and 19!

If these NPE pistols had a longer stock where my pinkie finger could be secure I'd probably carry it more.

I also hate having to lift my little finger or have it pinched to Hades during a fast reload attempt.

Add to the more difficult drawstroke... "I'm not feeling it, dawg." 🤣[emoji23]

I think Kahr has the size right (for me).

For me an NPE gun needs to be really thin; the Kahr, shield, etc single stacks are better for that. Both this thing and the little single stacks are too big for my pockets; and I prefer to EDC service pistols. This thing doesn’t have a niche for me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Ah, I don't carry in my pocket unless it's a J-frame. Even then it's in a soft holster.

Maybe this will encourage Glock to finally make a G19 size single stack...

I can dream.
    Last edited by Warped Mindless; 01-08-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    single stack 9 market is really tough right now with the Shield and the G43. What can this 365 do that those can't?

slightly off topic...

Sig has nearly reached the point of being bro-country status in pistols...seriously? distressed finishes are coming to pistols?

Last edited by fixer; 01-08-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    single stack 9 market is really tough right now with the Shield and the G43. What can this 365 do that those can't?
    Hold 4 extra rounds?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I think it's quite possible that they lubed all the pistols up with grease so they'd feel extra-smooth, and then did the launch on a really f'in cold day without anyone having the time to stop and ask how the grease would perform in the cold. Lots of people like grease on their carry gun so it stays where they put it for weeks at a time. Lots of people know not to use grease on a pistol in freezing weather. It's all about using the right product for the application.

Personally, I'm interested. If it's basically the size of a P938, smaller than my 3953, but holds 10 or 12 rounds, that's pretty cool. But I need more information about the nuts and bolts of the mechanism before I form any strong opinions.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List