Page 185 of 232 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not just polymer - the existence of metal frames for the modular guns really makes you wonder.
    I have both the Mischief Machine and the Icarus frames. Definitely makes the little gun different.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I have both the Mischief Machine and the Icarus frames. Definitely makes the little gun different.
    Same with the AXG frames in the 320..

I’m curious about the MM frame.

There’s a guy who shoots a P320 in an Icarus frame in our local USPSA. It works fine but their styling reminds me of the knives they sell in truck stops.

The MM frame is a CHUNKY monkey dude.

I have the Omega with full length dust cover and grip panels.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I really think this gun is an appropriate use of the word ‘game-changer’! In retrospect, the modular concept and polymer frame is so simple it makes you wonder why it’s only now happening?!
    KelTec did it decades ago. Just we never looked at them as anything but a cheap BUG company.
    I recall all the oddball P32 & P3at grip colors.

On the 365/x/xl front, I LOVE the Wilson grip!
    Last edited by jandbj; 08-27-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    KelTec did it decades ago. Just we never looked at them as anything but a cheap BUG company.
    I recall all the oddball P32 & P3at grip colors.

On the 365/x/xl front, I LOVE the Wilson grip!
    Good remembering! I don’t think I ever knew it had a removable fcu and a replaceable frame. Totally forgot about them. As throw-away guns, I really considered the PF9 a pretty good gun and recommended it to several people.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Will the Icarus frame fit in the same holsters as the OEM frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Will the Icarus frame fit in the same holsters as the OEM frame?
    Some. The legacy icarus ones fit in phlster skeleton for example

Was Steyr the original modular gun concept manufacturer who never sold any frames so you could, uh, modulate???

And at some point I need shoot a P365, like the new comped version.

Site Supporter
    I finally was able to get to the range and shoot my P365. It has the Boresight Solutions Razorback grip module. I've read statements that the P365 is accurate, but it's usually people who shoot a lot. I dry fire occasionally(with my G19 and J frame) but haven't been to the range in over a year. Anyways, I was impressed with the P365; left-handed, right-handed, and both hands made tight groups(for me). If I was a better shooter I think I would have had one ragged hole. I assume the Boresight grip and the inherent accuracy of the P365 did all the work. I was thinking of selling it and buying a G34.5 but after shooting it, I don't know. I don't carry it but maybe I need to start, but I've always wanted a G34. Now the Kel-tec P32 and S&W 43c are a different story.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Was Steyr the original modular gun concept manufacturer who never sold any frames so you could, uh, modulate???

And at some point I need shoot a P365, like the new comped version.
    The most popular & successful modular weapon to date is the AR-15 (M-16, M-4 Carbine etc.) that was first designed in the 1950's by Eugene Stoner and associates. Stoner tried to develop the modular concept further in the 1960's with the Stoner 63 weapons system that saw some use by special forces in the 60's and 70's but never really took off.

For a modular system to work the parts need to be truly "interchangeable' and not just marketing BS.

I think SIG has hit on a winner with the P365 system. The merchandising of the P365 with different barrel & slide lengths, magazine capacities and grip ergonomics is pure marketing genius.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List