Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I do not like what he said here:

Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue.
    From later in the article on Soldier Systems;

The failure to go into battery issues went away. In fact, I had zero malfunctions and I fired three times as many rounds in the second day as the first. Based on this, I’d say that the lubricant used the first day was not appropriate for the environment. It’s an important issue which few consider until they are in that situation.

@CoolBreeze literally posted his thread (Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1) one minute before you posted this one...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

11 rounds, seriously. Sometimes.

I don't know, I learned to shoot on a P228 many moons ago and used to really like the company and their products. But I am not a fan of the Cohen years and the direction he took the company and it's products. All the rainbow diamond plate and made in India and China stuff really soured me. All their repeated customer shafts to their customer over new products makes me very wary.

Not sure I'll ever buy another Sig. I would to see them back to their old glory and sincerely hope they get there but I am just not sure. With any new pistol like this, I am not willing to be a Sig beta tester when there are so many other good options on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    @CoolBreeze literally posted his thread (Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1) one minute before you posted this one...

We must have been typing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by delkancott View Post
    I did not like this either. Hopefully as written later it was a cold/lubricant issue rather than a design flaw.
    It's interesting that they didn't know what lubricant was originally used and then they used Slip2000. Is Sig not in bed with Lucas Oil anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It's interesting that they didn't know what lubricant was originally used and then they used Slip2000. Is Sig not in bed with Lucas Oil anymore?
    I don't know anything about Lucas gun oil, but coming from heavy earthmoving and over the road trucks, if you gave me anything Lucas made I might use it to start a fire. Their products are literally that bad. This is from seeing oil analysis where their stuff was used. The engineers at the lab said they would prefer to see equipment just ran low on lube/fluid rather than use the Lucas additives.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I don't know anything about Lucas gun oil, but coming from heavy earthmoving and over the road trucks, if you gave me anything Lucas made I might use it to start a fire. Their products are literally that bad. This is from seeing oil analysis where their stuff was used. The engineers at the lab said they would prefer to see equipment just ran low on lube/fluid rather than use the Lucas additives.
    Lol wow. I never heard anything bad about Lucas gun oil, and the last several years every Sig I got came with a packet of the stuff and their endorsement of it. But I was already on Slip2000 and still happy with it, so never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    From later in the article on Soldier Systems;
    I read the entire article.
    Great that they ran good the second day but they did not run good the first day.
    I have never owned a pistol that did not run after being cleaned and lubed prior to firing.
    Last edited by JBP55; 01-08-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Lol wow. I never heard anything bad about Lucas gun oil, and the last several years every Sig I got came with a packet of the stuff and their endorsement of it. But I was already on Slip2000 and still happy with it, so never used it.
    I haven't had good luck with Lucas and connectors in striker pistols. It's resulted in super heavy and gritty triggers in four different Glocks. I've stopped using it on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I haven't had good luck with Lucas and connectors in striker pistols. It's resulted in super heavy and gritty triggers in four different Glocks. I've stopped using it on everything.
    That's good to know. I've been happy with Slip so I always just set aside those Lucas packets. Guess I shouldn't be surprised Cohen's Sig being involved with a sub par company.

As far as the gun, it's very interesting and innovative. If a different company was to follow suit with something similar it would indeed get my attention, especially if they could do it hammer fired or gadget-friendly

User Tag List