Page 37 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Most likely Sig contracts with an outside vendor for the strikers and another vendor for the springs. My guess is that the striker problems can be traced to "bad batches" not meeting specs.
    I'm no engineer, but it would seem that those primer marks would indicate a lateral force and/or perhaps some torque being applied to the the striker in a manner/direction it's not really designed to handle during the time it's engaged with the cartridge. I can't see how the striker tip could avoid receiving unintended force. I could be flat out wrong too.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    My last post referred to strikers breaking or non functional. I think that you may be referring to primers showing vertical strike marks. I'm not an engineer either and have exhausted my knowledge of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Man I’m glad mine is gone.
    Did you bail on the P365?

@willie Understood. What causes the vertical marks? isn't it movement of the slide, barrel, case while the striker is still engaged? If so, that can't be good for the striker.
    Last edited by critter; 04-16-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    @willie Understood. What causes the vertical marks? isn't it movement of the slide, barrel, case while the striker is still engaged? If so, that can't be good for the striker.
    That seems to be what it is. Marking the top of the top round in the mag shows the 'swipe' pointing upwards

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Did you bail on the P365?
    I did. It was a distraction, that and I wasn't going to replace my G19.5's or 43's so when I had a moment of clarity I sold it. Poured the extra money into a NF NX8. No regrets.

Site Supporter
    Yes sirs, critter and steaz, that's a good explanation for the way these marks are formed. And extra stress certainly must be put on the striker. An experimentor would discover that lighter loaded ammo would not produce these marks. Also, if he could increase recoil spring strength, he would see these diminish or disappear. The big problem in making smaller pistols function is reaching a balance point that is determined by taking into account slide weight, slide velocity, dwell time, recoil spring strength or weight, pressure range of the cartridge, bullet weights and velocities produced. I'm sure that other factors apply too. Sig has created a design that works. Once the bugs have been eliminated, this pistol will take its place along with others in its category.
    Last edited by willie; 04-16-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Yes sirs, critter and steaz, that's a good explanation for the way these marks are formed. And extra stress certainly must be put on the striker. An experimentor would discover that lighter loaded ammo would not produce these marks. Also, if he could increase recoil spring strength, he would see these diminish or disappear. The big problem in making smaller pistols function is reaching a balance point that is determined by taking into account slide weight, slide velocity, dwell time, recoil spring strength or weight, pressure range of the cartridge, bullet weights and velocities produced. I'm sure that other factors apply too. Sig has created a design that works. Once the bugs have been eliminated, this pistol will take its place along with others in its category.

As it happens, as I look at the pictures now (I do still have many of the cases downstairs too) the gouges in the HST look more pronounced than the the American Eagle

I’d be curious to see if the swipe marks on the primers are more pronounced when running +P ammo vs standard pressure ammo. Anyone care to be a test dummy? Say a mag of 124/147+Ps vs standard 124/147 pressure ammo. See if there’s a visible difference in primer swipes.

I’m really glad I didn’t hop on the beta testing train...but I do still want one or two of these. But I’m gonna wait about a year or so; maybe longer.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 04-17-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

I havent seen one of these yet. Are they to big for an ankle gun?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List