Page 28 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Good review. ^^^

How’s the long term reliability of these going? Anyone having recurring issues?

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    I had a chance to shoot one today at a range a go to occasionally, they had a rental that just came in. Ran 250 rounds through it with zero malfunctions and got to compared it to my 43. It was the newer version, x-ray sights, and the new barrel and spring. Definetly smaller than the 43, really amazing they get 10 rounds into the gun. Recoil was about the same as the 43 so very manageble. The 365 is really an accurate gun, my groups where tighter than my 43 at just about every distance I shot from. While recoil seemed very similiar, it seemed easier to track my sights better on the 365. Trigger was very similiar to the 320 trigger so pretty decent, I do prefer my 43 trigger, probably due to the apex flat trigger shoe.

What I didn’t like is the magazine release, it is slightly angled forward. Truth be told, I put one on order back in Jan and I was hoping I wouldn’t like it and was thinking of cancelling my order if it didn’t run well. I think I’ll keep my order status active. If it were just the 7/8 round option, I wouldn’t get it, but 10/12 rounds in such a small gun that shoots very well and accurately is hard to bet. It seemed to me size wise closer to the 938 than the 43. All in all, for such a small gun it was very easy to shoot and accurate and just hard to beat the extra capacity you get.
    I would agree with everything you said. I just snagged one of these up. I swore off Sig and have already been reminded of it. Only thing I can add is the grip is small. Real small, I’ve got smurf hands but still find it tiny. Mag release is a little awkward for me also and I do not like the angle it sits at. In addition despite midget digits I pinched the crap out of my strong hand while reloading. People with bigger hands will not like their hands hanging over the blackstrap during reloads.

As of this moment I’ve only run 300 rounds through the gun but the gun is really accurate, recoil is very manageable and no hiccups. I am still stunned with the capacity. I wanted to hate the damn thing I really did and I didn’t want to buy it but felt absolutely compelled after putting my hands on it.

11 rounds in a package as small as my 43 with a Pearce +1 extension is nothing to scoff at. In the near future I can’t see actually carrying it. I still don’t freaking trust Sig at all and part of me is waiting for the gun to explode or spontaneously disassemble itself when I shoot it. I will reserve judgement at least until there are a lot more of them out there and until I can get about 6 months with mine and 5-6k though it.

On a side note I still love the G43 and still find it to be my preference. Perhaps that will change. The P365 will be heavily scrutinized and earn trust far and above what I would require from something like HK or a Glock.

Photo because it happened.

Edited to add.

I just field stripped the gun and noticed peening between the barrel lugs. Not saying this is a problem but weird. No wear on the locking block just in between the lugs. Just thought I’d share.

Last edited by Mike C; 03-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.

@Mike C So all that peening wear on the barrel lugs is from simply firing the gun?
    Last edited by RJ; 03-15-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    @Mike C So all that peening wear on the barrel lugs is from simply firing the gun?
    Yes, and upon closer look the space in between the lugs is now almost perfectly conformed to the shape of the locking block. I won't really sweat it unless it continues. I think I learned my lesson the first time with the P320 FS. I had a gun that showed slight signs of peening but was accurate as all get out. I sent it to Sig and they replaced the barrel from what I remember and the gun was never the same after that. So unless something drastic happens or the gun were to become unsafe I intend on shooting the gun very hard for the next few months and tracking everything I can. I have a cold blue pen so I will mark the fresh peening and take photos over time to track it. I will probably just start a thread with updates at some point if anyone is interested then others can post their experiences and round counts as well.

All I can say at this point is I do really like the gun and want it to succeed the gun really is significant improvement over anything else in its class, I didn't think so at first but it is. I can't speak from a design standpoint/engineering perspective but as a user it is nothing short of impressive so long as it continues to run correctly.
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-15-2018 at 07:06 PM.

I am not comfortable with that amount of impact wear. I thought this was one of the issues addressed with V2.0.

Finally got to shoot a 365. Only one mag though. WOW. It was not as snappy as I expected. It was accurate. It did not pinch or gouge my hand any. I know it was a tiny amount of rounds down range, yet I expected to go "meh"... but I was pleasantly surprised/impressed.

In a few months, if no major issues pop up, I may have to jump on one.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Mike C - can you post pics the other side of the barrel? All the issue from peening in the past was on the other side, interesting yours in a different area. I also agree with you the grip is pretty small. I was shooting it with the 10 round w/ pinky extension and I was able to get most my hand on it, and I wear large size gloves typically. I was also concerned I might have issues dropping the mag and it getting hung up on my palm which was a major issue with my 938 but the 365 didn’t seem to cause me any problems in that area. I too am a big fan of the 43 and will certainly keep it but the 365 could displace it over time if performs reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Mike C - can you post pics the other side of the barrel? All the issue from peening in the past was on the other side, interesting yours in a different area. I also agree with you the grip is pretty small. I was shooting it with the 10 round w/ pinky extension and I was able to get most my hand on it, and I wear large size gloves typically. I was also concerned I might have issues dropping the mag and it getting hung up on my palm which was a major issue with my 938 but the 365 didn’t seem to cause me any problems in that area. I too am a big fan of the 43 and will certainly keep it but the 365 could displace it over time if performs reliable.
    It is on both sides where the locking block is slightly taper outward as it conn CT’s to the fire control unit.

Best seen from top. Lighting makes it hard to see. Sorry if the photos suck.

Ejection port side.

Opposite ejection port.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Let me know if I can do anything else. I’m going to try to get another 3-400 through it today. I’m going to cold blue that area and see if it persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    I am not comfortable with that amount of impact wear. I thought this was one of the issues addressed with V2.0.
    I’m nowhere near a metallurgist but it seems hard to understand how that peening is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I’m nowhere near a metallurgist but it seems hard to understand how that peening is normal?
    I don’t think that it is. I figured the barrel would be made of a harder material than the locking block, (maybe it is) and that I’d see wear on the locking block. Not the other way around. I do find it strange and I will know more once I run another 3-400 trough it. Since the peening appeared within that range I don’t think it unreasonable that it will get worse or stop within that range. I will be shooting the exact same ammo through it today as yesterday.

I will be stopping to get photos of it every 100 in order to track its condition. If it continues to get worse or I start having issues the gun will go back to Sig. This will be interesting but at the same time I can’t help but feel like it is a waste of ammo when I could be getting reps in with my primary carry. This morning I am starting to kick myself for buying but I just couldn’t help myself at the time. I guess new gun disease is actually a thing.
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-16-2018 at 07:17 AM.

User Tag List