Page 204 of 232 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Fair point - I’m 1,000 rounds in without any problems, maybe I’ll stick to the working recipe.
    I have always valued reliability over capacity, so for me it is an easy choice. Then again, I also carry a spare magazine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A complaint with HK magazines, historically, has been that they hold less rounds than comparably sized magazines from other manufacturers. There was a reason HK did that.
    HK just announced that their 9mm magazines for all VP9 and P30 pistols will now have +2 capacity. It's about 3:50 in the linked video. I'll try to embed the video at the appropriate time, but I'll probably screw it up.

https://youtu.be/Z8K3wI9gKRg?t=228

Edit to add: GJM, FN just dropped a new optic ready 10mm. I'm looking forward to your range reports.

So everyone runs it 12+1, except GJM?
    I also down-load pistol mags because I'm paranoid. Never had a failure with 12+1 in the XL on the range- I just do this with all my pistols.

I’ve had no functional issues with my 365 or xl, but download by 1 to eliminate having to drive the mag in repeatedly on closed slide reloads.
    Ignore Alien Orders

No functional issues with a fully loaded mag, but Indl by one.

Easier time for the Mrs and old glock habit

So everyone runs it 12+1, except GJM?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    12+1 here but would consider running a 14 round reload.

With hot self defense ammo, never had an issue with a fully loaded mag not having the power to strip subsequent rounds.

But reloading a second mag that’s not fully stuffed would make reasonable sense. Less need for a tap rack.

That’s me - 10+1 or 12+1, but 14 rounds in a 15 for the reload.

Picked up mine (Micro, MS version) a few days ago. Was able to do some dry work with it today. I noticed that the pistol came really wet. Not sure if this is how it ships from SIG or if it's something that the local distributor does. I took it apart and wiped off all the old lube (a heavy oil with a reddish brown color). Even the striker and striker channel were drenched. I saw white grease within the FCU and I left that alone for now.

Date of Manufacture shows May 2022. Came with 2 Italian mags which are glossy versus the US spares that I bought. The tritium inserts are intact, though a little dim versus the Tru Glos I have on my Glocks. Trigger has a bit of creep that I suppose will diminish as the gun is shot. Safety levers are usable but could be better shaped (just as I remember from my prior bouts with a P365 at the local range.) If I can't work these at speed, I might choose to not use the safety or remove the levers altogether (if I can find a Wilson Combat grip module.)

I'll try to put some rounds through the gun over the weekend.

Anyone experience a dead trigger on one? I have roughly 3.5k through my edc p365xl. I’ve never done anything other than field strip to clean and lube. Today I was about 3 mags into my session and the trigger didn’t reset when doing either a bill drill or some kind of faster shooting rep. I just racked the slide back about an inch to reset the trigger and it functioned fine afterward. Did I just short stroke the trigger during recoil? Is it a platform quirk? I’ve never had this happen with any glock, m@p or HK pistol I’ve run.

Thanks.

Was able to shoot the Micro yesterday. My finger is still on the mend so I only went through 100 rounds of Blazer Brass, and 30-odd 124gr HST standard pressure (rounds that had been chambered twice or thrice in my carry pistol over the years.)

No issues with the Italian and American magazines. The Manual Safety is not easy for me to use at speed. Sights were easy to pick up and I didn't need to adjust windage. POI seemed to be more drive the dot than top ledge. Not a problem within 10 meters but at 20 meters, it was more apparent.

Felt recoil is softer than I remember P365s to have. The little SIGs never cease to surprise when it comes to accuracy. It likes HST better than my G5 Glocks do. I checked zero at 10 meters and parked 9 rounds in a B8's X-ring. This speaks more to the gun than the guy pressing the trigger as I am not a highly skilled shooter.

Did a bit of SHO and WHO work at 5 meters and was able to hold 2" groups at that distance, slow fire. I haven't found a holster yet so presentations will have to wait until I do.

An UPLULA is necessary for me. A friend gifted me one several years ago and I thought, "I have no need for this...." Never had to use one on a Glock mag but the SIG magazines are "stiff" to say the least.

Versus the 43X I carried and shot for almost two years, this one is far more forgiving. From this very limited round count, I'd like to say that the P365 is easier to shoot well while the 43X is easier to fall off the rails with.

I'll need to put 1000 rounds through the gun before I consider carrying it but so far, I'm liking how the P365 behaves.
    Last edited by CarloMNL; 01-28-2023 at 10:44 PM.

I am happy to report another drama-free session with my P365XL (Wilson Combat grip/Holosun 407k). Accuracy-wise seems equivalent to my Glock 26 Gen 5 at 25 yards. Freestyle, I can generally keep 50 rounds within a fist-sized group from there. However, I do notice less eye fatigue when shooting a dot vs. irons.

I also shot a friend’s P365X with a PMM comp & DPM recoil reduction system spring. Wow does that thing shoot flat.

User Tag List