Page 156 of 232 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    For Maple Leaf cut using the integrated rear sight on the optic, I had Dawson make me a 0.230 front that while not listed, they’ll make for you for the regular price because I paid for the set up fee already.
    JCN what rear sight are you using in combo with what you had made with Dawson and what is your poa/poi at 25 yards? Asking for comparison sake. Thank you Sir. Also where's the P365 .380 gamer gun thread already?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    JCN what rear sight are you using in combo with what you had made with Dawson and what is your poa/poi at 25 yards? Asking for comparison sake. Thank you Sir. Also where's the P365 .380 gamer gun thread already?
    The maple leaf cut is shallower than the factory X cut so the front sight needs to come up because the integrated rear on the 507k rides 0.40 higher than it would normally be on a factory XL cut where it works perfectly with the stock front.

That combination is POA/POI at 25 yards more or less. It’s so good that I can zero my red dots pretty closely off of it.

My 380 P365 comes on Monday thanks to @JCS

That one will be bug-ified rather than gamified, lol. Gamer games don’t allow 380 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The maple leaf cut is shallower than the factory X cut so the front sight needs to come up because the integrated rear on the 507k rides 0.40 higher than it would normally be on a factory XL cut where it works perfectly with the stock front.

That combination is POA/POI at 25 yards more or less. It’s so good that I can zero my red dots pretty closely off of it.

My 380 P365 comes on Monday thanks to @JCS

That one will be bug-ified rather than gamified, lol. Gamer games don’t allow 380 ACP.
    Tracking, just wondering if you had different results than I. All factory stuff zeroed fine with a #6 front through the 507K's as well. I've had some variance with POA/POI from gun to gun but that has to do with some weird height differences in fronts. It's been a crap shoot I ended up ordering a bunch of fronts measuring them all and sending back the ones that wouldn't work. Sucked to do it that way because I ate a bunch of shipping but I ended up more or less where I want to be. Peanuts I guess but I like to obsess over detail. That's why we're all here anyways.

As for the upcoming thread I'll settle for bug-ified, it will be fun to read through. Looking forward to your exploits. I hope they're reliable. It would be a neat trainer for my kiddo and an awesome primary for my arthritic mother. Hope they make XL length mags so we can up the frame size for them as well but I won't hold my breath as we're more likely to get rainbow colored slides first .

As for the upcoming thread I'll settle for bug-ified, it will be fun to read through. Looking forward to your exploits. I hope they're reliable. It would be a neat trainer for my kiddo and an awesome primary for my arthritic mother. Hope they make XL length mags so we can up the frame size for them as well but I won't hold my breath as we're more likely to get rainbow colored slides first .
    I’ll try and remember to tag you but one of the things I’m going to try is to see if I can use the aftermarket TacDev adapters to use in the XL grip.

https://tactical.dev/products/10-rou...ound-magazines

I think it should work if the 380 mags are the same plus an internal spacer.

The other thing I might look at is what kind of insert they’re using and just epoxy something.

You might see me with a 20 round 380 ProMag conversion…..

Site Supporter
    Great...
    Now I've gotta wait for a Spectre slide assembly to be offered by Sig, I just can't get past the pimped out gold

Site Supporter
    I'm curious what chronograph readings may say...
    365 vs Spectre vs XL
    When weather improves, I'll check 365 vs XL vs XL with TP threaded barrel
    I'd expect Sig will wait a while to offer a stand alone Spectra slide assy

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I'm curious what chronograph readings may say...
    365 vs Spectre vs XL
    When weather improves, I'll check 365 vs XL vs XL with TP threaded barrel
    I'd expect Sig will wait a while to offer a stand alone Spectra slide assy
    Same barrel length on the Spectre vs P365, 3.1", the XL is 3.7". Maybe you'd see 20-30 fps difference between comp and no comp but I don't see how unless back pressure from the comp increases resistance on projectile leaving the barrel slowing it down. At least that would be my layman's guess if so I believe it wouldn't be more than that 20-30 FPS. I might have data on a G43X w/ comp vs G48 but I don't remember, I'll have to look for that too for comparison sake. In the mean time I have chrony numbers for you on the P365/XL using a reloads just to get an idea. In May of 2020 I chronographed a few 124gr JHP's over 5 gr of Unique, 100' above sea level, at 52 degrees F, (since changed recipes).

They averaged 1,063 FPS from the P365 at the muzzle and 1,098 FPS from the XL with an SD of 17 for the P365 and 14 for the XL. That's a 35 FPS difference. I still may have a lot from that batch of ammo and will run them through the Spectre when I can get the the range next week to proof more 6ARC loads. I will have to confirm so we can compare apples to apples. If not I'll use a new batch and shoot it through all 3 variants the same day. I will have to take inventory again but if I still have a few boxes extra of Gold Dot's and the other 124gr stuff I'll shoot that too for you if you like. I think I mostly have 147gr stocked but that is less interesting as I wouldn't carry that in the Spectre and would stick to 124 +p as it seems to activate the comp more. I would still however carry 147's in the P365 and the XL though as they are noticeably faster in recovery time and are softer on my jacked up arms vs 124's and +P stuff.

Site Supporter
    Same barrel length on the Spectre vs P365, 3.1", the XL is 3.7". Maybe you'd see 20-30 fps difference between comp and no comp but I don't see how unless back pressure from the comp increases resistance on projectile leaving the barrel slowing it down. At least that would be my layman's guess if so I believe it wouldn't be more than that 20-30 FPS. I might have data on a G43X w/ comp vs G48 but I don't remember, I'll have to look for that too for comparison sake. In the mean time I have chrony numbers for you on the P365/XL using a reloads just to get an idea. In May of 2020 I chronographed a few 124gr JHP's over 5 gr of Unique, 100' above sea level, at 52 degrees F, (since changed recipes).

They averaged 1,063 FPS from the P365 at the muzzle and 1,098 FPS from the XL with an SD of 17 for the P365 and 14 for the XL. That's a 35 FPS difference. I still may have a lot from that batch of ammo and will run them through the Spectre when I can get the the range next week to proof more 6ARC loads. I will have to confirm so we can compare apples to apples. If not I'll use a new batch and shoot it through all 3 variants the same day. I will have to take inventory again but if I still have a few boxes extra of Gold Dot's and the other 124gr stuff I'll shoot that too for you if you like. I think I mostly have 147gr stocked but that is less interesting as I wouldn't carry that in the Spectre and would stick to 124 +p as it seems to activate the comp more. I would still however carry 147's in the P365 and the XL though as they are noticeably faster in recovery time and are softer on my jacked up arms vs 124's and +P stuff.
    Very interesting.
    I've been using 115 / 124gr and carrying 124's for the sake of recoil / poi consistency.
    I recently picked up a second XL and considering zeroing that and carrying 147's as a
    designated carry.
    I'm running a TP threaded barrel,, believe it or not, that little additional length makes a
    noticeable improvement AIWB, I'll see if that extra 1/2" picks up any velocity.
    Appreciate the input!

Cool

Very interesting.
    I've been using 115 / 124gr and carrying 124's for the sake of recoil / poi consistency.
    I recently picked up a second XL and considering zeroing that and carrying 147's as a
    designated carry.
    I'm running a TP threaded barrel,, believe it or not, that little additional length makes a
    noticeable improvement AIWB, I'll see if that extra 1/2" picks up any velocity.
    Appreciate the input!
    The TP barrels provide some excellent accuracy, I am quite pleased with the one I have for an XL. Lockup is different from factory barrel though by good measure and I had quite the shift in POI as a result. It also causes plated bullets to strip plating which I thought was weird. Back to the shift it wasn't huge with iron sights but with a red dot I was like, "holy crap" because the group shifted like 2" probably because it was super tight and had to be fitted a little bit, (not that I mind). It is really amazing what the red dots have brought to the table now that they are becoming so reliable and more widely adopted. I love all the closed emitters coming out and Sig not that I'm on their nuts or anything had the R2 which gives you open emitter with an ability to get a semi sealed enclosed emitter. Freaking innovative for sure. These dots sure let you ring all the accuracy out of some of these smaller guns where sight radius and eye sight can cause things to open up a fair bit more.

Once I get to a place where I can snag up several thousands of the 124gr stuff I'm pretty much going to stick with it. I'll keep some standard pressure stuff for the smaller guns and the +P stuff for the larger duty size and comped guns. I know there is a slight benefit when dealing with short barrels and using the 147's but it is just so much easier to logistically support, load and train with similar ammo using a 124gr bullet. Not to mention the 124gr +P Gold Dot just shoots lights out from anything I've every used, plus its' profile tends to feed well across the board. Not always the case with the 147gr stuff. Some of the G43's I've had didn't seem to like it as much. The G48's and 43X's I had ran fine with it but others reported differently. If memory serves I could also tell during function that the 147's in the slimline Glocks would cycle differently, slower if you will and it felt like hitching in the cycle of feeding while the 124 standard pressure stuff ran perfectly. The +P stuff had caused some other people issues I believe due to slide velocities. I think it was GJM who chalked it up to rate of feed from magazine, slide velocity and travel distance. I'm paraphrasing and apologies if I've miss quoted or miscredited. I think a good mixture of stock with 124 standard pressure and +p is the most prudent course though I wouldn't kick the 147gr stuff out of bed.

Great...
    Now I've gotta wait for a Spectre slide assembly to be offered by Sig, I just can't get past the pimped out gold
    Edit: I was wrong according to this post they will be offering it eventually. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1326531

A

User Tag List