Page 31 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    If metal is being displaced then the finish doesn’t matter.

When a manufacturer says an issue is “purely cosmetic,” they’re implying that no defective behavior will result from the phenomenon (they must have some pretty awesome magic 8 balls in Exeter). Ugly isn’t defective.

This isn’t to defend them; if I bought a pistol and it did that I’d return it or sell it. Then again, I probably wouldn’t have early adopted from a bag of lying dicks; but I throw money away on stuff too, no judgment here.
    @JAD, bag of lying dicks they are but curiosity definitely got the better of me. There will be no early adoption fee n my part as this one gun changes nothing for me. I strictly wanted to evaluate it for myself.

The only question I have after reading your statement is that my understanding is that nitriding does surface harden steel. Should that not have some impact on wear resistance? I’m not saying that it would stop peening from happening if tolerances were sub par but it should add to the hardening of the metal as I understand it hence my statement.

If you can further educate me I am all ears as I only have a layman’s understanding of metal treatments and effects on the metals they are applied to.
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-18-2018 at 05:46 PM.

I am beginning to hate TapTalk and auto correct they make sounding coherent impossible.

Site Supporter
    I don't think that is a peening issue. I think its a tolerance stack issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Pincus is counting on it.
    But is he...?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I figure he’s going through the hassle of releasing the PD10 (essentially a single stack G19 that takes 9mm 1911 mags) because he wants all the people that say they want a single stack G19 to buy one. However, I’ve never discussed it with him so maybe he has other motivations.
    It's been kinda quiet on that front. He really let up on things after SHOT it seems.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I figure he’s going through the hassle of releasing the PD10 (essentially a single stack G19 that takes 9mm 1911 mags) because he wants all the people that say they want a single stack G19 to buy one. However, I’ve never discussed it with him so maybe he has other motivations.
    That's not really something I'd be interested in, but I'd jump on, and even be a beta tester for a 19 sized slim P365/G43 style (smaller grip) pistol with a 'flush' fit staggered mag capacity of 12 or 13... if the thin walled grip could even handle being extended like that -- seems like longer could be weaker, but I have no idea really.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    That's not really something I'd be interested in, but I'd jump on, and even be a beta tester for a 19 sized slim P365/G43 style (smaller grip) pistol with a 'flush' fit staggered mag capacity of 12 or 13... if the thin walled grip could even handle being extended like that -- seems like longer could be weaker, but I have no idea really.
    Have you ever actually run a 9mm 1911 mag? They're garbage, bud. Seriously. I have a feeling that's why that project has gone somewhat dark but that's just my own suspicion at this time.

Anyway, WE, the people of this board would love a firearm like that, I cannot discount that fact but again, we are the minority, not the majority. We will just see what the future holds but I will say this, if Sig's 365 mags work then yeah, a longer framed firearm with a longer mag tube could be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Magsz; 03-19-2018 at 02:16 PM.

So does this pistol have a crescent shaped "brass control cut" on the breechface lug opposite the extractor claw at a height corresponding to the unlocked/extracting state, like the P320?

I ask because this contributes to tendencies to stick out of battery, especially if pushed out by muzzle contact and with a full mag. See Springer XDS. My G43 is very resistant to this.

I'd be curious to see how the P365 behaves with a full 10+1 loaded if pushed maximally out of battery by muzzle contact while horizontal.

Anyone able to check that against a mattress or something? It may seem trivial, but it's a margin of error thing in my mind-- less to worry about.

ETA: BTW, anyone catch that video where the guy was lovin' it, until the tip of the striker tip broke clean off at 500 rds? As a guy who's had a Bodyguard .380 firing pin snap in half at the blocker notch and a P938 ejector break off, I've got a raw nerve over small MIM parts.
    Last edited by Schmetallurgy; 03-19-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

... if Sig's 365 mags work then yeah, a longer framed firearm with a longer mag tube could be pretty awesome.
    I wasn't suggesting a preference for 9mm 1911 mags but rather that the above would be a pistol I'd even buy early and help 'em work out the bugs. I'll pick up a P365 eventually. I'd pre-order the P476 tomorrow.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Schmetallurgy View Post
    So does this pistol have a crescent shaped "brass control cut" on the breechface lug opposite the extractor claw at a height corresponding to the unlocked/extracting state, like the P320?

I ask because this contributes to tendencies to stick out of battery, especially if pushed out by muzzle contact and with a full mag. See Springer XDS. My G43 is very resistant to this.

I'd be curious to see how the P365 behaves with a full 10+1 loaded if pushed maximally out of battery by muzzle contact while horizontal.

Anyone able to check that against a mattress or something? It may seem trivial, but it's a margin of error thing in my mind-- less to worry about.

ETA: BTW, anyone catch that video where the guy was lovin' it, until the tip of the striker tip broke clean off at 500 rds? As a guy who's had a Bodyguard .380 firing pin snap in half at the blocker notch and a P938 ejector break off, I've got a raw nerve over small MIM parts.
    I am unable to seat a full mag with the slide in battery.

User Tag List