Page 177 of 232 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I like it enough better that I may keep an eye out for this slide in the SIG online store and flip my current slide on GB.

Edit - they are on there now, FDE and stainless only for the moment.
    Black is also available.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Black is also available.
    Yeah, I found that after I posted and didn’t re-edit the post fast enough.

I just ordered one, and that wipes out the good deal I got on the XL assuming I can sell the slide for a reasonable amount. That’s how much I prefer the dovetailed rear sight over the strange ass plate arrangement.

Edit - from the store illustration it looks like the parts slide has normal height sights, which is fine by me.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-07-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Has Sig's corrosion/rust protection improved in later models, or do I need to stay up on it?
    I put clp on my small parts on the 1st of every month. No issues since

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I put clp on my small parts on the 1st of every month. No issues since
    External small parts only? Trigger, mags and internals have no issues?

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    External small parts only? Trigger, mags and internals have no issues?
    External trigger and mags included. Internals don't seem to have any issues.

External trigger and mags included. Internals don't seem to have any issues.
    Thank you. This is one major thing glock does better lol

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Thank you. This is one major thing glock does better lol
    Very true. I have debated sending my carry gun in somewhere to have those parts coated and my carry mags. The fcu, barrel, slide and everything else seems to have 0 issues. I have only had the gun rust after a very very hot day, it got wet, and I didn't wipe it down after. I think that was more my fault than the guns. The mags do seem to have a really crappy ability to stop rust.

Very true. I have debated sending my carry gun in somewhere to have those parts coated and my carry mags. The fcu, barrel, slide and everything else seems to have 0 issues. I have only had the gun rust after a very very hot day, it got wet, and I didn't wipe it down after. I think that was more my fault than the guns. The mags do seem to have a really crappy ability to stop rust.
    Getting the carry mags coated may make sense.

The parts on the gun do seem to be a freak issue you had. I do run with my g19 and would plan to run with my p365xl if I make the swap so mag rust would be annoying

It seemed like the rust started with the mag catch so I swapped it out for a LakelineLLC stainless steel black nitride catch which has not rusted. Also coated my mags with Alumahyde II and recently started hitting the insides with Eezox. My mags are Made in the USA, I read that the Made in Italy (MecGar) mags are not as susceptible to rust.

You're really overthinking this, an Eezox treatment once per year will get rid of this issue.

User Tag List