Page 207 of 232 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @GAP A G43x replaced my J frames.
    And i can carry it in my pocket of the pants i wear if i want to.
    Leroy if I may - I'm in the middle of an extended comparison between my snubby (LCR .38) and my P365 for gym carry. I typically clip my LCR on my gym shorts, AIWB, in a Dark Star Gear, with a MMT flat ACP for comfort. That rig weighs 19.7 oz. When I have my P365 in a JMCK AIWB, loaded 10+1 of Speer GD the complete package is 26.6 oz. I can manage the weight delta, although I feel it. What I do notice a lot is the shape of the revolver being more kind to my middle than the back of the semo auto. For squats especially, the P365 digs in a lot more during the range of motion. Having said that, 11 rounds of 9mm +p trumps 5 rounds of wadcutter if I need it. So "for me" this would mean turning my snubby in for another P365 FCU (I have lots of P365 platform grip frame options, a couple slides and quite a few magazines.)

I was wondering, for you or anyone else who has or is considering replacing a J-frame with a pocket semi-auto, specifically the P365, what compromises have you had to make to get the extra capacity?

P365 in a Mika pocket holster has been my pocket gun when I need to do that for just over the last year. It is a lot more weight, bounce and sag than anything I have ever tried except the G26, but I can make it work.

I pocked carried or bellyband carried a J frame in business attire for close to 25 years, but G42 is a reliable gun and even easier in those modes for me.

I just used my blue label coupon to buy a G43 since Landgon is selling the gadget again for those. A holster is inbound from Bob Mika. I am thinking this is going to be considerably lighter than the P365 as a pocket pistol, 6+1 or 7+1 and maybe the Goldilocks. But I have chased Goldilocks for the last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one of these. Why do we like the old style without the extra rear sight dovetail better? Is it the position of the optic?
    I think most people probably prefer having a dedicated rear sight dovetail, which is why Sig made the change. However, I知 planning to run it with the 407/507k, which has an integrated notch, so I don稚 want the separate rear sight.

For anyone else looking, Academy shows them as available for ship-to-store. I placed an order; we値l see if it arrives.

https://www.academy.com/p/sig-sauer-...pistol?sku=9mm

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I just used my blue label coupon to buy a G43 since Landgon is selling the gadget again for those. A holster is inbound from Bob Mika. I am thinking this is going to be considerably lighter than the P365 as a pocket pistol, 6+1 or 7+1 and maybe the Goldilocks. But I have chased Goldilocks for the last 40 years.
    Looks like the G43 is actually slightly heavier, but also a bit larger. Maybe it値l feel less dense for you as a result? I also wonder if running the P365 with only 7 rounds loaded might accomplish the same thing.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...5-vs-glock-g43

@RJ I now carry the G43 in place of a J. Sold all my J frames. I can carry the 43X ok in a pocket also.

I have made zero compromises in replacing the J with the 43. The 43 works as good or better than the J for pocket carry for me. 43 is a much more capable pistol than the J.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    P365 in a Mika pocket holster has been my pocket gun when I need to do that for just over the last year. It is a lot more weight, bounce and sag than anything I have ever tried except the G26, but I can make it work.
    I do the same, but have a red dot on mine which Bob made a bit larger holster for. Agree on the weight, bounce and sag issues, and in certain attire . . . OK, most attire . . . it's slower than using a holster. But, with lifestyle, grandkids around frequency, etc., it's the best compromise I've found. Tried the J-frame and a Kahr PM9, but the red dot just allows me to shoot more accurately, and faster.

Still looking around, because, ss @fatdog said, maybe Goldilocks is out there . . .

Site Supporter
    When pocket carrying, wearing the same type of double thickness leather belt that one would wear wen belt carrying helps prevent sagging which makes it obvious that something heavy is in the pocket.

Selecting pants with deep enough pockets to effectively hide and secure the gun while not having the pockets so deep that the gun is positioned too low on the leg really helps minimize bouncing around.

I currently use a P365 in a Pocket Concealment Systems Tomahawk for pocket carry. This holster is a good compromise between minimizing bulk and minimizing printing. It takes up almost all of the pocket, which helps retain everything in the pocket while also helping to minimize bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Looks like the G43 is actually slightly heavier, but also a bit larger. Maybe it値l feel less dense for you as a result? I also wonder if running the P365 with only 7 rounds loaded might accomplish the same thing.
    Indeed with 7 rounds it might match weight, certainly a more shootable gun, but, the 43 grip and balance seem more concealable and stable in dress slacks, and I like having the gadget as opposed to the thumb safety on the P365. I would never get my brain to accept the P365 without the thumb safety for pocket carry.

Since my primary carry when dress code allows is a full size Glock, I am getting more uncomfortable that I will always hit the safety on the 365. But the experiment may lead me back to the 365.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...5-vs-glock-g43
    If you really want to maximize the ease of pocket carry, I doubt 3 rounds will make much difference in weight. However, having those extra 3 rounds in the magazine might enable skipping the spare magazine if absolute size and weight minimization is the goal.

For me personally, I would never carry a semi without a back up mag

It is the number one failure point, it can be Knocked Loose, base plate could be ripped off, etc.

I would be far more comfortable with a revolver without a reload.

YMMV

User Tag List